Student loan 'Forgiveness",Too little to help anyone, just enough to make everyone angry

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    If I read the article correctly, the borrowers would still have to make 240-300 monthly payments in order to be eligible for loan forgiveness. Supposedly, this "corrects loan administration errors" that gypped borrowers out of credit for payments made. My guess is that therein are the details in which the devil resides.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    If I read the article correctly, the borrowers would still have to make 240-300 monthly payments in order to be eligible for loan forgiveness. Supposedly, this "corrects loan administration errors" that gypped borrowers out of credit for payments made. My guess is that therein are the details in which the devil resides.
    They're trying to get me to opt in to this. Not doing it. I'm almost done, and will finish paying legitimately.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just saw on the news that based on income, if you make $30K or less, your "repayment" will be $0. After 10 years of making your payments (even if $0), the balance will be forgiven.

First of all, if you have college loan debt and you're making $30K or less? WTF did you study you ****ing moron??? Did you really think there was that big of a demand for baskets woven under water?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Just saw on the news that based on income, if you make $30K or less, your "repayment" will be $0. After 10 years of making your payments (even if $0), the balance will be forgiven.

First of all, if you have college loan debt and you're making $30K or less? WTF did you study you ****ing moron??? Did you really think there was that big of a demand for baskets woven under water?
    Might not have finished. That is really bad though. Pretty much under $15 an hour full time

Top Bottom