Student loan 'Forgiveness",Too little to help anyone, just enough to make everyone angry

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan

$10,000 per.

Inflation not bad enough? Want a little help, but not enough to make a positive impact? Against "cancellation" in principle? This plan has something to make everyone disappointed. Can this administration do anything right?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

$10,000 per.

Inflation not bad enough? Want a little help, but not enough to make a positive impact? Against "cancellation" in principle? This plan has something to make everyone disappointed. Can this administration do anything right?
    More wealth redistribution to buy votes.

I'm in the final, few months of paying off my student loan. If this goes through, I'd better be able to decline it. I can only assume that loan forgiveness will have an impact on credit score (as it well should).

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    How does student loan forgiveness differ from just printing money when it comes to inflation?
    It's a stimulus for not paying back a promissory note.
    How bout a stimulus for those that had their house foreclosed? And maybe one for folks that had their car repossessed. Overwhelmed with credit card debt?...............we got ya covered.
    This sounds like a much faster way to get us to a full blown depression.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I’m so sick of them stealing my money and giving it to everyone else. Ukraine got billions, illegals get billions, now this. When the **** do we start getting money for supporting this country? I don’t even want their money, I just wanna keep mine.
    They aren't stealing your money for this. Your stolen money is already spent. This is more debt. The Fed has absolutely no restraint anymore when it comes to spending. They are on a sled going down a mountain picking up speed. Some day that sled is going to come to a cliff and we will all go tumbling over it.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It would wipe out over half my loan debt, because I was at least reasonably responsible in my borrowing.

Drop in the bucket for the Democrats constituency, though. The average laptop class Dem is carrying $60-100,000+ in debt on their moronic media and grievance studies graduate degrees.

Still not clear on how the executive can unilaterally spend, or fail to collect (which is spending), a couple hundred billion dollars just like that. Isn't Congress supposed to be the ones who decide spending? :nuts:

I don't think the inflation hit would be that dramatic, remember the federal government hasn't been pulling in much of anything on loan payments in the last two years. This effect would be over time, though ultimately it is more money printing.

It's probably not going to really happen, though. They'll talk a big game before the midterms to buy votes, just like last time. And, just like last time, they intend to renege after the election. Especially when they get wiped out in Congress. It's Lucy and the football. The feds badly need to extract those loan payments and ultimately they're not going to stop.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    Some will think I am mean, but I made my daughter pay for her college education. I did pay for most of her books that was $$$. She has worked part time and some full time in a nursing home and in the ER took the long path. Got her associates degree then went on to bachelors degree went to her 3rd graduation from college she just finished her masters degree. She owes less than 10k still has to take state boards going to be a nurse practitioner. Did it herself and it means a lot to her also did not have the employer pay for it did not want to be obligated to work there for years. If they did send her 10k she would take and pay off what is left. Thing is she does not want or need handouts. Believes if you want something you work for it and if you borrow money you work harder to pay it back.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Some will think I am mean, but I made my daughter pay for her college education. I did pay for most of her books that was $$$. She has worked part time and some full time in a nursing home and in the ER took the long path. Got her associates degree then went on to bachelors degree went to her 3rd graduation from college she just finished her masters degree. She owes less than 10k still has to take state boards going to be a nurse practitioner. Did it herself and it means a lot to her also did not have the employer pay for it did not want to be obligated to work there for years. If they did send her 10k she would take and pay off what is left. Thing is she does not want or need handouts. Believes if you want something you work for it and if you borrow money you work harder to pay it back.

How mean of you to raise your daughter to have a strong work ethic and exercise responsibility for her self.

It's unfortunate more parents are not so mean.

Top Bottom