• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Im looking at getting a subcompact/pocket pistol for awhile. Since I got my glock 19, ive had an urge to get another (pistols are apparently like tattoos and potato chips).

I have no problem hiding my glock 19, I wear a slightly larger tshirt and a light jacket. However, it would be nice to wear smaller t shirts and not have to worry about my gun printing. I like cc and oc, I just would like to go to a friends house and not have everyone staring or asking about my gun... most of my friends are real cool, most carry, but we cant all be logical american citizens.

Im 135lbs, probably 5-9. Ive looked at pictures and it seems like most man sized men have no problem hiding a compact. On me, however, you can see either the part behind the rear sights or the end of the grip pretty easily (depending on the cant I use with my crossbreed.)

Anyway, im having a hard time picking between brands/size/caliber.

I have a glock 19.

I would consider any of the following...

g26 (19 mag compatible, cheaper ammo, im good with 9mm, etc.)

g27 (I dont really like the .40 but I have about 100 rounds experience with it. Id like to think if I get more practice then the recoil wont affect me. However, being a sub, I would think it would be better to stick with 9 than .40... but .40s come highly rated... kind of a 9mm vs .40)

g36 I WISH they made a higher capacity .45 but without the ridiculous width of the g30... If it were 10 rounds AND thin this would be the one id get.

Xd sub compact 9mm/.40 in od green. Because I cant find a g26/27 in od green and I would like to own both so I can have some credibility in glock vs xd arguments LOL

keltec pf9 (or similar), Smaller than the previous guns. Good capacity, good ratings. The only things keeping me from this is the trigger and the fact that I dont trust this as a primary. Maybe a secondary, but I just dont get that warm fuzzy feeling thinking about keltec (no offense to anyone that loves them)

ruger lcp, I have no experience with .380, id like to not go below 9mm but it is a sweet super tiny gun.

Ruger lcr, I wouldnt mind getting a revolver in addition to my other guns. Im just not a big revolver guy. This would be last on my list, but still a possibility. My biggest problem with this is capacity. I can bring magazines with me, I dont want to carry speed loaders....

Im trying to stay as close to $500 as I can give or take. I would LOVE to get a kimber ultra carry II .45 or a usp .45 but I cant afford it. If anyone knows of a good capacity small affordable .45 let me know.

Any suggestions on what I listed or suggestions of your own would be greatly appreciated! THANKS! :draw:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You may not be interested for some reason, but I would also look into Kahr CW. It's a very lightweight handgun and is available in 9mm, .40, and .45. It is also in your price range. I do not personally own one, but I have been considering one for a while.

Lance_M

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    indianapolis
    I'm an xd guy. The subcompact is super small and would work i think, if you don't want printing with a smaller shirt. I carry the xd40 with the 4 in. barrel and have no problems and it sounds like i'm your similar build.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The G26 would be nice since you have the G19 already but they have the same thickness so I dont know if that you be really much easier to conceal.
    The PF9 is very slim and much easier to conceal.
    If I were you I would stick to the 9mm.

glockman23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indy
    You may not be interested for some reason, but I would also look into Kahr CW. It's a very lightweight handgun and is available in 9mm, .40, and .45. It is also in your price range. I do not personally own one, but I have been considering one for a while.

I agree, if you dont go with the 26 then you should check out the kahr cw. Nice reliable gun for a fair price.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I would go with the G26 (which is what I did :D). They are very easy to CC and it can share your G19 mags.

The Kahr suggestions is a good one also, I have a couple buddys that CC Kahrs (both are .45's) and they really like them. Very thin single stack guns.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I am really impressed with the Kahr PM9. Small and shares the same ammo as your G19.

If you go glock, go with the G26. Shares mags and ammo with the G19. But it will be a similar width.

My choice would be a snub nose smith 442/642, Taurus 850 or Ruger LCR. Hammerless revolvers make great pocket or ankle guns. To put it another way they are wonderful social guns. If you want more capacity carry your G19.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Awesome thanks for all the suggestions guys! I appreciate it.

Im still between the g26 g27 and XDsc 9, but with your replies it seems like the g27 would be the worst of the 3. Now its a decision between my beloved glocks and trying an xd. Im going to spend some time in a gun shop, see if i can get a buddy to let me use an xd, and ill go from there. Ill take a look at the kahrs as well, but I have no experience with those either.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom