The 2017 General Salma Hayek discussion thread...Part 3!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Anyone want to explain this to me? Why was this guy nominated?

[video=youtube;Hs0z2Ef-aEE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs0z2Ef-aEE[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Money laundering and had almost 400 illegals working for the business? Not that I have an issue with the commutation, but I do gotta ask "why?" What makes this one stand out above others? That's something I never understood about pardons/commutations. Do they use pick names out of hats?

Maybe it’s quid pro quo, maybe someone asks a favor. I tend not to like commutations unless there’s evidence of innocence that obstinate courts refuse to hear.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    25446065_10212669230738202_1969872008040045912_n.jpg

I am conflicted...On one hand "Messenger of God" and on the other hand....

"Nice...."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have been assured repeatedly that he is one of the "Best People", duh. Shame on you for not being able to see what makes people the "best".

I felt bad for that guy, at first, but then I didn't after I recognized that this guy understood he was unqualified, but expected to breeze through to a court. A damn federal court. C&B saves us again.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    As someone who spends a couple days a week in a variety of trial courts, I firmly believe that in order to be a trial judge you have to have solid working experience with how the system works. A trial judge makes vastly more procedural decisions then he does substantive ones, and unlike substantive decisions they often have to be made immediately. I don't care who nominates them, I am opposed to any one becoming a trial judge who doesn't have a firm understanding of how to try a case.

I have seen a few folks sit as trial court judges who did not have actual trial experience/qualifications. I would rather not do that again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom