• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 09jjtierney

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Brian's army surplus in between kokomo and green town is great place . as well as a great selection at traildust in Bloomington area and four guns in Lafayette has great prices on guns and some selection on other prep items. Gun wise I normally prefer bullseye in Kokomo. Great staff and good selection. Always treated right and willing to make great deals.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Brian's army surplus in between kokomo and green town is great place . as well as a great selection at traildust in Bloomington area and four guns in Lafayette has great prices on guns and some selection on other prep items. Gun wise I normally prefer bullseye in Kokomo. Great staff and good selection. Always treated right and willing to make great deals.

IMO Bryan's Surplus is WAY over priced, especially ammo.. I about :poop: my pants when i saw his prices.

09jjtierney

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Good to know. Have to be honest haven't been to Brian's in long long time. Just remember it seeming good years back and have a buddy that always talked highly of him. Thats what i get for assuming , sorry everyone. Lately been doing most surplus shopping at traildust. Certain items over priced but overall decent and good selection. Anyone know of any more close to Kokomo area?

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    It's so sad. So many of the good old surplus stores have went under. There used to be a good one in downtown LaPorte and a great one here in North Webster. The one in the LaPorte; the owner's health forced him to close. The one in Webster, he was a WW2 tanker....pushing up daisies now :patriot:.... the internet has closed several others.... I miss the good ole days.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    What ever happened to the relocated Fetla's from Valparaiso, Indiana?
    I heard they moved out by La Porte, but never ventured out that a ways.
    Seems like they closed.
    They actually opened a small store named Fetlas in Knox after the Valpo store closed. One of the partners. It got shut down something about the partnership in bankruptcy or foreclosure or something, anyway the one was moving iventory through the Knox store and they were visited by guys in suits. The lady that worked there said these guys walked in and closed the door and turned the sign to closed.
    The owner of the Knox store said it was pure and simple economics. They weren't making enough to keep it open. Taxes, insurance and once TSC moved to the other side of Valpo, their walk in traffic dropped to nil.

pearlman1966

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Not in Indiana but, I was in Louisville today and heard an ad on the radio Gold Nugget Army Surplus in Radcliff, Ky. is going out of business and everything is 30% off.

https://www.goldnuggetsurplus.com

ETA. Online orders 30% off with $50.00 purchase
    30% everything for walk in sales.
    Coupon code Retirement

Last edited:
    Top Bottom