• ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I don't have a knife in my pocket as much as I used to but that's because I always have my keys on me. On my key rings I have a gerber dime (multi tool) and a small Kershaw for opening boxes, packages, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I've got like 3 or 4 of them spaced out between sets of keys so I've alway got one. Makes it easier on the pockets at least. If I'm dressed up nice I often throw a case knife in my pocket.

Ah, yes. I forgot about the SOG "key" on my key ring. Security never notices it either.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    :yesway:
    I carried that knife everywhere, all the time, except school, because schools were freaking out about them.
    You just evoked a pleasant memory from high school.

I carried a knife all the time, even at school. Never occurred to me not to, no one was freaking out about them, then. It was a scout knife, not the big one with all the tools but the folding three blade "wood carver" I bought to carve neckerchief slides - plus it was slimmer and fit in the pocket better.

Anyhoo, one day in my junior year (I think) we were all trapped in a room for some kind of "home room" session, I forget why, one of those events where they had to store the kids for one period, so not a real class just a bunch of kids all yammering away to each other and one lone teacher trying keep a lid on things long enough to reach the end of the period without catastrophe

One of girls (Patience0830 will likely remember her) was wandering around the room and suddenly decided to just plop down in my lap. Sat towards left, where I kept the knife in my left pants pocket. Among other things. Shouts out "Oh! I sat on something hard!" Teacher said "Get off him!" Spoilsport.
    She was more right than she probably knew.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    In HS I carried a folding hawk bill carpet knife. I had guys put their switchblades away and try to become my best friend when I pulled that out. One was sent intentionally by the 'stoners' to 'get' me.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I carried a knife all the time, even at school. Never occurred to me not to, no one was freaking out about them, then. It was a scout knife, not the big one with all the tools but the folding three blade "wood carver" I bought to carve neckerchief slides - plus it was slimmer and fit in the pocket better.

Anyhoo, one day in my junior year (I think) we were all trapped in a room for some kind of "home room" session, I forget why, one of those events where they had to store the kids for one period, so not a real class just a bunch of kids all yammering away to each other and one lone teacher trying keep a lid on things long enough to reach the end of the period without catastrophe

One of girls (Patience0830 will likely remember her) was wandering around the room and suddenly decided to just plop down in my lap. Sat towards left, where I kept the knife in my left pants pocket. Among other things. Shouts out "Oh! I sat on something hard!" Teacher said "Get off him!" Spoilsport.

I either went to the wrong school, or I was in the wrong crowd.
    Never had a girl walk up and sit down in my lap.
    It was a while ago. Pretty sure I'd remember that.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    I usually have an Emerson Seax strong side and a Buck stockman in an off side pocket. These occasionally get switched up, but not often.

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    Normally have at least one on me. Gets used for various things fairly often. The problem is that I am horrible with sharpening them. Just suck at it. So I get an excuse to buy a new one every so often, and the dull one goes in a box

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't carry pocket knives any more. Fixed blades serve my needs just fine without having to break them in half to put them away.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

PM me a name. I must have missed that session. Mine woulda prolly been hard too.

EGParatrooper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    I've had this little Gerber 400 in my right front pocket every day for 20+ years. Keep it comfortably sharp. Great little knife.

Gerber 400.jpg

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    I gotta be honest, I carry a modified mini Griptilian, Leatherman Micra and a TPT slide box cutter daily. The TPT gets more work than anything because of the cheap changeable blades. The grip only comes out when necessary, Micra is basically for the scissors or fingernails

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I gotta be honest, I carry a modified mini Griptilian, Leatherman Micra and a TPT slide box cutter daily. The TPT gets more work than anything because of the cheap changeable blades. The grip only comes out when necessary, Micra is basically for the scissors or fingernails

Those are 3 great choices. I love the idea of using disposable blades for most everyday tasks. I don’t want to use a $300 knife to cut open cardboard boxes when I can use a disposable one.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Those are 3 great choices. I love the idea of using disposable blades for most everyday tasks. I don’t want to use a $300 knife to cut open cardboard boxes when I can use a disposable one.

I daily carry a variety of cheap knives, ESSE Avispa being my favorite. I’ve resharpened it a billion times. It does the job. Outside of normal EDC, places where I won’t be using it as much, or of course if I need to look cool, I carry my higher dollar blades. In the woods, I carry some serious 1/4” spline blades that can pry an elephants hoof off.

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    Thanks man,

It took me years to realize the benefits of carrying a box cutter for tape/boxes. Saves my nice knives for the more serious stuff like apple slices for my kids. :):

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I carry a Benchmade Mini-Barrage. It's going back tomorrow for its second repair in as many years. How can it go bad just sitting in my pocket? Not happy but it cost me over $125 years ago so I'll keep carrying it.

bcd007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Carried a pocket knife most of my life. My dad was a truck driver and retired from the Army as a drill instructor, he always had a Case trapper in his pocket. I worked at Cutlery World in the Greenwood Mall back in the early 90’s and loved when “old timers” would show me their pocket knife. Usually a Case or Shrade, and the stories they told about where they got the knife or what they had done with it was always a great listen. Carry a knife, every day... Mine is a Kershaw Speedgate model, love it (thanks Ken Onion).

Top Bottom