• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    has anyone shot or owned a p226 "Black Water"? I shot one today and wowser!I have never shot more naturally in my life. It felt like it was custom designed and engineered for my exact.. everything. My buddy wouldn't sell it to me.. I don't think we can be friends anymore. lol

Are you talking about the version that is essentially a stock P226 with Blackwater logos on the grips, frame, and slide and specific night sights:

p226-blackwater-1-765x550.jpg

Or are you talking about the gun that was re-named the P226 TACOPS after removing all of the Blackwater references? It had tritium-fiber optic front sight, short reach trigger, an extended beavertail, and the grips extended to make a n enlarged magwell for the 20-rd magazines.

226-Blkwtr-Tact-detail-L2.jpg

The former is not much different than most P226s. The latter seems to get a little more TLC from the factory, but it should since the price is so much higher. I've never handled or even seen the Blackwater marked version, but the P226 TACOPS is a very good shooter.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Are you talking about the version that is essentially a stock P226 with Blackwater logos on the grips, frame, and slide and specific night sights:

p226-blackwater-1-765x550.jpg

Or are you talking about the gun that was re-named the P226 TACOPS after removing all of the Blackwater references? It had tritium-fiber optic front sight, short reach trigger, an extended beavertail, and the grips extended to make a n enlarged magwell for the 20-rd magazines.

226-Blkwtr-Tact-detail-L2.jpg

The former is not much different than most P226s. The latter seems to get a little more TLC from the factory, but it should since the price is so much higher. I've never handled or even seen the Blackwater marked version, but the P226 TACOPS is a very good shooter.

....and don't forget those front slide serrations I wish my MK-25 had. :(

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Great article! Thats pretty cool. I figured it had something to do with them but inwas only guessing. This thing shot amazing. I hope someday he wants to pass it along. I need a 226 in my life. Ita been my unicorn for so long. There is no reason o shouldnt have one. Yet i still dont.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If you keep your eyes open, you still run across gently used German or even W. German P226s for reasonable prices.
    I bought one local for $500 a few years back.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I know! I want it! But i just bought a cz the mrs doesnt knowabout yet. Shy of apayment plan... Yea lol ive clicked to pm several times and got wise. (Ish) a 226 is #1 on my list. Yet i cant seem to pull the trigger on one.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I know! I want it! But i just bought a cz the mrs doesnt knowabout yet. Shy of apayment plan... Yea lol ive clicked to pm several times and got wise. (Ish) a 226 is #1 on my list. Yet i cant seem to pull the trigger on one.

Haha! I feel your pain! Good luck!

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Someday... Lol i guess i could always sell, but thats dangerous. Next time she asks me to sell for whatever reason, she has ground to stand on when i refuse. Maybe i could trade, but thats another slippery slope for me. I have every firearm i have ever owned minus one. That was a 50.50 trade on a newer ducati before the election.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    New SIG P320 X-Five.

I am not known to be a striker-fired fan, but I was looking for something to use in USPSA Carry Optics Division as my eyes start needing the extra help.

I have been looking at the SIG P320 X-Five variant as a good choice for that category (Max Michel just won the National Championship in that division with this gun). It is a pretty sweet looking pistol and uses a different frame than the standard P320s, as well as the following other differences:

-A lightened slide
    -Match 5" Bull Barrel
    -Dawson Precision fiber optic sights
    -The slide is pre-cut to accept an optic sight such as a red dot
    -Straight trigger
    -Weighted backstrap
    -Undercut trigger guard and extended beaver tail
    -Magwell.

It also comes standard with FOUR 21-round magazines which is a nice touch.

Got a GREAT price at Gander Outdoors. This is the second gun in the last few months that I have got there that is priced well below what I have seen elsewhere. Pretty happy with their pricing...

Here are a few cell phone images, although I just had surgery on my hand on Thursday, so I won't get a chance to shoot it for a week or two. I also need to get out the "real camera" and get a pics of her before she gets too broken in.

ddxr6x2.jpg

81dHwjA.jpg

6cjaScQ.jpg

Last edited:

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Congrats double helix. She’s a beaut.
    ive read good things about it.

Thanks. Can't wait to shoot it. I am on the wait list for the Gray Guns trigger kit, which is currently out of stock.

Here are a couple of more cell phone shots from this morning while I was coon-fingering her:

eDDKK7R.jpg

I1JDPow.jpg

Here is the match bull barrel:

ZvfUu1G.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I got to play with a X-Carry at the LGS once and was interested but I thought, I am probably not going to carry it, so why not get the full size but then never ran across one at the right time.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    New SIG P320 X-Five.

I am not known to be a striker-fired fan, but I was looking for something to use in USPSA Carry Optics Division as my eyes start needing the extra help.

I have been looking at the SIG P320 X-Five variant as a good choice for that category (Max Michel just won the National Championship in that division with this gun). It is a pretty sweet looking pistol and uses a different frame than the standard P320s, as well as the following other differences:

-A lightened slide
    -Match 5" Bull Barrel
    -Dawson Precision fiber optic sights
    -The slide is pre-cut to accept an optic sight such as a red dot
    -Straight trigger
    -Weighted backstrap
    -Undercut trigger guard and extended beaver tail
    -Magwell.

It also comes standard with FOUR 21-round magazines which is a nice touch.

Got a GREAT price at Gander Outdoors. This is the second gun in the last few months that I have got there that is priced well below what I have seen elsewhere. Pretty happy with their pricing...

Here are a few cell phone images, although I just had surgery on my hand on Thursday, so I won't get a chance to shoot it for a week or two. I also need to get out the "real camera" and get a pics of her before she gets too broken in.

ddxr6x2.jpg

81dHwjA.jpg

6cjaScQ.jpg
    Very sweet looking pistol. Looking forward to hearing how it runs.

Top Bottom