Student loan 'Forgiveness",Too little to help anyone, just enough to make everyone angry

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    Perhaps Biden should have done this the proper way through Congress.
    We all know this was to garner votes for the general election. While it's out there that the write off will be treated as taxable income, all that will benefit from the this will not file their 1040 until next year, so, it hasn't hit them yet. However, it wouldn't surprise me when they are suddenly shocked with paying additional taxes, the dem's will come riding in on their black horse's and change the tax code for 2023 filing. That is if the dem's hold the majority like they do now. So, again the dem's are securing votes for 2024 by saving the day.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    We all know this was to garner votes for the general election. While it's out there that the write off will be treated as taxable income, all that will benefit from the this will not file their 1040 until next year, so, it hasn't hit them yet. However, it wouldn't surprise me when they are suddenly shocked with paying additional taxes, the dem's will come riding in on their black horse's and change the tax code for 2023 filing. That is if the dem's hold the majority like they do now. So, again the dem's are securing votes for 2024 by saving the day.
    Did something change? I'm sure that I read that if this handout did go through, it would not be considered taxable by the Feds. A few states, including Indiana would tax it, though.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Just make this a 10k stimulus check to every breathing citizen. No one will do anything about inflation anyway, why worry about it…

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Guess which governor DIDN’T sign this letter…

Of course, he wants that income tax payday.

In other news, still no applications, updates, or progress of any kind on this "plan". It's literally just a press release.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Of course, he wants that income tax payday.

In other news, still no applications, updates, or progress of any kind on this "plan". It's literally just a press release.
    The low information voter doesn't know he can't do this by EO, so they believe it is a done deal

They won't get the bad news in time to reconsider their vote before the midterms. I'm surprised he hasn't legalized weed by diktat - must be saving that for '24

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Top Bottom