• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    I ordered one this morning. It was $360 shipped after tax. Not a deal but I've been trying to find a green one for a while.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Picked up one myself today at Premier Arms in Brownsburg. I had been trying to hold out for one without the manual safety, but they had the best price I had seen in a while on one that had just come in. They had one last weekend that went fast, so I figured when I saw they posted it up today I better act on it. Just field stripped and cleaned it. Hope to give it a go this weekend.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I received the replacement TX22 barrel today. Seems slightly better than the original except for a 1/4" section in the middle...

Interested to see a report after shooting it. Good to hear they are at least cooperative on the customer service side, too bad the barrels aren't better.

I finally got back out to the range with the TX-22 replacement barrel.

The original barrel leaded up badly in 150 rounds shooting Thunderbolts which I used figuring if anything would cause leading problems, these would and I wanted to know if I needed a replacement barrel after reading of others problems.

This time I skipped the Thunderbolts and put 150 rounds of Federal 36 gr copper washed rounds through with no leading, followed with 88 (turned out one box wasn't full) CCI SV, still no leading and finished off with another ~50 of the Federal copper washed. No leading and I have some trust in the barrel now.

Out of curiosity, at some point I will try the original barrel with copper washed bullets to see it they prevent its leading problem and try Thunderbolts in the replacement barrel to see it they will cause problems or not.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Revisiting this, as I recently purchased a TX22. Searching for additional mags now, searching by part number 358-0017-01. If anyone has good leads on good prices currently on additional mags, I'm interested.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Revisiting this, as I recently purchased a TX22. Searching for additional mags now, searching by part number 358-0017-01. If anyone has good leads on good prices currently on additional mags, I'm interested.

Ordered a couple additional from Academy. Will probably order more.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Yep, Academy was cheaper ($19.99) than both and free shipping for over $35 (I ordered 2). The Lanbo deal was close with the lower price per mag but plus shipping $.

Academy has already shipped yesterday soon after I ordered, wasn't sure about Lambo and how fast they would ship, etc.

Anyone find them for a better overall deal post it up. I also checked gun.deals . I'll be ordering a few more assuming I continue to like this gun.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    About 250 more rounds through it today. No issues and the 2 new mags ran well also (got them in like 2 days from Academy). Really liking this gun so far.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    About 250 more rounds through it today. No issues and the 2 new mags ran well also (got them in like 2 days from Academy). Really liking this gun so far.

Love mine too. On mine the inside of the slide’s finish was rough I guess it’s aluminum? I sprayed some eezox and it made it cycle really smooth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Love mine too. On mine the inside of the slide’s finish was rough I guess it’s aluminum? I sprayed some eezox and it made it cycle really smooth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, just think it took 1/2 that first trip to smooth some things out as between cheap 22 ammo and new gun there was definitely some grit after that first range trip (and I had field stripped and cleaned it before I went).

But seems all good now.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Shot mine today, actually the wife did most of the shooting. It's great for what I bought it for, getting the wife to shoot more.

beer leaguer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2020
    US
    Fwiw, I bought mine for my son and I to play with. With all the barrel issues I was a little worried. My serial ended up being a relatively early model so I was really worried. But, no issues so far. A few ammo related issues but that's it. Super fun. I bought an extra three mags and no problems.

Top Bottom