• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Very interesting. I've never shot a Hi Power, or even handled one. I'd love to give one a try. I've been very happy with my SA 1911s...would be cool to pick up a HP to go with them.
    Back in the day I had a full size and detective size FM. They were the most natural pointers and shooters I've ever owned. I'd love to have the detective version back.
    I'm content with my Glock 43X but that chunk of steel was awesome.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I don't see the value in just replicating what Browning/FN had already done. HP's aren't rare, there's millions of them, you can just buy an original?
    Since FN discontinued them i want to safe queen any Belgium made guns i come across and shoot the clones. As for being "millions" of them out there.. I cant tell with the prices people are already asking for FN made guns now especially the Practical models to a price point i wouldn't wanna run it as a daily shooter or suppressor host. That's just me though.

Last edited:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Since FN discontinued them i want to safe queen any Belgium made guns i come across and shoot the clones. As for being "millions" of them out there.. I cant tell with the prices people are already asking for FN made guns now especially the Practical models to a price point i wouldn't wanna run it as a daily shooter or suppressor host. That's just me though.
    So what you are saying is a Belgium made one would be worth holding on to? One has been residing in our safe for about 6 years.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Came across it by chance I believe it’s a late 60‘s era production date if I recall. From what I can tell it’s mostly original.
    That sounds nice, being a 60's model does the serial prefix have a "C" in it? Those are more desired than the "T" series guns which if I recall correctly I believe are from the 70's. But both are coveted by HP collectors.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Hopefully they drop the mag disconnect… and make the trigger not suck worse than… well sucky stuff….

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I keep thinking about all the years I had an opportunity to own a Hi-Power but instead, chose to own other inferior guns, most of which have since gone by the wayside. If this rumor comes to fruition, I will be highly interested in one.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have two BHPs, one pretty old and another of the newer ones. Then a FEG. I have been wanting handle one of the Tisas that came out, but haven't seen one yet.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The November cover for Recoil magazine was on their Instagram with a picture of a HP redacted. You can see the top of the slide though and it does looks like it has Novak type sights and it looks like a small ring 'commander' type hammer like C&S sells.

BjZgcYih.jpg

Top Bottom