• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    And none of that address my post. And to call Trump supporters as a group "conservative", well... So to ask my question again, are you in favor of judges "doing what's right" or following law and precedent?
    I fail to see where refraining from dismissal on arbitrary grounds and at least allowing discovery would constitute activism as opposed to a course that smacks of complicity.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    How apropos

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...obamas-12-year-run-as-most-admired-man-gallup
    Trump ends Obama's 12-year run as most admired man: Gallup

President Trump has ended former President Obama's 12-year run as the most admired man in America, edging out his predecessor in the annual Gallup survey released Tuesday.

Eighteen percent of the survey's respondents named Trump as their most admired man, compared to 15 percent who named Obama and 6 percent who named President-elect Joe Biden. Three percent named National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci, while 2 percent chose Pope Francis.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I fail to see where refraining from dismissal on arbitrary grounds and at least allowing discovery would constitute activism as opposed to a course that smacks of complicity.

How does that apply to my post you quoted?

That sounds like the folks in the revolutionary times telling the framers what they were doing was illegal...

How so? Although what they were doing was illegal.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Those "arbitrary grounds" are the basis of our legal system.
    That is just the most brilliant thing I have heard all week. Misusing the concept of standing such that no citizen, candidate, group of citizens, state, or group of states can have a hearing in court based on merit is the basis of our legal system. If this is true we might as well eliminate the judicial branch.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How does that apply to my post you quoted?

How so? Although what they were doing was illegal.
    You were throwing bricks suggesting that others were fine with activist judges as long as we get our way. I want to know how a fair hearing of evidence ad opposed to dismissal based on an exceedingly reaching application of standing constitutes judicial activism.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom