• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I first got my hands on a Hi-Power (P-35) in the military when 1911s were standard and I liked it.
    13 round mags vs 7 round mags, less recoil.

Fun to shoot, nearly 100% reliable (needed wider ejection port), and still had that organic feel as an extension of your (ergonomics) the Browning pistols brought to semiautomatic handguns.

The plastic gun bunch should try a Hi-Power and see what they think,
    No more excuses like, "The dog ate my gun." ;)

The only drawback is big double stack grip, too big for my little wife, she doesn't care for it.
    She shoots well with it, just fumbles with it a little.

When I feel the need to carry, it's usually my 1911 in 10mm, but I'm still very fond of my Hi-Powers.
    They are mostly 35-50+ years old and still shoot great, feel good, are still more accurate than I am...

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    This looks great and even at MSRP it's a great deal. They'd make a ton of money just selling that thumb safety, much better than the C&S offering. No front strap treatment but you can't fault them for that, it'd be too expensive to do but they did relocate the SN so that's out of the way. I want to see if they added some front strap thickness.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    So big props to Springfield on the “made in USA” part! And the 699 price point should make it a “uge” seller!

Back when I was working in a gun shop, the last brownings we had started at 899 and when they announced they were being discontinued the owner added a hundred to the price of them!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Made in the USA $700~ price hell yeah I want one. I wonder if Nighthawk will do any work to these I would love to have the front strap checkered TBH.
    I wonder if they thickened up the front strap any? HP's are very thin, if they do get checkered it's usually very fine 40lpi like Yost does, I can't imagine trying to checker something 40lpi across all that front strap real estate!

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Made in the USA $700~ price hell yeah I want one. I wonder if Nighthawk will do any work to these I would love to have the front strap checkered TBH.
    I’ve always admired the Hi-Powers but have never shot one. Been all striker fired for some time (only still have one external hammer fired gun), but might have to get one of these.

Once the hype dies down, may have to see if they come in under MSRP.

I see these come with one mag, and they improved the mags/increased capacity, but I assume this would be compatible with older HP mags?

Anyone think they will release additional models? I know there were at least a couple of different HP models including a practical.

If I pick one of these up, it would be the only non EDC or EDC trainer type handgun I've bought in an incredibly long time.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom