• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Kids are all here for Christmas, including my oldest daughter and her husband who live in Tennessee. Its not often these days that we have the whole gang together, so dad (me) has been making some of his classic breakfasts and other meals. We've had lots of bacon, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, sausage links, prime rib. Lets just say that this weekend doesn't count.

14bR.gif

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Kids are all here for Christmas, including my oldest daughter and her husband who live in Tennessee. Its not often these days that we have the whole gang together, so dad (me) has been making some of his classic breakfasts and other meals. We've had lots of bacon, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, sausage links, prime rib. Lets just say that this weekend doesn't count.

View attachment 244343
    I concur. My cardiologist would smack me if I ate like I have lately on a regular basis!!:bash:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I did pretty well over the weekend. Ate a very small amount of 3 layer chocolate something or other with cool whip in it. And I think I had 3 sodas. Then just the normal fixings like ham, potatoes and pasta salad. Wife got me an adjustable workout bench for Christmas. Used it yesterday afternoon and my arms are extremely sore this morning

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    176.6# on the scale this morning.

Near as I can tell there is 2# of baked ham, ice cream, cherry pie, chocolate ganache and sweet potatoes in my colon.

For Christmas I received several pairs of pants, waist size 34. Apparently Santa thought I dressed like a clown in my old "fat" pants, with my belt cinched tight to the last belt loop.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Had my kidney doctor appointment today. Two months ago I was 290 there. In February of 2021, I weighed 310. Today I weighed 282. November I tried to be active walking 2-3 miles a day a few days a week but I got off that train in December. I have tried to eat better and watch salt and seasoning I use when cooking.

My goal right now is to be down to 260 by July. That is what I weighed in 2014.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Well I’ve dropped most of my Christmas bloat. Get a few pounds left to get to my pre-Christmas weight. Now the challenge is to get the neighbor lady to stop bringing over homemade peanut butter fudge :drool:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

View attachment 244343
    Just the Weekend? I believe it extends to the full week?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    173.6# on the scale
    116/80 blood pressure
    72bpm average heart rate
    17.8% fat
    99% oxygen saturation

So all of that is a good way to start a new year, especially since I was a classic model for the "Dad Bod" look in July of last year. 30+ pounds overweight. High blood pressure. Out of shape.

I set a goal of 177# by Christmas and met that goal by Thanksgiving. That worked out well for me because my rheumatoid arthritis meds began to fail me in early November and workouts seriously trailed off by mid-November. I maintained my diet. But instead of "closing all my rings" every single day, I got to the point where I was only closing the AppleWatch rings about 1 or 2 times a week. So pretty dramatic difference in workouts.

And I went from 2 or 3 opioid pain pills per MONTH up to 2 per DAY. Also increased my bourbon intake, the alcohol seems to be a good pain killer. A blood test before Christmas sent an alert to my doctor about alcohol related enzymes increasing so I stopped the alcohol and now I'm taking closer to 3 pain pills a day as an average, and the alcohol is only recreational.

Closed my rings yesterday. Got up and took morning meds + pain pill at 6:30am. Getting on the treadmill now, got to work out the morning arthritis stiffness. If I don't the "dad bod" will return. Got to push through this. I feel best in the mornings so now is the time.

2022 I got much healthier in many ways, lost a lot of weight. I look and feel much better too. Wrangler size 36 pants were tight at the waist. Today I can pull size 34 Wranglers straight down off my waist without un-buttoning the waist and need a belt to hold them up. So probably should be wearing a size 32.
    2023 and I'm going for a lean trim and semi-muscled look with some strength training. But mostly sticking with cardio for my heart, that is the more important muscle. The semi-muscled look is for vanity.

No 'dad bod' but aiming for 'DILF bod' :thatshot: :whistle:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Not a good weekend. Had some unexpected personal issues pop up late last week, so I didn't take care of myself like I should have. I'm up four pounds over my Saturday morning weigh in. The good news is I feel like I've pulled myself together and refocused. I've already ran three miles this morning, and I have my meals planned out. Time to get serious again. Hope everyone had a safe and happy new year.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Not a good weekend. Had some unexpected personal issues pop up late last week. . .
    We all have those periods. Not just days. Sometimes weeks.

I think one key is to not totally abandon ALL the good habits.

For roughly 6 weeks, due to my arthritis, I pretty much skipped my exercising. Maybe out of that whole time period I got in a couple workouts instead of every day workouts. Some days I didn't care. Essentially I did ZERO exercise for a month and a half.

But I tried to maintain a good diet. There were holidays during that same period and I allowed myself "guilt free" days while trying not to be a glutton.

I avoided drive thru windows. Nothing healthy to eat comes through the car window. I spend a lot of time in the car and I pass a lot of tempting food. It is my bane.

Good luck with your personal issues, I hope they have been resolved. It's good that you are getting back on track. Put it behind you. Any improvement is an improvement, so take the tiny victories when you can't follow you plans and realize that every small step forward is still progress toward your goal.

Top Bottom