• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I may be wrong but I doubt if this was her idea or effort. A well financed secret admirer could have slid her an envelope and whispered in her ear.

Sad when you no longer just accept an offer as genuine and start to look for the puppet master behind the curtain isn't it?
    AOC has had a puppet master since her first campaign.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    He was photographed handing out disaster aid supplies. Oh brother. I'll repeat what I said on FB.

"Unless you are already a member of a civic group or first responder group that is scheduled to do volunteer work, just stay home. Nobody needs to see ANY politician out there acting like they care and are useful."

I'm sick and tired of politicians showing up at these things, glad handing, putting in an hour or two of work for the cameras, then acting like its something they do all the time. You want to show us you care? Show up to these regularly and work full shifts. Multiple full shifts like the rest of the volunteers. Dont just show up, break a sweat and then go home "because you have other pressing things to attend to, but wanted to do what you could to help out." :rolleyes:

Jimmy Carter? I'll give that guy a pass because thats what he does. He was a lousy president, but he's a good humanitarian.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I have not read the entire thread, but as someone who lives in Texas and did not have electricity, the general consensus around my neighborhood is let us worry about our Senator and how appalled or not appalled we are. That sounds like I'm calling out people on this forum, and I'm really not. The media picking their sound bites for this is BS, though.

I personally think he was and continues to be tone-deaf, like almost all politicians. Do I think he could have actually done something if he was here? NO. Do I think it demonstrates how of touch he is? YES. Do I think it is a little similar to a person from California who went to the beauty salon while the rest of her state was on lock-down? Sort of.

five5toad

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Greater Indy Metro
    I would not. I don't expect Todd Young to come to my home and give me a generator and 100 gallons of fuel to get by or see him working with linemen getting electric back on.

Maybe you expect that out of politicians but I do not.
    You know damn well that was a cowardly and self-serving act. He was on the clock and will be until elected out or retirement. If your constituents are in trouble, I don't care if you stand around doing nothing but giving speeches... you stick around. Constituents pay politicians' salaries. At least act like you give a damn.

Apologizing for conservative (or liberal) politicians JUST for party's sake is weak and ignorant.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    You know damn well that was a cowardly and self-serving act. He was on the clock and will be until elected out or retirement. If your constituents are in trouble, I don't care if you stand around doing nothing but giving speeches... you stick around. Constituents pay politicians' salaries. At least act like you give a damn.

Apologizing for conservative (or liberal) politicians JUST for party's sake is weak and ignorant.
    I don’t see it as a “for party’s sake” issue at all, and I think most on here would say the same.

Also, IBTL.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Perpetuating the media's distraction is just weak and ignorant...

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Account created in 2012
    Posted in 2017, 2014, 2013, 2012
    Are we starting to take guesses on who this shill account belongs to?
    I won't go that far, there's probably a lot of people that lurk and then something significant to them brings them out. I've said before the Ted Cruz thing is not a big deal to me, it's ginned up media controversy, I don't see it as any shirking of his responsibility.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    how about everyone calm down?

Geez.
    I average 20 posts a day.
    Yet I realize that some people read more than they post.

And "calling" someone something, can get people in trouble with the Mouse.
    And then everyone gets more angry.
    I will not calm down. You're not the boss of me. :tantrum:

Top Bottom