The CZickness XXXI: Almost Super Sunday followed by Sockless Monday.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ive taught my kids gun safety and not to touch guns without my permission. But I still don't trust them for one second with my back turned with a gun. Nope.
    Because when I was a kid the first chance I got to find and play with my dads guns, I did it. Hell yeah. They were awesomeness:rockwoot:guns woot woot!!

I wont tell other what to do, but I wont even leave one of mine empty even on the kitchen counter and go to the bathroom even if my kids are in the living room. I just cant do it.

Just the thought of the consequences of me making a bad choice and them suffering like that just wrecks me. I can't even imagine. It would take the last of what soul i have left

I hope my comments were not taken too carte blanch as that we are remiss. We are not. Just saying that if there is no secrets kept and the allure of hidden treasure is not part of it they will just pay no attention. Heck my parents were "Don't you kids touch this or look in there". They would no sooner leave then we were touching and looking. Just being kids.

No you can not be too safe.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    We have the young ones so relaxed around firearms they do not even give them a second look. They sit at the bench with me when I am fitting up a 1911 or assembling an AR. They hand me tools. They have their own tools. We do not leave guns randomly out but occasionally my EDC will be on my desk. They pay it zero attention. 2nd nature to them. There are a few strategically located out of reach/view. Even a long gun.

Granted if anyone else outside that group is in the house we make sure everything is out of sight.

If you own guns and have kids education is the key.

I wish it were that way in every household. In my opinion, the kids that get in trouble with guns are the kids that are told that they are dangerous, mysterious things that they are forbidden to even think about. If a kid grows up around guns, they are far less likely to ‘get curious’ if they encounter one.

Same thing goes for drinking. Tell a kid that they cannot touch liquor and when they turn 21, they are more likely to do dumb ****. Both of my sons 21st birthdays were a non-event. There was no mystery and now, I’m happy to see that they enjoy a drink but don’t abuse it.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    CM : I think I went to his place after I was at your home.

Yes, he had some fine 1911 Standards....ever since I coon fingered yours I have had them in the back of my mind.

When I saw this subscribed vid come across my email today I had to view it and low and behold it was one of their hawt shotty's.

I lust after the 1911's you showed me. I'll have one someday. My focus has shifted since that day from Dan Wesson to Standard.

It'll happen, just not in the short term.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Holosun going right after that Aimpoint Acro market:

[video=youtube_share;ZSh3Ui44osU]https://youtu.be/ZSh3Ui44osU[/video]

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I hope my comments were not taken too carte blanch as that we are remiss. We are not. Just saying that if there is no secrets kept and the allure of hidden treasure is not part of it they will just pay no attention. Heck my parents were "Don't you kids touch this or look in there". They would no sooner leave then we were touching and looking. Just being kids.

No you can not be too safe.
    Nope i know you cm. Ive been to your home. I know you aren't careless.

Im just saying, i have good kids i think, and ive taught them, but i dont trust them.
    I only say that for others reading who may give it just one second thought before they leave their carry gun out or something. Just in case, maybe theyll be like, eh that damn sock guy is in the back of my head :):
    Maybe not in the shower though;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom