• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island
    I got to shoot a HP during a NATO weapons class/range firing at Ft Bragg, later when we spent 3 weeks with 2 Para we got to train/shoot with the SLR (Fal), GPMG and Highpower....fun was had by all. There is a lot to like with the SA-35 via some video linked here on Ingo the SA-35 has an interchangeablity of parts with the FN pistol to include magazines. I think John would be happy with the effort. I liked the way the HP shoots and the feel of the weapon and at $700. I know what I'm going to ask Santa to put under the tree.
    Jump62
    aka Paul

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I wonder if they thickened up the front strap any? HP's are very thin, if they do get checkered it's usually very fine 40lpi like Yost does, I can't imagine trying to checker something 40lpi across all that front strap real estate!

I am hoping they thicken up the front strap since they went to the trouble to remove the mag disconnect and clean up the trigger. Worst case I was thinking something like the texturing Nighthawk used to do on Hi-Powers it was very neat.

I’ve always admired the Hi-Powers but have never shot one. Been all striker fired for some time (only still have one external hammer fired gun), but might have to get one of these.

Once the hype dies down, may have to see if they come in under MSRP.

I see these come with one mag, and they improved the mags/increased capacity, but I assume this would be compatible with older HP mags?

Anyone think they will release additional models? I know there were at least a couple of different HP models including a practical.

If I pick one of these up, it would be the only non EDC or EDC trainer type handgun I've bought in an incredibly long time.

I watched the TFB TV video and apparently there are a lot of parts comparability and "legacy" mags work as well it seems. Definitely going to wait on this one and see what the custom shops say they can do with this pistol. Or even better yet Springfield releases a TRP model Hi Power because I want to send this off as a project gun for front strap texturing, have the trigger cleaner up and cut for a RDS like the one pictured below

rzmpebz.jpg

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I am intrigued!

I only have one hammer fired semi-auto pistol, and had thought for some time that my second would be a CZ. The only other contenders were a 1911, or a high power. The Springfield Armory offering certainly looks very good.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    Got several (3) "in stock" alerts today for SA-35 in stock at Grab-A-Gun. When i checked, they were out of stock.

The price listed for the moment for the "out of stock" is $999.99. Hope that is not the price they are actually going at. I have seen several times with them that when something gets sold out, the price listed goes to to a goofy number for some reason.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Got several (3) "in stock" alerts today for SA-35 in stock at Grab-A-Gun. When i checked, they were out of stock.

The price listed for the moment for the "out of stock" is $999.99. Hope that is not the price they are actually going at. I have seen several times with them that when something gets sold out, the price listed goes to to a goofy number for some reason.

It might be a glitch I checked it out and it was switching from 699-999 for me.

Top Bottom