• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R.C.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Danville, IN
    How dumb, how tone-deaf can someone be? He may have just cost himself reelection. How in the world does someone leave his post in the middle of a natural disaster, particularly for Mexico? His apologies don’t really ring true to my ears. He got busted. And he probably should have.
    To a great extent I agree with you. Then I read on to others piling on. All I can say is he made a mistake. Treat him like one of your children, chew him out,--- but disowning him is a little harsh. There is no bigger supporter of the second amendment and the values this group espouses, Calling him dumb and stupid, which is obviously not true, gets one nowhere. Calling him a self serving politician is not seemly when in fact most of us conduct our actions according to what is in our own interests. A US senator represents a state mainly with respect to formulating legislation and could do little with respect to emergency management. Politicians that try in order to get their photos in the paper are the "Phonies". Anyone piling on, gentlemen, may be helping to elect a replacement , who with the changing demographics in Texas could be an anti-gun liberal. When your child screws up and your idiot neighbors get all over him straighten his butt out, but tell his criticizers' you will handle it. You wouldn't sell him to the wolves.

AlVine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Owen Co.
    “Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more: it is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing.”

Cruz’s mistake was giving his critics a target for their faux outrage.

cath8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    MILTON
    Well, Donald Sr. never really identified as a republican b4 he ran for office. And I don't believe that most of us are monlithically one party or the other.. We each have a set of ideas and beliefs that we run our lives with.
    Be kind to others until it's time to not be.
    God is real and present so behave. He's watching.
    Protect the land.
    Defend the defenseless.
    Don't spit in front of women nor children.

You know. Stuff like that.

God is present so behave, he's watching. He watches women get raped every day and does nothing about it, but YOU better behave. And be kind to others, until it's time not to be...but be aware, God is watching you so you better hope that when you decide it's not time to be, it's within his approval.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    “Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more: it is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing.”

Cruz’s mistake was giving his critics a target for their faux outrage.
    Internet points for the Shakespeare reference!

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    God is present so behave, he's watching. He watches women get raped every day and does nothing about it, but YOU better behave. And be kind to others, until it's time not to be...but be aware, God is watching you so you better hope that when you decide it's not time to be, it's within his approval.
    Uh. What? Do you think God is going to interfere with free will? What would be the purpose in hell if he stopped everyone committing evil acts?

Anyway. There’s a thread for this if you want. Otherwise, not really the place.

sstark39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2017
    Seymour
    How dumb, how tone-deaf can someone be? He may have just cost himself reelection. How in the world does someone leave his post in the middle of a natural disaster, particularly for Mexico? His apologies don’t really ring true to my ears. He got busted. And he probably should have.

sstark39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2017
    Seymour
    Internet points for the Shakespeare reference!
    Really? What if it were your family? Maybe, just maybe he made a mistake. Don’t be so quick to judge. What would you have done? He protected his family. But he came back while they stayed. Why? We’ll never know. But I see him in DC working for me. Don’t be so blind.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Really? What if it were your family? Maybe, just maybe he made a mistake. Don’t be so quick to judge. What would you have done? He protected his family. But he came back while they stayed. Why? We’ll never know. But I see him in DC working for me. Don’t be so blind.
    What if you read what we have said before commenting on it?

Dakota

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Hagerstown
    What the heck could he have done if he stayed home in Texas? Even if he stayed in Cancun for a few days, what difference does it make? I've been to Cancun more than once and it was one of the cheapest vacations we ever took in the dead of winter and he was going from Texas. He and his family don't have to give up their entire personal life just because they're politicians. I have issues with a lot of politicians but what he did doesn't seem to be something to complain about.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    What the heck could he have done if he stayed home in Texas? Even if he stayed in Cancun for a few days, what difference does it make? I've been to Cancun more than once and it was one of the cheapest vacations we ever took in the dead of winter and he was going from Texas. He and his family don't have to give up their entire personal life just because they're politicians. I have issues with a lot of politicians but what he did doesn't seem to be something to complain about.
    Again, there isn't anything objectively wrong with it aside from that he should have known what his political opponents would do with such an opportunity and not handed them the stick to beat him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Uh. What? Do you think God is going to interfere with free will? What would be the purpose in hell if he stopped everyone committing evil acts?

Anyway. There’s a thread for this if you want. Otherwise, not really the place.
    Oh Hell yeah, says the Calvinist AND the determinist. Who's the sovereign in the house anyway? Calvinist: There is no free will. Atheist determinist: There is no free will.

Top Bottom