• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There's another variable being left out of that comparison, with few exceptions, the current battery electric vehicles look terrible in pursuit of a "futuristic" look and an ultra low drag coefficient.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    You should feel good knowing you're paying for this. Have you kids sit by the emergency exit.

1666800345127.png

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    You should feel good knowing you're paying for this. Have you kids sit by the emergency exit.

View attachment 232886

tenor.gif

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

View attachment 232886

Colossal waste of money.

As for the burning bus. Here are three in the last 9 days for regular school buses on fire without having been in an accident.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Colossal waste of money.

As for the burning bus. Here are three in the last 9 days for regular school buses on fire without having been in an accident.
    Not that I keep up with school bus accident statistics but I don’t know that I’ve heard of one just catching on fire. I’m not denying these stories, just never have heard of one. (Maybe absent a coincidental wreck). I’ve seen stories of them sliding off a road or being in involved in collisions, etc. But human failure or incompetence is usually involved, not design flaws.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Most electrical fires are EASIER to put out than a gas fire.
    Shut off the source, and then the class C goes to a class A, because of anything ignited already.

BUT...
    Batteries ARE THE SOURCE, so you're not 'shutting' the source off.

So, if we're gonna do this, than EVERYONE, especially firefighters, will need training on class C fires (specifically battery fires), and new equipment.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's back to the government picking the winners and losers in the economy, probably based solely on the level of kickback to leadership.

Always follow the money

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

View attachment 232886

Or this:
    1666807540673.png

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-

Ouch indeed!

I call BS on why their so expensive. You can buy some pretty sophisticated LED controllers these days for less than 30$. There's literally 100's to choose from too. No reason "special lighting effects" to be so expensive for automotive use, even if the circuits are environmentally hardened they would only need to be $100 or so.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Ouch indeed!

I call BS on why their so expensive. You can buy some pretty sophisticated LED controllers these days for less than 30$. There's literally 100's to choose from too. No reason "special lighting effects" to be so expensive for automotive use, even if the circuits are environmentally hardened they would only need to be $100 or so.
    Who are you calling BS on? The owner? Washington Examiner? The website Drive that verified the list price?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ouch indeed!

I broke a power mirror on my new truck a couple years ago. The driver side one was about 50% more than the passenger side one. Why? Because that’s the one people break the most and you’ll pay, I guess. I suspect they were telling the truth about the cost. You want a direct replacement? You’ll pay what we decide to charge. There are no aftermarket sources for them yet. There is no competition to moderate prices. Yeah, it’s BS but when you have to have the latest and greatest, that’s part of the cost.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I broke a power mirror on my new truck a couple years ago. The driver side one was about 50% more than the passenger side one. Why? Because that’s the one people break the most and you’ll pay, I guess. I suspect they were telling the truth about the cost. You want a direct replacement? You’ll pay what we decide to charge. There are no aftermarket sources for them yet. There is no competition to moderate prices. Yeah, it’s BS but when you have to have the latest and greatest, that’s part of the cost.
    For some of this ridiculously technical stuff will there ever be aftermarket replacements? Can aftermarket even make a duplicate without violating the software agreement?

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    For some of this ridiculously technical stuff will there ever be aftermarket replacements? Can aftermarket even make a duplicate without violating the software agreement?
    Yeah, I need find a mechanically fuel injected diesel utility vehicle to prep for future use. Zero electronics (glow plugs don't count, they're discrete), can run on almost any type of plant oil or used frying grease with some mods.

I'd love something like an older CJ-5 or CJ-7 with a diesel to refurbish and tinker on.

Top Bottom