• ...and so much more!
  • gunrights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    South Bend
    St. Joseph County Gun Buyback Protest

I will be out protesting the St. Joseph County Gun Buy Backs again this year. Looking for anyone that would be interested in doing the same.

June 13, from 10 am – 3pm at three locations:

* Mishawaka – St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 616 Lincoln Way East
    * South Bend – No. 2 Fire Station, corner of Lincoln Way West and Martin Luther King Blvd.
    * St. Joseph County – Penn Twp Fire Station #2, 13750 McKinley Highway, Mishawaka

The reasons why I go out and protest gun buy backs:

• The no questions asked policy which allows criminals to turn in firearms without any fear of being prosecuted.
    • They take advantage of people who do not know the value of the firearms they are turning in.
    • Just publicity for the anti-gun government. Makes people feel good like their doing something. (has no effect on crime)
    • Police officers are paid overtime to attend the gun buyback, and in this tight economy, they should be out on the streets.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I've got a Lorcin I've been wanting to get rid of. I keep waiting for them to have one around me. If I get $100 for it, i'll go buy ammo with the money.

Muddy_Ford

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Hartford City
    Protest it with a sign asking them to come see you for more $$ first.
    :+1: Now that would be a nice way to pick through and get the good stuff, before it is destroyed. Plus it would **** off those morons who organized these things. :rockwoot: Especially since they don't work anyways.

Now if only you could write off the guns you buy at the "gun buyback" as a charitable contribution. :D

gunrights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    South Bend
    Guns

In one of the previous gun buybacks. We had a local gun dealer that set up a table to give appraisals of guns. Because we had to be on public property. It wasn't quite easy for us to get people to come over and talk to us. There was a police officer in a squad car in the parking lot that would direct people into the gun buyback.

I did manage to purchase a couple firearms, one was a Mossberg bolt action shotgun and the other one was a 9 mm Jennings handgun that was broken. The reason I purchased the broken handgun was so that I could use it at a later date to actually turn and myself so that I would have grounds to file a federal lawsuit again.

In episode six and seven of my podcast I discuss the federal lawsuit that I filed. If you'd like to listen to that, you may find it interesting.

Gun Rights Advocates Podcast

Use the drop-down menu at the top of the page to find those episodes.

I definitely am looking for some others to help me out with the gun buyback. Let me know if you're able to attend.

gunrights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    South Bend
    This Weekend

Remember this weekend is the gun buyback and I will be at the location on LincolnWay and Martin Luther King Dr. (fire station) before 10 AM.

If any of you would like to come out and protest the gun buyback with me. I would appreciate it.

Also, I will have some free items to give away for helping me in my protest against gun buybacks.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I did manage to purchase a couple firearms, one was a Mossberg bolt action shotgun and the other one was a 9 mm Jennings handgun that was broken.
    So...were you protesting the buy back program or looking for a deal? While I don't particularly approve of these programs...(unless it gets an unwanted gun out of a home where people are concerned about it getting in the hands of their children) the protest seems to lose something if you're profiting off it. Unless you did pay fair market value?

In reality...the guns belong to the individuals...and they are free to do with them as they wish. My main objection is buying the weapons no questions asked. Although it may get a gun out of the hands of a criminal...what an easy way to score a fix. Steal a firearm and turn it in for cash.

But to use as part of your protest the statement that people are being taken advantage of because the cash value is higher than the buy back offer is rather moot if you're buying the same firearms at less than the fair market value...don't you think?

gunrights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    South Bend
    I am not going out there to purchase firearms! The reason to be, there is to bring awareness to the citizens of St. Joseph County that evidence could be destroyed when the government takes in firearms with no questions asked.

The second reason is to hopefully speak with citizens who are turning in firearms, and maybe give them an estimated value of their firearm from the bluebook of firearm values, and hopefully point them in the direction where they can receive more for their property.

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    I dumped a couple of junkers I had gotten from a collection I sold for a friend of a freind some years ago at the last buy back. I think it was two years ago? I got a $50 walmart, $50 target, $50 martins, and a $50 goodwill coupon for both non firing pistols. It was joke, the only weapons I saw and what the police told me about were junk pieces that people like me were turning in. However, they did have one SKS and one rifle with round stuck in the barrel.

I did watch them for a little while as two police officers took shotguns and rifles and bent the barrels out back of the fire house.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield

You are all a bunch of haters!!!!!!!!!!! Give the government the benefit of the doubt, maybe they are just trying to stimulate the econ... Buy low...Gunbroker....sell high!!! :rolleyes:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I am not going out there to purchase firearms! The reason to be, there is to bring awareness to the citizens of St. Joseph County that evidence could be destroyed when the government takes in firearms with no questions asked.

The second reason is to hopefully speak with citizens who are turning in firearms, and maybe give them an estimated value of their firearm from the bluebook of firearm values, and hopefully point them in the direction where they can receive more for their property.
    Good...I'm glad to hear you paid fair market value for that Mossberg shotgun. :yesway: So...what was the market value if I may ask?

Top Bottom