The CZickness XXXI: Almost Super Sunday followed by Sockless Monday.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I will miss my kids when that time comes for them to leave the nest, but damn I cant wait to be able to be more free with guns in my home lol.
    Of coarse then i still wont be able to if i have grandkids coming over eventually but im not gonna think about that. Im just picturing a M60 e3 behind my bathroom door

We are at that point now. Kids grown and gone on their own with no grandkids yet. I carry all day, every day at home but still have stuff laying around that I would never have if there were kids remotely possible coming home. I may be a bit over the top in regards to being armed in the house, but there are times when I’ll keep an AR next to me while working. I also have a picture of my Spider as my computer wallpaper, so it’s more a case of liking to see the things I really like.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    We are at that point now. Kids grown and gone on their own with no grandkids yet. I carry all day, every day at home but still have stuff laying around that I would never have if there were kids remotely possible coming home. I may be a bit over the top in regards to being armed in the house, but there are times when I’ll keep an AR next to me while working. I also have a picture of my Spider as my computer wallpaper, so it’s more a case of liking to see the things I really like.
    I generally have 3 Austrian pistols strategically placed about the house, and if we are both home, there is a fourth. Very rarely do I ever have a loaded long gun out. I’m a slacker.:(

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have some loaded guns in my house in lock boxes and wall locks. But with kids I have to keep them locked up. They arent even in areas they could even touch them.
    Thats why i keep on on my always. Even in the shower i am armed. Always have been. But im safe and I have my routines.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I keep some stuff out, things that work well for some critters don't work as well for others.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Every once in a while, my niece will visit with her kids and that is the time I inventory, unload and lock up every last gun other than what is on my hip. That happens about once every 2 years fortunately.

The only time I’m really more than 3’ from a loaded gun is when I’m at the office. I try to avoid that as much as possible now days.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    :happybday:
    I want to wish our CZ Brother, the zen master, official photographer of socks & guns, ginseng tea guru, pimpdaddy of "Blue", Brutus, & polyester leisure suits; and just one of the best friends a person could have. & he can even sing and play guitar folks! Truly a genuine and good man, MM a very Happy Birthday!!

:happybday:

Thanks for such a nice intro to my birthday, my good friend. Much appreciated ! :chest:

And thanks to all of you who jumped-on with your birthday wishes. It truly warmed my old heart.
    I feel lucky to have found this group of special people. :)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That EE Clark holster I found showed up today, excellent condition, fits this S&W 1903 very well. It's not a model I have so to a collector, that's a plus.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I'm a little curious about TT being armed in the shower, but I'm not that curious, I just accept it and move on. :)

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Nice work, CM! You sure do turn out some fine pistols. No matter how I word this it's such an understatement!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    attachment.php

You made this card yourself, didn't you TT ? ..... you clever fellow you ! :):

MGQdu61.jpg

That looks great, mouse ..... and I bet that it shoots like a dream ! :rockwoot:

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Happy Birthday MM.

You are the second person I have wished Happy Birthday today.

CM that is a nice 1911 in the classifieds, and the other one in the thread is very nice looking too.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have the young ones so relaxed around firearms they do not even give them a second look. They sit at the bench with me when I am fitting up a 1911 or assembling an AR. They hand me tools. They have their own tools. We do not leave guns randomly out but occasionally my EDC will be on my desk. They pay it zero attention. 2nd nature to them. There are a few strategically located out of reach/view. Even a long gun.

Granted if anyone else outside that group is in the house we make sure everything is out of sight.

If you own guns and have kids education is the key.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Happy Birthday MM.

You are the second person I have wished Happy Birthday today.

CM that is a nice 1911 in the classifieds, and the other one in the thread is very nice looking too.

This is what both of them looked like earlier today.
    I figured the comp on the loaded would be an issue selling it so I fit the original barrel back into it.
    The comp Clark barrel is fit up in the ATP special now.

s8KCOR5.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Ive taught my kids gun safety and not to touch guns without my permission. But I still don't trust them for one second with my back turned with a gun. Nope.
    Because when I was a kid the first chance I got to find and play with my dads guns, I did it. Hell yeah. They were awesomeness:rockwoot:guns woot woot!!

I wont tell other what to do, but I wont even leave one of mine empty even on the kitchen counter and go to the bathroom even if my kids are in the living room. I just cant do it.

Just the thought of the consequences of me making a bad choice and them suffering like that just wrecks me. I can't even imagine. It would take the last of what soul i have left

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom