• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    A couple glasses of grape juice will fix you right up, at least it always cleaned me out when I was a kid :lmfao:
    My wife brought home a CRAVE CASE of White Castle hamburgers.

3:16am and I made a trip to the :toilet2:

FWIW, Saturday was another high school fencing tournament. 246 competitors, in teams of 3 kids. My girls squad won the GOLD medal for Girls Saber. My boys squad took the SILVER medal.

Back in the coaches room I had a Boston Creme donut, a sandwich, 2 helpings of mostacholli, a giant blueberry muffin, that was after I ate breakfast at home. Clearly NOT my best diet day.

I also took countless ADVIL tablets at the tournament as I was having another arthritis flare up and forgot my prescription pain pills. Took 2 of those to knock down the pain last night, didn't knock it out, just calmed it down enough that I got to sleep.

Feeling good this morning, 4:15am and I'm getting on the treadmill :woot:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Definitely hard to stay motivated with the holidays.

I'm missing some of my goals. Probably only hit my 50 minute per day exercise goal about 50% of the time over the past 2-3 weeks. Got 30 minutes on the treadmill this morning at a good pace.

Sticking to the calorie intake goal of 1850/per day about 95% of the time. The days that I've gone over have been fairly modest overages. Some days I'm way under, so that balances out pretty well.

Weight has been holding steady. But now I'm constipated so unless I take a massive dump soon nobody will be able to tolerate my mood because I'm a pretty crabby person right now.
    Age is a great cure for constipation for men. It has side effects though. You can’t always tell when it’s not air. I don’t think I’ve been constipated in years.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I think I’ve found my balance point. For several weeks my weight has been hovering in a 5# weight range between 173-178. I’ve been eating mostly healthy but I’ve indulged in the occasional donut, prime rib, and pizza. I’m working out, but not as much. And my weight is holding. My upper arms, chest are looking less skinny but not yet bulky. Overall I’m pretty darn happy.

I think I may push to lose a few more pounds, maybe to stay below 175? But I’m feeling pretty good in this range. Still need to tone and build a little muscle. Wouldn’t mind being a 60+ with a 6 pack torso, but that has never been my goal. So not done. But I think I’ve found a sustainable life pattern.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I think I’ve found my balance point. For several weeks my weight has been hovering in a 5# weight range between 173-178. I’ve been eating mostly healthy but I’ve indulged in the occasional donut, prime rib, and pizza. I’m working out, but not as much. And my weight is holding. My upper arms, chest are looking less skinny but not yet bulky. Overall I’m pretty darn happy.

I think I may push to lose a few more pounds, maybe to stay below 175? But I’m feeling pretty good in this range. Still need to tone and build a little muscle. Wouldn’t mind being a 60+ with a 6 pack torso, but that has never been my goal. So not done. But I think I’ve found a sustainable life pattern.
    If you want to add muscle it will help to add some calories to your diet, especially proteins.
    A 6 pack is more a sign of body fat percentage, get down under 12%, give or take, everybody is different, and you should start seeing definition.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    If you want to add muscle it will help to add some calories to your diet, especially proteins.
    A 6 pack is more a sign of body fat percentage, get down under 12%, give or take, everybody is different, and you should start seeing definition.
    The 6 pack thing is more of a joke for me.

But I've added calories, mostly protein calories, to my diet over the past 3+ weeks and been working on resistance bands weight lifting for upper body. It seems to be working.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So here's something stupid to do:

Partially recover from a chest cold, decide it's been too long since you jogged, head out in sub 30 degree weather for 2 miles. Even with a cold weather mask and proper cold weather gear I managed to reclog myself up pretty good. I am not patient for this sort of thing an always push it and set myself back even further because of my idiocy.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    So here's something stupid to do:

Partially recover from a chest cold, decide it's been too long since you jogged, head out in sub 30 degree weather for 2 miles. Even with a cold weather mask and proper cold weather gear I managed to reclog myself up pretty good. I am not patient for this sort of thing an always push it and set myself back even further because of my idiocy.
    Doing anything in the cold that gets you huffing and puffing is not fun! Running just short distances yesterday during my hike had me just gasping. I can’t blame all that on the cold air, but at least some of it!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I’m convinced the wife’s exercise bike is a tool of satan! Didn’t really feel like lifting, but didn’t feel like sitting on my butt being lazy. What can a little biking workout hurt? Apparently most of my lower body!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    174.8# pounds on the scale this morning. But my blood pressure is up. 133/87, probably related to lack of sleep, excess food and possibly salt intake???

Pretty darn happy with the weight. Especially since our adopted college daughter was visiting for the weekend (not really adopted, she's a foreign exchange student we've had for years, we consider her our daughter, she calls me dad, blah blah blah). We also had our part time foster son here and our natural daughter too. So it was celebration time, including LOTS OF FOOD, all weekend and that weekend was extended thru yesterday. We are back to the calm of an empty nester house.

I find it very hard to stick to a diet during the chaos of weekends with our foster son here, double that when either daughter is here.

But I've been managing to "close my rings" and while some meals have been extravagant, others have been very low calorie so I didn't totally destroy my diet.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    174.0 on the scale this morning.

ZERO exercise yesterday, ZERO exercise the day before. NONE planned for today. NONE planned for tomorrow.

Big dinner last night. And a HUGE piece of chocolate. As in family size piece of chocolate!!! But I was pretty good the rest of the day. Today might be different.
    Tis the season...

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I guess I need to get back on the almost daily walking 2-3 miles train. I now have two reasons that are related. I have kidney disease and while it is in stage 3 right now, losing weight should slow it. The other being I want to slow the progression because I might have two big trips to do. First being a south Florida trip for my wife’s brothers wedding in January in 2024. Second being I want my wife and I to be able to do a solo trip in summer for our 10 year anniversary of being married in 2024. Ckd seems to be something that could be steady for years or quickly worsen and being overweight probably doesn’t help.

I’m at the point I’ve accepted at some point of my life I will need a kidney, just want to get through the next 13 months before I have to start thinking about anything worse then diet changes. I have already am trying reduced how much salt I use. I limit drinking anything but water to a glass or two a day.

I’m also sure worrying about all that and having high blood pressure (mostly under control) doesn’t help either.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I started something new a couple of weeks ago, and I'm not sure what to think. Here's the backstory first. We made some significant changes at work early this month. I was so busy that first week I ended up working through several meals. My plan was to start intermittent fasting January 1, but since missing those meals wasn't all that bad, I thought I would give it a try a little earlier. It's not been that bad. I've basically got myself eating lunch and dinner in a 7.5 hour window.

The first week I did it, I lost 5 pounds, then followed it up this week by losing another 3. That weight loss was the good news, but I'm still don't see any improvement in my flabbiness, which is why I tried it in the first place. I'll need to be patient thought because all the reading and videos I've seen said it takes months for the skin to start tightening up again. I'm also planning on switching to a keto diet the first of the year, so we'll see what happens then.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic holiday season. . .Lord, I want a pizza so bad right now!!!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I started something new a couple of weeks ago, and I'm not sure what to think. Here's the backstory first. We made some significant changes at work early this month. I was so busy that first week I ended up working through several meals. My plan was to start intermittent fasting January 1, but since missing those meals wasn't all that bad, I thought I would give it a try a little earlier. It's not been that bad. I've basically got myself eating lunch and dinner in a 7.5 hour window.

The first week I did it, I lost 5 pounds, then followed it up this week by losing another 3. That weight loss was the good news, but I'm still don't see any improvement in my flabbiness, which is why I tried it in the first place. I'll need to be patient thought because all the reading and videos I've seen said it takes months for the skin to start tightening up again. I'm also planning on switching to a keto diet the first of the year, so we'll see what happens then.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic holiday season. . .Lord, I want a pizza so bad right now!!!
    I lost weight slower or not at all while trying to intermittently fast, of course we are all different, but when I started trying to have my meals as largest for breakfast and smallest for dinner, I lost more weight faster than with IF. Good luck, I hope it continues to work for you.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    2 pots of coffee but the house is clean! Like scrubbed with a toothbrush clean :lmfao:Santa will be pleased.

I should probably go workout before this high comes crashing down….

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Ya know how they say if somebody is trying to get healthy and lose weight their spouse will sometimes try to unconsciously sabotage them? Yeah, we all think no, not my wife, they support me. I thought so too until today…
    621DD605-C294-40C4-8846-455B6B09B595.jpeg

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Still bumming around the house with my messed up knee. :crying: Thinking second week of January for trying to start training back up. Doesn't feel like it's getting better, but still early I guess.

Doing my weight routine better with the extra time, though. It's not a substitute but it's something.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    2023 Goal: Maintain weight, increase strength, reduce body fat percentage.

I've been pretty decent about hitting the weights, but going to be more serious about it this year. Even if that means not skipping leg day. I'm building weight slowly and being very very careful about any knee or neck pain to prevent re-injury.

Top Bottom