• ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I'm kinda in a bad mood. I might not say nice things.

Here's my excuse. Was driving down the highway ignoring my wife as she talked about...idunno...maybe flowers...whatever. So then she apparently says, hey, you want to stop at Graeter's and get shakes? I didn't hear it and it kinda pissed her off when I didn't replay and missed the turn. I said, I didn't hear you say anything about Graeters. That did not help my case. But now that bridge is closed, because I didn't hear it the first time. No Greaters. She's pissed. I'm pissed.
    I hate it when that happens... no going back! Just hope it doesn't stay on your "permanent" record, lol!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Maybe the reason is that there is no great centralized "TPTB" and the demographic of bud light is easily manipulable lowIQANONs looking for the next group to hate.

I mean, unless you have insider info you're willing to share about "TPTB".
    Who, little ol' me? I'm too easily manipulable and low IQ to have any insider info. Those uncoordinated, unaligned high IQ types don't have much use for me, I don't mold well.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    In terms of business decisions, Bud Light should have picked a lane. It may be too late now. When conservatives started boycotting, they should have just said, we’re a woke beer company, our clientele is now woke people and and if you don’t like that don’t buy our beer. Instead they tried to appease both sides. This country is beyond polite disagreements about politics. Unfortunate that a company can’t be non-political. ESG will probably destroy society.
    I'm interested in the environment which has convinced major corporations that the only way forward is through significant political investment. Not just financial, what is making these billion dollar behemoths step outside of what has worked consistently for decades? Are the (likely mostly senior) executives honestly so committed to these politics that they're apparently willing to throw caution to the wind or are they being made to feel obligated to do so?

Doesn't make sense to me.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm kinda in a bad mood. I might not say nice things.

Here's my excuse. Was driving down the highway ignoring my wife as she talked about...idunno...maybe flowers...whatever. So then she apparently says, hey, you want to stop at Graeter's and get shakes? I didn't hear it and it kinda pissed her off when I didn't replay and missed the turn. I said, I didn't hear you say anything about Graeters. That did not help my case. But now that bridge is closed, because I didn't hear it the first time. No Greaters. She's pissed. I'm pissed.

Well, at least you'll get to hear about it when you play "remember when" for the next...mortal lifespan or so.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm interested in the environment which has convinced major corporations that the only way forward is through significant political investment. Not just financial, what is making these billion dollar behemoths step outside of what has worked consistently for decades? Are the (likely mostly senior) executives honestly so committed to these politics that they're apparently willing to throw caution to the wind or are they being made to feel obligated to do so?

ESG.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I'd argue those mush brained students that have been brainwashed by liberal public school teachers and profs have finally reached positions of power to finally implement the garbage they've been taught all these years.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

They’re afraid, I think. I suspect most CEO’s quietly pine for the good ol’ days when they could just do business without having to deal with the fine line between the woke mob going after you because you’re not activist enough, or sane people boycott you for being political.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    They’re afraid, I think. I suspect most CEO’s quietly pine for the good ol’ days when they could just do business without having to deal with the fine line between the woke mob going after you because you’re not activist enough, or sane people boycott you for being political.
    I don't believe the pressure is coming from the woke mob demanding corporations take a stand, I think there's more to it. I could see a corporation folding to pressure but I haven't seen pressure come (and I'd think it would be publicized) prior to a corporation taking a stand of some kind. I haven't seen the leftists target corporations at random and just start raised hell with them. Maybe it's happening and I'm unaware, I don't pay much attention these days.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't believe the pressure is coming from the woke mob demanding corporations take a stand, I think there's more to it. I could see a corporation folding to pressure but I haven't seen pressure come (and I'd think it would be publicized) prior to a corporation taking a stand of some kind. I haven't seen the leftists target corporations at random and just start raised hell with them. Maybe it's happening and I'm unaware, I don't pay much attention these days.
    No. The woke mob just participates in the enforcement. There’s a whole industry created around ESG ratings. This is stakeholder capitalism. I don’t know where we all were while this apparatus was built out. But here we are, all of a sudden in 2023, and most of the major corporations have a department devoted to getting their ESG scores up.

Of course the topic at hand falls into the S pillar of ESG. We missed the boat. Stakeholder capitalism is effectively here.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No. The woke mob just participates in the enforcement. There’s a whole industry created around ESG ratings. This is stakeholder capitalism. I don’t know where we all were while this apparatus was built out. But here we are, all of a sudden in 2023, and most of the major corporations have a department devoted to getting their ESG scores up.

Of course the topic at hand falls into the S pillar of ESG. We missed the boat. Stakeholder capitalism is effectively here.
    I’m guessing the people that were ringing the alarm were dismissed as kooks and conspiracy theorists. Probably along with old nuggets like their business, their rules and if you don’t like it, do business elsewhere.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

I think the HR departments are where that :poop: started in a lot of corporations. I doubt my company cares about their ESG score. It is privately owned and carries no debt. They still push some woke :poop: though. It generally comes out of HR.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Corporations figure the upcoming generations are at the point of inheriting the majority of the cash flow.
    And they want a piece of the pie.

Top Bottom