• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Don't be surprised if SA moves the MSRP up on these fairly quickly. I honestly can't see how they're making this pistol with a $699 MSRP and still making money with the rising cost of materials. Plus being American made and forged slide/frame. I honestly thought the cost would've been at least $899

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    8TSbdaN.jpg

ML6QZF6.jpg

Yep I am officially very excited

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Don't be surprised if SA moves the MSRP up on these fairly quickly. I honestly can't see how they're making this pistol with a $699 MSRP and still making money with the rising cost of materials. Plus being American made and forged slide/frame. I honestly thought the cost would've been at least $899

Dealer pricing is apparently $530-ish.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm patient and I can wait until the hype dies down. By then if there are any flaws in them they should get ironed out or we know what to expect.
    Agreed, and just maybe an additional model may be released (?).

I want one of these, as I've always been interested in an HP, but never have had one. Like you though, I can wait for these to become more readily available.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Agreed, and just maybe an additional model may be released (?).

I want one of these, as I've always been interested in an HP, but never have had one. Like you though, I can wait for these to become more readily available.
    Don't wait, GunPrime just got some in for 1299.00 lol. I don't really remember such 'gouging' in years past when new products came out?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Stopped in at my dealer. The guy said I am #1 on the list. He said they usually get a new model like that in a week or two. SO hopefully next week sometime.

I agree with the above, I would expect MSRP to go up fairly soon with the demand that seems to be out there.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Stopped in at my dealer. The guy said I am #1 on the list. He said they usually get a new model like that in a week or two. SO hopefully next week sometime.

I agree with the above, I would expect MSRP to go up fairly soon with the demand that seems to be out there.
    I don't think i've ever seen MSRP abruptly change on a new gun, then what do they do when the initial hype wears off. Realistically the demand for an HP is going to be much more limited than their 1911's or even some of their XDM's I would imagine. Once this initial frenzy is over new gun buyers are still going to buy the Glock or other plastic fantastic.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't think i've ever seen MSRP abruptly change on a new gun, then what do they do when the initial hype wears off. Realistically the demand for an HP is going to be much more limited than their 1911's or even some of their XDM's I would imagine. Once this initial frenzy is over new gun buyers are still going to buy the Glock or other plastic fantastic.
    As I understand it the H&K SP5k-pdw jumped their MSRP up $4-500 and they are still selling for several hundred dollars above that when you can find one.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I always loved and still love the hi-power. Some hate them others love them. There were some fantastic models made over the years but I like the old ones.(surprise I like old models of about everything)

Springfield rant begins:

I have a Springfield range officer in 9mm that I find ok and everyone who shoots it loves. That was purchased before Springfield tried to fu@@ the gun community over and everyone wrote them off. And no I am not talking about the saint ar-15 rifle here. Springfield still has not won me over to send money to them.

Springfield let me know one thing (after watching about three days-35 videos) is it made in the USA from USA parts or is it assembled in the USA from Turkish parts.
    Looks good but are we playing games again.
    I can get the same think with a different non Springfield stamp for less if the parts all come from turkey. Still have enough to do my own trigger and sight upgrades.

Springfield rant off:

Let me know if the make one with deep blue or stainless or a combo.

Top Bottom