5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Indianapolis Military Surplus
    8250 E Washington St,
    Indianapolis, Indiana 46219
    317-672-3190
    www.indianapolismilitarysurplus.com

Stopped by here after work today.
    Clean, well lit building. Everything organized neatly. Prices are decent. Large selection of medical supplies. Wise Food dealer.
    Well worth the time to stop by.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    8250 E Washington St,
    317-672-3190

Clean, well lit building. Everything organized neatly. Prices are decent. Large selection of medical supplies. Wise Food dealer.
    Well worth the time to stop by.

I stopped by today. This is a really nice store. It is a nice mix of new (not all milsurp) and surplus stuff. The prices are really good.

outdoorguy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Carmel
    Indianpolis Army Navy
    6032 E. 21st Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46219
    317-356-0858
    http://www.indyarmynavy.com

This store has been around since the 50's, my Dad used to go to it as a kid, and i recently stopped in to see it again. They had redone it and added a ton of new product lines, including camping gear that I didn't expect them to have. It seemed the prices were pretty competitive with the big box stores on the camping gear. Not sure about the other products, but they seemed reasonable. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the backpacking which was a help as I am heading out on a trip next week.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Indianpolis Army Navy
    6032 E. 21st Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46219
    317-356-0858

This store has been around since the 50's, my Dad used to go to it as a kid, and i recently stopped in to see it again. They had redone it and added a ton of new product lines, including camping gear that I didn't expect them to have. It seemed the prices were pretty competitive with the big box stores on the camping gear. Not sure about the other products, but they seemed reasonable. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the backpacking which was a help as I am heading out on a trip next week.
    this place is a rip off! Save yourself a trip and buy online or on ingo and save gas and money.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    this place is a rip off! Save yourself a trip and buy online or on ingo and save gas and money.

Could you elaborate a bit? You are giving a lot of negative here. I am not saying you are wrong, just what have you experienced? Is it Popguns you are not happy with more than the surplus store or what? Thanks!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Could you elaborate a bit? You are giving a lot of negative here. I am not saying you are wrong, just what have you experienced? Is it Popguns you are not happy with more than the surplus store or what? Thanks!
    Yes pop guns is the problem. I don't really need to elaborate. Most serious gun guys know to avoid pops. It's been discussed here a lot.

pearlman1966

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Buying online will save you money. I won't overpay nor compromise my integrity by supporting ass hats.
    if I need some surplus items I'll hit up INGO member indyjohn and he has great prices. Savings is just a pm away, and I suggest others talk to him! Great guy too!
    Good for you.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    INGO FACT TIME

Ok. I've had enough sitting quietly. It's INGO fact time.

TT's got it right. "The heady days of Sputnik and Yuri Gagarin when the world trembled at the sound of our rockets" is long gone. If you want to experience the romance of exploring the Army surplus stores, go ahead. Just know you will overpay every time you step inside the door.

TT deals in surplus all the time and has for years, much longer than me. Before I started selling packs & other surplus, I did some secret shopping. See what I found below.

8250 E Washington St,
    317-672-3190
    Clean, well lit building. Everything organized neatly. Prices are decent. Large selection of medical supplies. Wise Food dealer.Well worth the time to stop by.

No, the prices are not decent.

I stopped by today. This is a really nice store. It is a nice mix of new (not all milsurp) and surplus stuff. The prices are really good.

No, really, they are not.

Example 1: Poncho Liners
    IMG_20131024_171950_697_zpsde3b3dad.jpg

My INGO classified ad
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...43614-us-army-poncho-liner-woodland-camo.html

Example 2: US Army MOLLE II Ruck complete with 2 pouches
    Indianapolis Military Surplus (yes, it's a bad pic, zoom in and the price is $94.95)
    IMG_20131024_171704_216_zps0baa5bb0.jpg

My INGO Classified
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...s-army-molle-ii-large-rucksack-2-pouches.html

Is this the place that's owned by pops guns? I'd rather overpay for my surplus needs.
    He's being snarky here.

Indianpolis Army Navy
    6032 E. 21st Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46219
    317-356-0858
    Yes, it has been around for a long time. It is a big store and they do have a lot of stuff. But OMG they are high.

Example 3: USMC ILBE Gen 1 Assault Pack
    Indy Army Navy
    IMG_20131024_165452_781_zpsbc0499db.jpg

My INGO Classified (couldn't get enough of them, sold out every time)
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...04150-u-s-m-c-ilbe-generation-1-day-pack.html

Example 4: USMC ILBE Gen 2 Main Pack
    Indy Army Navy
    IMG_20131024_164801_437_zps215ab047.jpg

My INGO Classified (in better condition)
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/non-firearms-related/343617-usmc-ilbe-gen-2-rucksack.html

Example 5:USMC Hydration system
    Indy Army Navy (the bladder is used)
    IMG_20131024_165212_612_zps276c7c57.jpg

Mine (new bladder)
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...343620-usmc-tactical-3l-hydration-system.html

Still being snarky, but he's right.

As I pointed out at the top, TT has been in this biz on a smaller scale for a long time. He knows the business. He and I don't have the overhead of the building, payroll, insurance. But we have access to the same government outlets as the big guys.

Feel free to overpay.

Now you're being snarky

Yes pop guns is the problem. I don't really need to elaborate. Most serious gun guys know to avoid pops. It's been discussed here a lot.

True again. Lots of talk about them and other similar operations.

Buying online will save you money. I won't overpay nor compromise my integrity by supporting ass hats. if I need some surplus items I'll hit up INGO member indyjohn and he has great prices. Savings is just a pm away, and I suggest others talk to him! Great guy too!

He's just being nice here.

Good for you.

Again with the snark.

So, small operations can get you the same or better quality product with better customer service (check my iTrader ratings) for much less. Oh, and my price is my price. I don't add sales tax on top.

Cheers!

Last edited:

pearlman1966

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010

TT's got it right. "The heady days of Sputnik and Yuri Gagarin when the world trembled at the sound of our rockets" is long gone. If you want to experience the romance of exploring the Army surplus stores, go ahead. Just know you will overpay every time you step inside the door.

TT deals in surplus all the time and has for years, much longer than me. Before I started selling packs & other surplus, I did some secret shopping. See what I found below.

My INGO classified ad
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...43614-us-army-poncho-liner-woodland-camo.html

Indianapolis Military Surplus (yes, it's a bad pic, zoom in and the price is $94.95)

My INGO Classified
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...s-army-molle-ii-large-rucksack-2-pouches.html

He's being snarky here.

Yes, it has been around for a long time. It is a big store and they do have a lot of stuff. But OMG they are high.

Indy Army Navy

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...04150-u-s-m-c-ilbe-generation-1-day-pack.html

Indy Army Navy

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/non-firearms-related/343617-usmc-ilbe-gen-2-rucksack.html

Mine (new bladder)
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...343620-usmc-tactical-3l-hydration-system.html

As I pointed out at the top, TT has been in this biz on a smaller scale for a long time. He knows the business. He and I don't have the overhead of the building, payroll, insurance. But we have access to the same government outlets as the big guys.

Now you're being snarky

Again with the snark.

So, small operations can get you the same or better quality product with better customer service (check my iTrader ratings) for much less. Oh, and my price is my price. I don't add sales tax on top.

Cheers![/QUOTE

Can we expect the same as this for all brick surplus stores ? Or do you only have a hard on for Indianapolis Military Surplus ?

outdoorguy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Carmel
    It was the big Marine main pack that was in the picture for $199.99 that I bought for my backpacking trip from Indianapolis Army Navy. It was brand new and I looked it up online while in the store, and showed them I could get it brand new for around $100 on Ebay plus shipping. They lowered the price to $120 for me to make it more competitive, and I was happy to purchase it at that. I prefer to shop local if I can and they were very friendly and weren't offended that I asked. All they wanted was proof so when I pulled it up on my phone they worked with me. I will definitely go back when I need more supplies.

My INGO classified ad

My INGO Classified

He's being snarky here.

Indy Army Navy

Indy Army Navy

Mine (new bladder)

Now you're being snarky

Again with the snark.

Cheers![/QUOTE

Can we expect the same as this for all brick surplus stores ? Or do you only have a hard on for Indianapolis Military Surplus ?

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees

I am simply presenting factual evidence of what I have found in the Indy area. I chose two stores as a representative sample of the many I have visited, but yes, it is typical for all in my experience.

No, I don't have a hard on only for your buddy's store or your employer (whichever the case may be), I also compared prices at Indy Army Navy in my post. I am happy for outdoorguy1 that got a deal simply by asking & showing an online price. Most people won't ask, they will either pay what the tag says or walk out. But you have to be careful with the onlines as they sometimes hit you with rediculous shipping costs.

Back to the point, Army Surplus stores are not always the best place for the lowest price.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Are there any Surplus Stores up north - like in the Mishawaka area? :dunno:

I'm in need of some Fatigues.....
    and whatever else I don't need that catches my eye.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I am simply presenting factual evidence of what I have found in the Indy area. I chose two stores as a representative sample of the many I have visited, but yes, it is typical for all in my experience.

No, I don't have a hard on only for your buddy's store or your employer (whichever the case may be), I also compared prices at Indy Army Navy in my post. I am happy for outdoorguy1 that got a deal simply by asking & showing an online price. Most people won't ask, they will either pay what the tag says or walk out. But you have to be careful with the onlines as they sometimes hit you with rediculous shipping costs.

Back to the point, Army Surplus stores are not always the best place for the lowest price.

I agree with you here. Back when Mike started the Survival gear @ Pop's guns I gave him some tips for gear packages. When I saw the prices I said something but I guess Carol or Carolyn (can't remember her name) had already put her foot into everything. For as long as he was there I always dealt with Mike personally, can't say I've been back since the change over. Forgive me if my names are off, it's been at least 10 years.

Been to the one in Broad Ripple years ago but they moved or I can't find them

Brooks @ the corner of 54th and College closed back before this thread was listed. I'm not surprised either, the last time I was in there they wanted $10 for boot laces. There was also a hippy ?working? there bragging to his friend about posing as a Vet.

Top Bottom