• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Rumors are circulating about the possibility of SPFD introducing a variation of the Hi-Power based on a teaser photo. One thing I didn't know was that SPFD actually did 5 prototypes years ago on FEG guns but never marketed them. If you look at the photo the clock is set at 19:35 with a picture of JMB, also what could be a P35 frame on the workbench, looks like double stack mags by the leg of the workbench too.

PHuHw6Bl.png

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    They talk about a 'reveal' day but i'm not sure when that is.
    I really hope they can make a pretty close copy like they do with their mil spec 1911s. I dont like the way Tisas or Girsan made their small "improvements" to the gun when I saw pics of their examples.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I really like High Powers, even High Power clones. I would really like to see some 1911 size sights on it.. The Magazine safety interlock on some later ones screwed up the trigger feel, but you could take out those parts and return to original function. It will be interesting what the future holds. I hope they stay with metal construction.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I really hope they can make a pretty close copy like they do with their mil spec 1911s. I dont like the way Tisas or Girsan made their small "improvements" to the gun when I saw pics of their examples.
    The Girsan's basically a copy of the last MKIII and Tisas was pretty solid but they went with their own sights which nobody liked and a large hammer bite hammer and nub safety that nobody liked.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I really like High Powers, even High Power clones. I would really like to see some 1911 size sights on it.. The Magazine safety interlock on some later ones screwed up the trigger feel, but you could take out those parts and return to original function. It will be interesting what the future holds. I hope they stay with metal construction.
    Yes, if they cut it for novaks and put a decent thumb safety on it and ditch the mag safety that's all most people ask for.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    It would be awesome if SA starts making hi-powers, especially if they had several different “levels”. I would like a repro of an original, but it would also be neat to have a modernized hi-power too.
    I would like to see replicas of the classic blued steel model with walnut grips like pictured above as well as a clone of the Mark III with the ambi thumb safety, spur hammer, contoured nylon grips, and the epoxy black finish. Truth be told it would be amazing to me if they also did a Practical clone too with a hard chrome finish and a black epoxy slide as well as a full hard chrome variant.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I would like to see replicas of the classic blued steel model with walnut grips like pictured above as well as a clone of the Mark III with the ambi thumb safety, spur hammer, contoured nylon grips, and the epoxy black finish. Truth be told it would be amazing to me if they also did a Practical clone too with a hard chrome finish and a black epoxy slide as well as a full hard chrome variant.
    I don't see the value in just replicating what Browning/FN had already done. HP's aren't rare, there's millions of them, you can just buy an original? They need to come out with a variation that has the mods done that people put on their HP's, modern sights, no mag safety, good thumb safety, maybe a front strap treatment, beveled mag well etc. If after all the conjecture it turns out to be a new HP it'll likely be a rebranded import, maybe the Girsan (?), SPFD should order them with no sight cuts and cut Novaks that alone would ensure they sold pretty well.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Very interesting. I've never shot a Hi Power, or even handled one. I'd love to give one a try. I've been very happy with my SA 1911s...would be cool to pick up a HP to go with them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom