• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    THANKS TO ALL OF YOU THAT POSTED GOOD TALKING POINTS!!! I USED SEVERAL OF THEM TODAY!!!

Had a couple news channels there. I could only stay until about noon because we're having company this evening and my wife needed me home to help out around the house. Mark talked to a couple news people, and a camera man from WSBT 22 came and talked to me and Larry. We'll see how it turns out. I hope I didn't say anything stupid.
    We talked to a couple people who stopped by, one of them being a mailman. He saw the gun 'buyback' signs and said, "this is the right neighborhood for that." and we pointed out that we were actually talking to people about why this sort of thing is wrong. That sort of surprised him, but once we got through the reasons, he was as upset about it as we were. It was pretty cool.

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    THANKS TO ALL OF YOU THAT POSTED GOOD TALKING POINTS!!! I USED SEVERAL OF THEM TODAY!!!

Had a couple news channels there. I could only stay until about noon because we're having company this evening and my wife needed me home to help out around the house. Mark talked to a couple news people, and a camera man from WSBT 22 came and talked to me and Larry. We'll see how it turns out. I hope I didn't say anything stupid.
    We talked to a couple people who stopped by, one of them being a mailman. He saw the gun 'buyback' signs and said, "this is the right neighborhood for that." and we pointed out that we were actually talking to people about why this sort of thing is wrong. That sort of surprised him, but once we got through the reasons, he was as upset about it as we were. It was pretty cool.
    Great news! Good to hear :yesway:
    I hope to see some more news reports about this tonight/tomorrow.

gunrights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    South Bend
    Photo

Clay, Harry & Larry Thanks for your today at the Gun BuyBack

SB_GBB.jpg

SB_GBB.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Here is an update of the event. Notice the headline?

There is VIDEO at the link below the headline (Channel 16, WNDU). "Granger Guns" was interviewed and spoke well. The lady from "Mamas Against Violence" was pure emotion, no fact, and only did a fair job of representing her side.

Some skeptic over effectiveness of gun buy back

LINK TO VIDEO >> Some skeptic over effectiveness of gun buy back

Posted: 6:51 PM Jun 13, 2009
    Last Updated: 12:41 AM Jun 14, 2009
    Reporter: Stephanie Stang
    Email Address: stephanie.stang@wndu.com
    11 comments

Over 100 guns turned in during buy back Saturday

Every day anyone can buy or sell a gun at Granger Guns.

Saturday dozens were turned in -- no questions asked – at several locations around St. Joseph County.

Its part of the gun buy back program, where citizens exchange guns for gift certificates -- the guns are then melted down

Critics claim the program only brings in old guns that don't work, and it doesn't cut down on crime.

"I think the intent is to get firearms off the streets so they don't end up in criminal's hands. But, I don't know the firearms being turned in would ever end up in a criminals' hands. Whatever the intent is, that's not where it ends up," says Steve Evans of Granger Guns.

Leaders say, hopefully one gun given up will prevent an accidental death or injury.

"I think it has made a difference because, like I said, we had guns come in. We had guns come in that really nobody didn't get money for -- they just brought them in to get them out of the house – a real positive thing," says Wanda Benson of Mamas Against Violence.

"It just comes down to education and common sense. They just need to be locked up kept away from the kids," Evans encourages.

This year's gun buy back reached a fever pitch.

All three sites started collecting guns at 10 on Saturday, and within half an hour they were out of gift certificates.

The group raised more money than in the past, and they hope to hold another event soon.​

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Today's South Bend Tribune had a couple articles about guns.

You guys made page A6!!!!

I didn't because I was pulling up right as the photographer was there taking your pictures. Oh well. Maybe next time.

gunrights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    South Bend
    Did you see today there is also an article about shortage of ammunition and guns in the South Bend Tribune. Proves the point that maybe everyone who traded in some junk yesterday went to go buy something today;)

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    One of the guys at my church today said he saw me on channel 22 last night.:rockwoot:
    He said I did a good job and he agrees with us. Another guy overheard us discussing it and said "I thought those were a good idea, but now that you explain them, I agree with you."

Top Bottom