• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Fwiw, I bought mine for my son and I to play with. With all the barrel issues I was a little worried. My serial ended up being a relatively early model so I was really worried. But, no issues so far. A few ammo related issues but that's it. Super fun. I bought an extra three mags and no problems.
    I have two of the early guns and Taurus replaced barrels on both FREE of charge.. Just a phone call with the Ser#. I was having an issue with one but not too much problem with the other. I don't have any desire to have one of their 9mm pistols but these have been great pistols and less ammo sensitive than any 22 I've owned. FMM the best 22 on the market.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Basic Pistol instructor[/FONT][FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach

beer leaguer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2020
    US
    I have two of the early guns and Taurus replaced barrels on both FREE of charge.. Just a phone call with the Ser#. I was having an issue with one but not too much problem with the other. I don't have any desire to have one of their 9mm pistols but these have been great pistols and less ammo sensitive than any 22 I've owned. FMM the best 22 on the market.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Basic Pistol instructor[/FONT][FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach
    I may call and get a barrel sent just in case. Can't hurt if it's free. Might take a while.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Where does one find the born date on a Taurus? Also, any drawbacks to registering the warranty online? Can't think of any but I haven't purchased a Taurus (except the TX-22) since the very early 90's when I bought my PT99.

Last edited:

beer leaguer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2020
    US
    Where does one find the born date on a Taurus? Also, any drawbacks to registering the warranty online? Can't think of any but I haven't purchased a Taurus since the very early 90's.
    I just went off the serial. Mine was low 200's. I registered just because of the barrel issues.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

My thoughts exactly. I shot mine quite a bit today and came away extremely impressed.

beer leaguer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2020
    US
    So much fun to shoot. I've had maybe two failure to ejects. Bought a bunch of different ammo types when they were $.04. Except for those two failures, the tx eats it all no problem.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Picked up a TX22 at the Tipton show today. The wife and I was driving home to SB from Indy, and decided to swing by. First time at Tipton, decent show, nice folks. Got it home, put my Ruger Silent suppressor on it, and loaded up the magazines. I will spend more time on it tomorrow, but the magazines, one more than the other, seem to have problems. The rounds won't strip off, they lay flat, not nose up. I loaded the magazine different ways, but same result. Not a great first impression, but there looks to be some fixes for it out there.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...I will spend more time on it tomorrow, but the magazines, one more than the other, seem to have problems. The rounds won't strip off, they lay flat, not nose up. I loaded the magazine different ways, but same result...

I didn't have any problem with the mags the first couple of times out. However, on the last outing the mags started doing what you describe. I found that if I gave a loaded mag a little up and down shake while still holding down on the follower the rounds would settle in and provide the correct nose up on the top bullet. I also seemed to have better luck loading 15 instead of 16 rounds.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    While shooting the heck out of it yesterday, I was lamenting the fact that it wasn't a 9mm. The grip is more ergonomic and points better for me than most handguns and is also more comfortable. Add that the stock trigger is pretty decent and I wish it was a 9mm as it would make a great carry gun. Well, aside from being a Taurus... ;)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I didn't have any problem with the mags the first couple of times out. However, on the last outing the mags started doing what you describe. I found that if I gave a loaded mag a little up and down shake while still holding down on the follower the rounds would settle in and provide the correct nose up on the top bullet. I also seemed to have better luck loading 15 instead of 16 rounds.

I've been loading 15 in mine out of habit. Haven't noticed any issues with mags as yet, though I have been giving them a tap on shooting table/bench after loading them. I do the same with my 15-22, my AA kit mags as well as my M&P 22 mags. For me it's part of the nuance of a rimmed case in a semi auto mag.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I re-engineered all my mags with a small radius before I realized what was actually going on with the mags. Notice that the back of the rounds stagger slightly in the mag much like the M&P compact mags but not as drastically. Loading only 15 in the mag will usually solve the problem OR when you get 13 or 14 in the mag fully compress the follower spring and shake the mag a little. That will allow the rounds to stagger properly if they haven't and it will work fine with 16. The radius solved the problem but it's not necessary if the all the rounds are staggered as they should be.
    Disclaimer, when working with a Dremel have some idea of WHAT you are trying to accomplish. Taking material out is easy, but putting it back not so much.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / Basic pistol instructor/ RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

rtZeVow.jpg

beer leaguer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2020
    US
    I re-engineered all my mags with a small radius before I realized what was actually going on with the mags. Notice that the back of the rounds stagger slightly in the mag much like the M&P compact mags but not as drastically. Loading only 15 in the mag will usually solve the problem OR when you get 13 or 14 in the mag fully compress the follower spring and shake the mag a little. That will allow the rounds to stagger properly if they haven't and it will work fine with 16. The radius solved the problem but it's not necessary if the all the rounds are staggered as they should be.
    Disclaimer, when working with a Dremel have some idea of WHAT you are trying to accomplish. Taking material out is easy, but putting it back not so much.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / Basic pistol instructor/ RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

rtZeVow.jpg
    Thanks for the write-up. So far my stock and purchased mags are working ok in mine. I've heard these need to be loaded with a little care.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I have six mags for mine and no trouble. I load them by pushing each round into the mag, just like loading a mag for a larger caliber. I don't even use the the tabs. I have my wife practice this way on the .22 since it's so close to the technique used on the bigger mags.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Took mine to the range this week, and left very pleased. Ran a couple hundred rounds through it with one failure to chamber. Ran it with and without my suppressor, and rapid fire. Impressive and fun to shoot. Picked up the one extra magazine the store had when I left. They mentioned that they were very pleased with their range TX22, had no issues with it.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Picked one up a few weeks ago, after checking the barrel. Fit my hand really well and I've been kinda looking for a 22 plinker pistol so thought why not. Took it out for a little fam fire, nothing too serious. Ran perfect, trigger is actually pretty good for the price. IIRC fired about 50 rounds altogether. While I wasn't really trying the hardest to make small groups, it definitely had a tendency to put the holes close together. Pic below is the first 10 shots, from about 12 or so yards.
    ZvC1NzM.jpg

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    Just picked up a Vortex Venom for mine. Just waiting for Galloway Precision to get the mounting plate back in stock.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I get emails from Taurus and sometimes they have deals to buy extra mags cheaper usually packaged with something else. I got 2 mags and a free holster shipped to me for around $50 from Taurus USA.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I saw that deal, too bad it wasn't an OWB holster as I see little need to IWB a 22LR.

I get emails from Taurus and sometimes they have deals to buy extra mags cheaper usually packaged with something else. I got 2 mags and a free holster shipped to me for around $50 from Taurus USA.

Top Bottom