• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I was able to get supposedly the last whole loin at Meijer this morning. I butchered it and made some sous vide filets tonight and they were hands-down the best I’ve ever had.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Went to long time local butcher (Jamison’s, N. Anthony, FW) today at lunch. Meat counter maybe at 30%. Fairly good selection of beef cuts but low on stock. Chicken bewbies and wings only poultry in stock. Pork selection was week.

The end of the world is near, they were out of the hand made caramels my wife likes. I bought her a bottle of wine, but I can only keep her drunk so long before she craves the sweetness.

Coffee roaster was well stocked and the hippy health food store had nice looking hands of ginger root.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I was able to get supposedly the last whole loin at Meijer this morning. I butchered it and made some sous vide filets tonight and they were hands-down the best I’ve ever had.
    I picked up another one yesterday. An 8-pounder. Will cut it and get it into freezer bags today.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Indiana utilities seek approval to charge consumers for revenue lost as result of pandemic

...Ten Indiana utilities are asking state regulators to allow them to charge ratepayers for revenue they stand to lose because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
    The gas and electric utilities, including Indianapolis Power & Light Co. and Duke Energy Inc., filed a joint petition Friday with the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission, saying they are expect to see “significantly reduced load and revenue” as a result of businesses closing their doors or moving operations to remote status.

The utilities, which include five large investor-owned electric companies along with smaller gas companies, are asking for permission to collect lost revenue from customers. They also want to charge customers for all “bad debt expense incurred” associated with government orders to not disconnect utility hookups due to nonpayment.

The petition did not spell out how much they expect to lose in revenue from the pandemic, or how much customer bills could increase if regulators grant their wish. But they said the pandemic is unprecedented and is causing widespread problems.

“Many businesses have had to make difficult decisions to reduce and, in some cases, suspend their operations, which in turn has created significant financial challenges for residential customers. … It is unknown at this time how long the event will last, whether it will recur, or how significant the impact will be on Indiana customers and the utilities that provide them with essential services,” the petition said.

In response, a consumer group, Citizens Action Coalition of Indiana, blasted the request as “unprecedented utility greed.”

“It is disgusting that during these unprecedented times, they are more concerned with quarterly stock reports that with the health, safety and well-being of the Hoosier communities and consumers which they serve,” said Kerwin Olson, the organization’s executive director, in written remarks.

He said what the utilities are seeking is permission to allow them to categorize lower energy sales as an expense caused by the pandemic and to allow them to collect the lost revenue from consumers.

“In other words, the investor-owned utilities want to charge consumers for the energy that they did not sell because of the global pandemic,” he said.

The utilities said they are seeing labor costs rise in the form of overtime, sick time due to prolonged illness, and employee sequestration. They also claim they are paying high costs for cleaning supplies, health care, testing and temperature checks, personal protection equipment, and equipment and supplies to enable employees to work from home. Other costs include uncollectible or bad debt expense associated with some customers’ inability to pay bills.

Altogether, the increased expenses are “having substantial adverse financial impacts” on the utilities, the petition said. The utilities added that many businesses may not be in a position to reopen after the emergency recedes, and that production, supply chain and markets have been disrupted.

In addition to IPL and Duke Energy, the petitioners included Indiana Michigan Power Co., Northern Indiana Public Service Co. and Vectren. The smaller gas companies on the petition were Indiana Gas Co., Indiana Natural Gas Corp., Midwest Natural Gas Corp., Ohio Valley Gas Corp., Ohio Valley Gas, Southern Indiana Gas & Electric Co. and Sycamore Gas Co...

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Did I read that right? They want to charge for product not delivered, because no one needed it?

The uncollected debt, I get. They should be allowed to go after those that refuse to pay for what they used.

But, going after those that didn't use what the utility HOPED they would use? Really? I don't think that's how it works.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Did I read that right? They want to charge for product not delivered, because no one needed it?

The uncollected debt, I get. They should be allowed to go after those that refuse to pay for what they used.

But, going after those that didn't use what the utility HOPED they would use? Really? I don't think that's how it works.

Exactly. I've heard of some insurance companies refunding premiums for vehicle insurance because people were driving less. Less use (of electricity or insurance risk) should result in lower cost to the consumer in an ideal world at least.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Indiana utilities seek approval to charge consumers for revenue lost as result of pandemic

...Ten Indiana utilities are asking state regulators to allow them to charge ratepayers for revenue they stand to lose because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
    The gas and electric utilities, including Indianapolis Power & Light Co. and Duke Energy Inc., filed a joint petition Friday with the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission, saying they are expect to see “significantly reduced load and revenue” as a result of businesses closing their doors or moving operations to remote status.

The utilities, which include five large investor-owned electric companies along with smaller gas companies, are asking for permission to collect lost revenue from customers. They also want to charge customers for all “bad debt expense incurred” associated with government orders to not disconnect utility hookups due to nonpayment.

The petition did not spell out how much they expect to lose in revenue from the pandemic, or how much customer bills could increase if regulators grant their wish. But they said the pandemic is unprecedented and is causing widespread problems.

“Many businesses have had to make difficult decisions to reduce and, in some cases, suspend their operations, which in turn has created significant financial challenges for residential customers. … It is unknown at this time how long the event will last, whether it will recur, or how significant the impact will be on Indiana customers and the utilities that provide them with essential services,” the petition said.

In response, a consumer group, Citizens Action Coalition of Indiana, blasted the request as “unprecedented utility greed.”

“It is disgusting that during these unprecedented times, they are more concerned with quarterly stock reports that with the health, safety and well-being of the Hoosier communities and consumers which they serve,” said Kerwin Olson, the organization’s executive director, in written remarks.

He said what the utilities are seeking is permission to allow them to categorize lower energy sales as an expense caused by the pandemic and to allow them to collect the lost revenue from consumers.

“In other words, the investor-owned utilities want to charge consumers for the energy that they did not sell because of the global pandemic,” he said.

The utilities said they are seeing labor costs rise in the form of overtime, sick time due to prolonged illness, and employee sequestration. They also claim they are paying high costs for cleaning supplies, health care, testing and temperature checks, personal protection equipment, and equipment and supplies to enable employees to work from home. Other costs include uncollectible or bad debt expense associated with some customers’ inability to pay bills.

Altogether, the increased expenses are “having substantial adverse financial impacts” on the utilities, the petition said. The utilities added that many businesses may not be in a position to reopen after the emergency recedes, and that production, supply chain and markets have been disrupted.

In addition to IPL and Duke Energy, the petitioners included Indiana Michigan Power Co., Northern Indiana Public Service Co. and Vectren. The smaller gas companies on the petition were Indiana Gas Co., Indiana Natural Gas Corp., Midwest Natural Gas Corp., Ohio Valley Gas Corp., Ohio Valley Gas, Southern Indiana Gas & Electric Co. and Sycamore Gas Co...

Hmmmm Let me see here...

All people are not at work, but some are.

The buildings are still being heated, along with power needs

People who are working from home and along with other family members being home are having a higher power usage than normal.

So not only do they want their cake and eat yours also, they want to try and profit off it, buy charging you for power and gas not used.

If anyone in the IURC or Indiana government approves this BS, there will be a uprising of epic proportions.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What happened to “we’re all in this together”? I thought we were all supposed to sacrifice a little now to flatten the curve or beat the spread or whatever they were chanting at the time.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    What happened to “we’re all in this together”? I thought we were all supposed to sacrifice a little now to flatten the curve or beat the spread or whatever they were chanting at the time.

I think you're confusing flattening the curve with fattening the curve.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    For the low low price of $54.95, you can own a brand new box of 50 3-ply pieces of toilet paper with loosely attached elastic bands to put on your face. Don't know what they are good for, as they probably won't stop a fart. But they likely meet the requirements for Menard's mask policy. (That's convenient)

Did I say $54.95? Well, they would be $48.91 with Menard's silly 11% mail-in rebate. Except that when you add them to your cart for online purchase, there is also a processing fee and about $10 shipping that brings you to over $70 with tax.

I don't mind Menard's mask policy, but this is pure profiteering. And these "masks" are practically useless. The functional equivalent of Charmin and Scotch tape. Charmin may be more effective.

It's expensive to play pandemic theater. :):

ripoff.jpg

Top Bottom