Not open for further replies.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Thanks for the positive comment.  He donated his annual salary to various entities. How many past presidents did that ? Trump isn’t wholly dependent on capitalizing on his Presidency for his income like almost all of the career politicians are. Most pols rely on turning to a lobbying group for employment once out of office. Most presidents do the speaking/book writing tour thing. Trump might do it out of vanity - but I don’t think money will be a main driver. It’s too bad Trump is the first President that could be accused of being vain.

He loves attention and money. The more the better. Donating his salary was a good example of LOOK AT ME!!! I specifically said "MOST".

Bob

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Man I HOPE so. I thought this guy was amusing for about the first 2-3 days of the 2016 republican primaries. Then I really tired of his bully shtick.

Careful... that shtick earned him a real cult following around here.

Trump's a lot of things, no doubt. Have you actually read Biden's plans? Specifically guns since this is a gun forum?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Should that be "Republican since Reagan" or "President since Reagan"?

Is Trump a Republican?

It's not a matter of schtik. It's a matter of being the first Republican since Reagan to do anything remotely similar to what I wanted done.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Trump's a lot of things, no doubt. Have you actually read Biden's plans? Specifically guns since this is a gun forum?

Biden's hatred of guns is decades old; he's graced the cover American Riflemen way back as a senator. Everyone here is aware.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Thanks for the positive comment.  He donated his annual salary to various entities. How many past presidents did that ? Trump isn’t wholly dependent on capitalizing on his Presidency for his income like almost all of the career politicians are. Most pols rely on turning to a lobbying group for employment once out of office. Most presidents do the speaking/book writing tour thing. Trump might do it out of vanity - but I don’t think money will be a main driver. It’s too bad Trump is the first President that could be accused of being vain.

Trump's vanity is based on his wealth. Hs entire persona is crafted around how rich he is. Money certainly will be the main driver post-presidency. He's going to uses his PAC to fill his coffers; or more realistically, offset personal expenses.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Point out one INGOer that is unaware of Biden's track record of gun control.

I'll wait here. :popcorn:

Besides the ones that stated themselves that they haven't researched it? Maybe you missed that thread. I'm not gonna throw anyone under the bus.

Like I said, if I bother you that bad with my "schtick", then fix it.

ETA: You won't have to look far.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Before the presidency, he spent most of his time living the life of a beloved celebrity. I think it’s obvious, that he’s no longer welcome in those circles. What do you think is the next chapter for the ousted president? Somehow I don’t think he’s going to disappear into private life.

...will he run again, start a conservative news channel, push his family into politics.... or end up in jail?

I just wonder where ya’ll think his next chapter goes.

Just can't get him out of your head, can you?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just can't get him out of your head, can you?

That post was back in early November, following the election. I think the question valid.
    Oh, and beware of liars or those with reading comprehension issues. They are amongst us.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Just don't subscribe to those threads (half or more started by him) and don't watch the news.

Aside to pray for him and Mr. Biden I rarely think of either.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Besides the ones that stated themselves that they haven't researched it? Maybe you missed that thread. I'm not gonna throw anyone under the bus.

Like I said, if I bother you that bad with my "schtick", then fix it.

ETA: You won't have to look far.

Not looking up his current plank is not the same as not knowing his record. I didn't look it up either, and I know his record.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To be fair, Trump is making the news almost every hour, and there's a dozen threads on INGO about him, so... how could Kut not talk about Trump? :dunno:

I purposefully avoided posting "Trump Threads" because, Induicky asked me, and I knew how triggered people would be seeing "their guy" criticized.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom