Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Got both granddaughters here now. DoggyMama's putting them to work on some weeding today (allegedly). I told them I would pay them $1.00 for each 5 gallon bucket they pull, but that the weeds had to be packed in the buckets. The younger one was excited and said to the older one, "If we earn some money, we can go buy something!" The older one was less enthusiastic. Difference is in how they're being raised. Younger one "gets it", even at not quite 7 years old. :)
    We pay the terrorists for the extra chores they do. Not cleaning the room and such but helping around the yard.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Well the internet company just showed up. We lost internet last week and someone was supposed to be here Mon. before noon.

They were not to happy that we have a new provider of internet and they are only on backup until the end of the billing cycle is over. If the new internet proves reliable, they will pack their stuff up

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Well the internet company just showed up. We lost internet last week and someone was supposed to be here Mon. before noon.

They were not to happy that we have a new provider of internet and they are only on backup until the end of the billing cycle is over. If the new internet proves reliable, they will pack their stuff up
    Lucky you to have multiple providers. Our area, Spectrum is it for high speed. I'll take them over dial-up, but just barely.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Lucky you to have multiple providers. Our area, Spectrum is it for high speed. I'll take them over dial-up, but just barely.
    We haven't had a second choice, until very recently. Starlink looks like it could work here, and Verizon now offers home internet in some locations, and we already have phones through them so we decided to try it. (Again)

Our old service we only averaged around 2mbps download and .7 upload, so not a great improvement over dial up

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Afternoon all ya cool cats , let the gkids go swimming and the water is 80deg it didn’t take long they were done.
    They all wanted McDonald’s , happy meals galore !

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    We haven't had a second choice, until very recently. Starlink looks like it could work here, and Verizon now offers home internet in some locations, and we already have phones through them so we decided to try it. (Again)

Our old service we only averaged around 2mbps download and .7 upload, so not a great improvement over dial up
    I'm happy with Spectrum except for price, although it's a lot better now that I cut the cable. It's $60 a month for only internet, but we have consistent 150+ download and 11-13 up. Guess I'm just old and remember internet being $4.99 a month back in "the day".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom