The CZickness XXXIV...In America where only the good guys wear masks.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Picture this please and you will understand my sentiments.

Having put everything else in life on hold for at least 60 days to build 2 cars and make them competitive with whatever is available as in 2 year+ old tech....little if any sleep for at least the last 20 days because you had one of the 2 cars (or both) test the wall and suddenly you are racing the clock when the cannon fires and then the balloons.
    It has all led up to this one moment. The car is qualified and you have just posted it up on the starting grid. The starter cart is next to you as you look out on the field of the fastest 33 cars and drivers. +The crews are now relaxed and waiting for Mary. In every direction the stands are a sea of humanity. You can feel the energy. It is everywhere. You run a few last minute details through your mind and check......you, the crew...the car...the driver are all ready. You walk up to the side of the car and check his belts. Radio check. Hand shake and a wink and a nod.

Then Jim comes out and is announced. The crowd goes near dead quite. He sings that song you know so well. Goose bumps. Yes the butterfly's and goose bumps come because this is it. The end game you worked you a$$ off for, put life on hold for, is about to commence. Jim belts it out. You smile and plug the starter into the trans axle. Mary takes center stage and in her all to feeble voice says the words. Those magic words. The driver verifies ready on the headset. You Grip the 48 volt started motor (It began life as a radial engine starter in an airplane) and stab the button with your thumb. It spins the engine over for maybe 15 seconds as you build oil and fuel pressure in the V-6 Buick that you actually assembled in you shop at home. The driver engages the run switch and she lites up with 750 HP worth of authority. The field starts to slowly move off. You hand the starter to someone and they go to the wall and wait in case you need them. The car is pushed off and it begins.

I am so ****ing pissed off at this entire :bs: that those bastards have ruined this experience for so many.

Damn i could feel the goosebumps reading that

CKW

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Hey everyone. Sorry I have been out for a while but I have been working the mouse pretty hard. He has stood up to it.

I just read his post about being on the grid. He did that for 18 years straight. It was a passion/lifes dream for him and we all supported him in doing this. So many great memories with all the racers coming to the house all through the month. We always had a huge cookout after the race. So many drivers and crew have sampled the food the ladies spent the entire day preparing. Lots of beer was drank. The story's are endless.

Just a note........Mouse signed off a few minutes ago and he has just had it. Lifes been kicking his butt pretty regularly lately and today with no race and all that going on he just hit the wall. I guess something something staff something something so he is done at least for a while.

Hope you all have the beast Holiday weekend.

CKW

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    No mods! Party on Wayne!! :rockwoot:

I lit the fire.

WzlfoPQ.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Evening is looking better, 0-2 at GB, but the gardener brought me some strawberry shortcake.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Hey everyone. Sorry I have been out for a while but I have been working the mouse pretty hard. He has stood up to it.

I just read his post about being on the grid. He did that for 18 years straight. It was a passion/lifes dream for him and we all supported him in doing this. So many great memories with all the racers coming to the house all through the month. We always had a huge cookout after the race. So many drivers and crew have sampled the food the ladies spent the entire day preparing. Lots of beer was drank. The story's are endless.

Just a note........Mouse signed off a few minutes ago and he has just had it. Lifes been kicking his butt pretty regularly lately and today with no race and all that going on he just hit the wall. I guess something something staff something something so he is done at least for a while.

CKW

Give him a hug for me, CKW.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Made different bullets for BP cartridge stuff today and finished the repairs on a broom. Previous owner had the guts fly out the back on firing and was glad to see it go. The lower hammer pin spring needed bending and re-tempering. Had the torch and molten lead going so I got that done. Back to working on one of the 1877 Lightnings, these things are puzzle boxes.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

CKW
    Sorry to hear this. Please give him my warmest regards. A man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom