• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In the, "they never stop until the head is cut off" section, there is now this report of what has been transpiring at the Department of Homeland Security (man that homeland thing still makes my skin crawl).

Here are a couple of "give you shivers" tidbits.

"Emails and documents obtained by the outlet detailed just how closely DHS was working with the social media companies.​

Emails obtained in a federal lawsuit filed by Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt and Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry over purported collaboration between the government and social media companies to censor or suppress speech indicate what appears to be coordination between dozens of federal administration officials and social media executives on how to address information regarding COVID-19 and a range of other content.​
    “The discovery provided so far demonstrates that this Censorship Enterprise is extremely broad,” Schmitt and Landry said in a joint statement."​

"In January 2021, CISA replaced the Countering Foreign Influence Task force with the “Misinformation, Disinformation and Malinformation” team, which was on the lookout for all types of disinformation.​
    Because CISA must adhere to Americans’ right to free speech under the First Amendment, leaked meeting minutes show that Geoff Hale, the director of the Election Security Initiative at CISA, went as far as to recommend the use of third-party information-sharing nonprofits as a “clearing house for trust information to avoid the appearance of government propaganda.”"​

So am I to understand that Federal Government employees who generally take an oath to the Constitution cannot figure out the Preamble to the Bill of Rights, and the text of the First Amendment? Are they really that stupid, or are they really just that subversive and evil? At this point, I don't see there being many other options.

...in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added...​

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abriding the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

So if Congress created the DHS by law, and authorized the above reported actions (directly or indirectly, it doesn't matter). Then is not every member of Congress who voted for such law not directly liable for violating their oath of office and for denying Americans First Amendment Rights under color of law?

I may need to go check my supply of rope. May need to get some more.
    But, but it is not unconstitutional to ask a private company to do what would be unconstitutional for us to do ourselves…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    But, but it is not unconstitutional to ask a private company to do what would be unconstitutional for us to do ourselves…
    I was warning folks about the government using info from the credit bureaus 30 years ago and said that it would be unconstitutional for them to gather the data themselves but they can buy it from companies.

The sheeple did not care…

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm hoping Musk disregards all this garbage and does what he had intended.
    Doubtful at least in the EU. It has laws against wrong think already.
    If you misgender someone on social media in the UK you can already be(and thousands have been) arrested.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Doubtful at least in the EU. It has laws against wrong think already.
    If you misgender someone on social media in the UK you can already be(and thousands have been) arrested.

F the EU. We need to make sure this garbage doesn't take over here as well. What an absolute crock of :poop:

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    In the, "they never stop until the head is cut off" section, there is now this report of what has been transpiring at the Department of Homeland Security (man that homeland thing still makes my skin crawl).

Here are a couple of "give you shivers" tidbits.

"Emails and documents obtained by the outlet detailed just how closely DHS was working with the social media companies.​

Emails obtained in a federal lawsuit filed by Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt and Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry over purported collaboration between the government and social media companies to censor or suppress speech indicate what appears to be coordination between dozens of federal administration officials and social media executives on how to address information regarding COVID-19 and a range of other content.​
    “The discovery provided so far demonstrates that this Censorship Enterprise is extremely broad,” Schmitt and Landry said in a joint statement."​

"In January 2021, CISA replaced the Countering Foreign Influence Task force with the “Misinformation, Disinformation and Malinformation” team, which was on the lookout for all types of disinformation.​
    Because CISA must adhere to Americans’ right to free speech under the First Amendment, leaked meeting minutes show that Geoff Hale, the director of the Election Security Initiative at CISA, went as far as to recommend the use of third-party information-sharing nonprofits as a “clearing house for trust information to avoid the appearance of government propaganda.”"​

So am I to understand that Federal Government employees who generally take an oath to the Constitution cannot figure out the Preamble to the Bill of Rights, and the text of the First Amendment? Are they really that stupid, or are they really just that subversive and evil? At this point, I don't see there being many other options.

...in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added...​

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abriding the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

So if Congress created the DHS by law, and authorized the above reported actions (directly or indirectly, it doesn't matter). Then is not every member of Congress who voted for such law not directly liable for violating their oath of office and for denying Americans First Amendment Rights under color of law?

I may need to go check my supply of rope. May need to get some more.
    I vote subversive and evil, but stupid too.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Well they can’t count on The Twitter to pass along EVERYTHING as fact to the masses…..pulled a tweet of BS when it didn‘t spin their way.

"Twitter" (the entity/company) had nothing directly to do with the "fact check" in this case. It was Twitter's crowd-sourced fact-checking feature called Birdwatch. Actual users created the fact-check comments, and other users voted the fact-check comments up/down.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    "Twitter" (the entity/company) had nothing directly to do with the "fact check" in this case. It was Twitter's crowd-sourced fact-checking feature called Birdwatch. Actual users created the fact-check comments, and other users voted the fact-check comments up/down.
    Were there instances of this happening before to Biden's obvious lies?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Were there instances of this happening before to Biden's obvious lies?
    Not that I am aware of. Perhaps birdwatch has noticed the weathervane is pointing in a new direction. The change is too swift and too radical from the way things were to be anything other than mgmt directed

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I wonder how long free speech will live on INGO, I always presumed that the gun thing would be what took INGO down but the speech here may now be a bigger target…
    There are topics and speech not allowed here now. ”free speech “ being limited is always on the table at a privately owned business.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There are topics and speech not allowed here now. ”free speech “ being limited is always on the table at a privately owned business.
    We will have to see how this plays out. Texas won a judgement that they can force free speech on private companies of a large enough size.

Top Bottom