Dont forget the moat with the angry sharks toting "lasers."

Prepare-the-Laser.jpg

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    If I heard Obama correctly this past Friday, he stated that ISIS was 'contained'...which means that their homeland is now 'safe' and they can go back already!

Typically, during 'migrations' for safety reasons, isn't it the local countries 'next door' who open their borders and allow refugees in until the crisis is over?

If that is the case, why are they working so hard to relocate so many, to so many different countries around the globe?

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    If I heard Obama correctly this past Friday, he stated that ISIS was 'contained'...which means that their homeland is now 'safe' and they can go back already!

Typically, during 'migrations' for safety reasons, isn't it the local countries 'next door' who open their borders and allow refugees in until the crisis is over?

If that is the case, why are they working so hard to relocate so many, to so many different countries around the globe?

I believe the containment comment was in regards to them being isolated, and not branching out in the local area further. 'spreading' is certainly debatable, but contained wasn't meant to be thought of as 'fixed'

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I believe the containment comment was in regards to them being isolated, and not branching out in the local area further. 'spreading' is certainly debatable, but contained wasn't meant to be thought of as 'fixed'

Ah...but this is politics. If a "Mission Accomplished" banner can mean something it's not, fair is fair, contained means what his political opponents can make it mean. ;)

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I'm mixed on the issue. Big surprise there.

I wouldn't be willing to put a potential terrorist up in my home... and even if safeguards were still in place to prevent terrorists from entering the country, I'd still be as leery and prefer to avoid doing so as much as I'd avoid walking down a dark alley at 2am, when I could instead choose a potentially safer path (albeit longer) around the block in a well lit environment.

Still... I can't ignore the past... Patriot act and NSA after 9/11, Japanese internment camps, McCarthy Hearings, and 'turning away' Jewish refugees during WWII. Hindsight is 20/20 though. I'm mixed on what sort of hindsight we may have re: Syrian refugees 20 years from now. Past refugees were escaping conditions where the oppressors were interested in controlling their environment, and not necessarily spreading their intentions and evil amongst the rest of the world such as ISIS and other enemies do today.

But I've seen news clips of refugees complaining about living conditions being poor in that they prefer less sugar in their foods and faster internet and other such nonsense. Happiness equates to having a smart phone vs an old flip phone. Some threaten to go back to Syria as some form of 'punishment'. It makes me question how bad it is in Syria with threats such as the above. Couple that with the thought that if things were really bad, then why aren't the people doing something about it, rather than just flee... the Easy Button, it seems, is not limited to the United States.

Still... I cannot forget The New Colossus poem some may recognize.
    Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
    Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
    “Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
    With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

It's not meant to force my thoughts on anyone else... Just sharing what my mind is going through. Lot's for me to think about.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm mixed on the issue. Big surprise there.

I wouldn't be willing to put a potential terrorist up in my home... and even if safeguards were still in place to prevent terrorists from entering the country, I'd still be as leery and prefer to avoid doing so as much as I'd avoid walking down a dark alley at 2am, when I could instead choose a potentially safer path (albeit longer) around the block in a well lit environment.

Still... I can't ignore the past... Patriot act and NSA after 9/11, Japanese internment camps, McCarthy Hearings, and 'turning away' Jewish refugees during WWII. Hindsight is 20/20 though. I'm mixed on what sort of hindsight we may have re: Syrian refugees 20 years from now. Past refugees were escaping conditions where the oppressors were interested in controlling their environment, and not necessarily spreading their intentions and evil amongst the rest of the world such as ISIS and other enemies do today.

But I've seen news clips of refugees complaining about living conditions being poor in that they prefer less sugar in their foods and faster internet and other such nonsense. Happiness equates to having a smart phone vs an old flip phone. Some threaten to go back to Syria as some form of 'punishment'. It makes me question how bad it is in Syria with threats such as the above. Couple that with the thought that if things were really bad, then why aren't the people doing something about it, rather than just flee... the Easy Button, it seems, is not limited to the United States.

Still... I cannot forget The New Colossus poem some may recognize.

It's not meant to force my thoughts on anyone else... Just sharing what my mind is going through. Lot's for me to think about.

There are people being persecuted over there. The Christian population is being exterminated, as one example. There are legitimate people that ought to be considered refugees. But there's a reason many of the Gulf states aren't opening their borders for these fleeing muslims. They know what we're getting. Having said that, I contend we must not harden our hearts to all of them just because politicians are manipulating us for some political reason.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    The biggest problems for this whole Syrian refugee deal are

#1. Who's gonna be responsible for differentiate the real refugees and ISIS?
    #2. Even the real refugees don't have a problem with the Americans got hurt.

Nobody knows who's coming through the door, because there isn't any reliable system to check who they are and what they want to do here.

they grow up being taught "Death to the Americans, Death to the Jews".

Top Bottom