• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    WEF admits EV’s are not enough to achieve their goals.

“Moreover, WEF stated that switching to electric vehicles isn’t enough to achieve these benefits. People need to combine it with more use of shared transport and changes to how our cities are designed. This means making cities more compact and easier to get around by walking or biking, and prioritizing public and shared transport.”

LOL at people who thought buying an EV would solve our problems—you can’t comply your way out of this, you are the carbon they want to get rid of.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    WEF admits EV’s are not enough to achieve their goals.

“Moreover, WEF stated that switching to electric vehicles isn’t enough to achieve these benefits. People need to combine it with more use of shared transport and changes to how our cities are designed. This means making cities more compact and easier to get around by walking or biking, and prioritizing public and shared transport.”

Well, I guess the WEF should LEAD BY EXAMPLE.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    LOL…

California will fall 20% short of generating the necessary electricity to meet the state’s 100 percent electric vehicle mandates, according to a new report released by the California free-market think tank, the Pacific Research Institute.

“These policies jeopardize California’s energy security and, without a miracle leap in technology, are setting us up for future energy shortages.”

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    LOL…

California will fall 20% short of generating the necessary electricity to meet the state’s 100 percent electric vehicle mandates, according to a new report released by the California free-market think tank, the Pacific Research Institute.

“These policies jeopardize California’s energy security and, without a miracle leap in technology, are setting us up for future energy shortages.”

They have no energy security today. They are a bunch of morons

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Nothing can bring a bigger smile to my face than seeing an entire state’s electric grid fail catastrophically during peak heat.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    • It is unclear whether the Tesla was self-driving at the time or if the driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol
    What a clusterf**k of a scene.........

According to Florida Highway Patrol Lt. Alex Camacho, the driver of a black Tesla sedan lost control and collided with a concrete barrier.

When the car came to a rest, authorities said, the Tesla was blocking a nearby road, and was struck by an oncoming black Dodge sedan.

The impact of the collision sent the Tesla driver, who has only been identified as a black adult male, flying out of his car and he landed on the roadway.

An oncoming white Nissan then slowed down in an attempt to avoid running over the man, but was struck from behind by a Chevy SUV.

The Nissan was then forced forward, NBC Miami reported, and ran over the Tesla driver.

A series of minor crashes then ensued between the Chevy SUV, the Nissan sedan, a white Jeep SUV, a tow truck and a gray Jeep SUV.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Still want to know if any brand of car is “self driving” and it results in injury or death, shouldn’t the software engineer and hardware engineer be liable? They and or their work was driving the vehicle, not the owner.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Still want to know if any brand of car is “self driving” and it results in injury or death, shouldn’t the software engineer and hardware engineer be liable? They and or their work was driving the vehicle, not the owner.
    The lawyers, the EULA, and the companies billions, coupled with this is what TPTB want…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Not unless you can prove the programming caused the accident, and you could do nothing to avoid it. You are still responsible for what the car is doing. No one makes people turn these things on.

I can't even stand the stupid nanny "safety" systems like stay in your lane and forward collision avoidance. I turn as much of that **** off as I can. There is no way I am letting my car drive itself.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Not unless you can prove the programming caused the accident, and you could do nothing to avoid it. You are still responsible for what the car is doing. No one makes people turn these things on.

I can't even stand the stupid nanny "safety" systems like stay in your lane and forward collision avoidance. I turn as much of that **** off as I can. There is no way I am letting my car drive itself.
    At some point in an urban utopia the local government will mandate all EVs that can self drive must do so without owner intervention. Then tell me the owner is responsible.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    At some point in an urban utopia the local government will mandate all EVs that can self drive must do so without owner intervention. Then tell me the owner is responsible.
    That is actually the only way it would work, if all cars were controlled by a single system. I doubt we will be around to see any such thing happen.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The movie Minority Report had a system in it. The cars could be driven manually if you were off the grid, but on grid you had no control. Just a big conveyor. Might as well go to all mass transit at that point
    How did it (the grid/conveyor) know where you wanted to go?

I've always said I would use mass transit if I could be assured that a bus would be in front of my house at all times, ready to take me wherever I needed to go, with no stops or transfers. And then be waiting for me when I had finished my business or activity to take me to the next location, and finally home. Is that too much to ask?

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

I've always said I would use mass transit if I could be assured that a bus would be in front of my house at all times, ready to take me wherever I needed to go, with no stops or transfers. And then be waiting for me when I had finished my business or activity to take me to the next location, and finally home. Is that too much to ask?
    Not if you are paying for the privilege

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Reminds me of an old Stallone movie, demolition man, I believe, self driving cars in the future, he of course, rips out the automated driver and takes off. More real today than back then…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

I don't remember now. Probably told the computer.

Top Bottom