• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Protest it with a sign asking them to come see you for more $$ first.

Just offer free appraisals accross the street.

Well, that would fall under a person to person purchase, has anyone ever ran a serial number on a gun after buying it from an individual?

INGunGuy

Doing this across the streeet from the buyback program would seriously **** off the people in charge, possibly the prosecutors office.

That gets everyone's hair on the back of thier neck all in a bunch and on end.

Then you get the officer confrontation and asking to see the firearms purchased, they promptly run the serial's and if just one comes back stolen........

BINGO

You're off to jail for accepting stolen property.

I think it might be better conceived to work with the dept, have the numbers checked to see ift they are stolen then offer them a fair deal.

I think this way could be a win win without rankling to many feathers and gain some positive spin for the 2nd Amendment.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Doing this across the streeet from the buyback program would seriously **** off the people in charge, possibly the prosecutors office.

That gets everyone's hair on the back of thier neck all in a bunch and on end.

Then you get the officer confrontation and asking to see the firearms purchased, they promptly run the serial's and if just one comes back stolen........

BINGO

You're off to jail for accepting stolen property.

I think it might be better conceived to work with the dept, have the numbers checked to see ift they are stolen then offer them a fair deal.

I think this way could be a win win without rankling to many feathers and gain some positive spin for the 2nd Amendment.
    :+1:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    That'd be great, but the police are not about to cooperate with that because then they can't say "we got these guns off the street." Last year I think they melted them down and made medallions of some sort out of them.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    So...were you protesting the buy back program or looking for a deal? While I don't particularly approve of these programs...(unless it gets an unwanted gun out of a home where people are concerned about it getting in the hands of their children) the protest seems to lose something if you're profiting off it. Unless you did pay fair market value?

In reality...the guns belong to the individuals...and they are free to do with them as they wish. My main objection is buying the weapons no questions asked. Although it may get a gun out of the hands of a criminal...what an easy way to score a fix. Steal a firearm and turn it in for cash.

But to use as part of your protest the statement that people are being taken advantage of because the cash value is higher than the buy back offer is rather moot if you're buying the same firearms at less than the fair market value...don't you think?

Even if people were out buying up guns for more than the buyback program they would be saving these firearms from certain destruction. Maybe we can start a charity like the Humane Society of Firearms. Give unwanted firearms a place to stay until someone adopts them. No one wants to see a firearm put to death.

gunrights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    South Bend
    Your Support Would Be Appreciated

I would appreciate your support in attending the gun buyback with me in South Bend Indiana tomorrow June 13, 10AM-3PM. Don't let this be a one-man protest let's make a stand on our beliefs about gun buybacks.

The media always shows up in the morning and just before it ends so if you can only attend for short time please make a point of being there when the media is there.

If we have a big enough turnout we may ask others to attend one of the other two locations.

I will have a limited amount of gifts to hand out to participants who helped me out the entire day if that would help in a motivating factor.

Map of location:
    Gun Buy-Back - Google Maps

Bring your own sign!

Example:
    "Gun Buyback Programs Actually Benefit Criminals"
    "Gun Buybacks Make You Feel Like Government Is Fighting Crime"
    "Criminal Amnesty Program - ENTER HERE"

"No guns, no rights"
    "Give away your guns, give away your safety"
    "Powerlessness is a terrible feeling"

"Protect yourself, protect your guns"
    "Don't be a statistic, Keep your 2nd Amendment rights"
    "Support You're Local Criminals, Turn in Your Gun"
    "Turn in a criminal, not your gun"

Gun Rights Radio Network
    P.O. Box 966
    South Bend, IN 46624

Mobile: (574) 514-5307

Last edited:

gunrights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    South Bend
    interviews with local media

Just completed three and in-person interviews and two over the phone with local media about gun buyback. We will have plenty of media attention if you come and help in the protest.

They actually came and interviewed me before they went to the press conference about the gun buyback. I believe they will be asking some questions I was asking.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    At about noon today I heard your interview on wsbt 960am. Sounded GOOD very confident and well informed, Unfortunately the boss has me busy or I would come join you. Kenny

gunrights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    South Bend
    We Need To See Numbers

At about noon today I heard your interview on wsbt 960am. Sounded GOOD very confident and well informed, Unfortunately the boss has me busy or I would come join you. Kenny

Kenny,

I am glad to hear that I did a decent interview, surprises me that they have already started airing it.

A real heavy turnout would show the media it's just not one man against the gun buybacks but it is the gun owning community at large is.

Please consider taking some time out of your day tomorrow and stand with me to oppose these useless so-called gun buybacks. All they are are criminal amnesty programs that encourage criminals to steal firearms and turn them in no questions asked. We need to have a criminal turn in day or how about make it everyday. That would be much more effective then these turning programs. Some people feel good like they're doing something, but it's not.

Kenny, I know you would be out there helping except for your boss. That was the exactly same reason I wasn't able to attend the previous gun buyback. It just good to know that you would be there if you could. Thanks

See previous posts for location and map on how to get there.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just wanted to BUMP this up to the top again.

I also think it is important the people get out to protest, even if only for an hour or two. Just get out there. If not for a funeral that I will be attending tomorrow I would drive out there. I'm a couple counties away and I think that protesting these things is important enough to make the 90 minute drive to protest with my family.

People, especially the press, needs to see gun owners as responsible families, neatly dressed, well spoken, and with reasoned talking points on why these silly gun buy backs and anti-gun laws actually harm society.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I really wish I could attend this. It is three and a half hours away is the only thing hindering me. Anything closer sometime in the future I would definitely be interested in.

Clearwat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    The bigger issue I have here is the government attempting to "buy-back" something they never owned in the first place with tax dollars. For those of you with "Boston's Gun Bible" in your library, check out Chapter 36. It discusses a widespread "buy-back" plan, but same thoughts apply. Call it coercive disarmament.

"Gun buy-back programs are misnamed. You cannot buy back something you didn't own in the first place. Since the Brady law prohibits dumping such guns into criminal lairs (gun buyers must be certified by the FBI these days), there is no longer justification for destroying firearms collected in the buy-ups. That's right, there is no longer any justification at all for destroying firearms collected in buy-ups. When buy-ups are goverment funded, meltdowns are therefore wanton destruction of a public asset, and someone deserves to be held liable. Tax dollars are buying legal property simply to destoy it, when the only way to sell it is to certifiably law abiding individuals. What an outrage." Boston's Gun Bible, Ch31 Pg8

Well said. I would have no problem setting up to try to find a good deal. If the Sheeple want to be victims, let them.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Bump

So how many of our St Joe & Elkhart County INGO members are going to drive over to the gun buy-back sham and turn this into a positive media event for the pro-gun side? It would be great if we could get a turnout of 20+ people, even if you only show up for an hour or two.

Don't lose this opportunity.

gunrights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    South Bend
    Bump

So how many of our St Joe & Elkhart County INGO members are going to drive over to the gun buy-back sham and turn this into a positive media event for the pro-gun side? It would be great if we could get a turnout of 20+ people, even if you only show up for an hour or two.

Don't lose this opportunity.

If you're only able to show up for an hour or two then make sure you are there either first thing in the morning when the media is there or 20 minutes or so before it ends. I will be out there all day but the media will not.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    If you're only able to show up for an hour or two then make sure you are there either first thing in the morning when the media is there or 20 minutes or so before it ends. I will be out there all day but the media will not.

So about 10am?

But at which location? Are there not 3 locations? Which location is the best to put on a pro-gun show?

Top Bottom