2YbfVw4.jpg

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Did a run to Costco. Southside Indy had tp, paper towels, and bread. Didn't notice any sanitizer, but I didn't look really hard, either.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Hit Meijer (Portage) after work today
    Absolutely no chicken(including frozen patties, strips, etc.), TP, Paper Towels, wipes, or sanitizers. Beef and pork both very slim pickings. Breakfast sausage also slim.
    Was able to score a few more slabs of baby back ribs and a couple pork shoulders. Grabbed a few more pounds of bacon as well. All the less expensive bacon was gone, but I usually splurge on the good stuff anyway.
    Also noticed that coffee was pretty slim pickings as well as saran wrap and aluminum foil.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Wife hit Z-ville Aldi's Wednesday.

Brought home pork loins, stew beef, hamburger, fresh chicken breasts, chicken strips (salad, mmmmm...) and much other goodness (veggies, yuck). She did say that some meat items were in short supply.

Me, I stare at a screen in the hopes of keeping the paycheck and benefits alive a little longer...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Hit Meijer (Portage) after work today
    Absolutely no chicken(including frozen patties, strips, etc.), TP, Paper Towels, wipes, or sanitizers. Beef and pork both very slim pickings. Breakfast sausage also slim.
    Was able to score a few more slabs of baby back ribs and a couple pork shoulders. Grabbed a few more pounds of bacon as well. All the less expensive bacon was gone, but I usually splurge on the good stuff anyway.
    Also noticed that coffee was pretty slim pickings as well as saran wrap and aluminum foil.

At my local store, they replaced chicken with ground turkey. :puke:

Actually, since I think about it, a (complete) turkey sounds good...

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    At my local store, they replaced chicken with ground turkey. :puke:

Actually, since I think about it, a (complete) turkey sounds good...

They did the same thing here. Decent amount of that and a few breasts and whole turkeys too. Already have 2 twenty pounders in the deep freezer along with some breasts so I didn't bother with any of that

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hey, what's a good price for beef tenderloin? Meijer is going to have it for $6.99 lb starting Sunday 05/03.

Holy crap, that's cheap Snap! I know where I'll be Sunday morning when Meijer opens. Used to be a grocery store (Atlas) down here in Broadripple (that's where Letterman used to work as a bag boy as a kid) that always had whole tenderloins for $4.89/lb for years, when it was at least $9.99/lb elsewhere. They're closed now. I learned to cut steaks back in my restaurant days. Mmmm... filet mignon... :drool: Hell, I'll throw meat away to make room for that if I have to! :):

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Holy crap, that's cheap Snap! I know where I'll be Sunday morning when Meijer opens. Used to be a grocery store (Atlas) down here in Broadripple (that's where Letterman used to work as a bag boy as a kid) that always had whole tenderloins for $4.89/lb for years, when it was at least $9.99/lb elsewhere. They're closed now. I learned to cut steaks back in my restaurant days. Mmmm... filet mignon... :drool: Hell, I'll throw meat away to make room for that if I have to! :):
    Check the ad in your area first. I had to put in my zip code to look at the online ad.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And no, I'm not hoarding. I just haven't had filet mignon in years. I'd be jumping on this, virus or not! I just need to make sure I've got plenty of freezer bags. :) Thanks for the heads up Snap!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I've never had good luck with those tenderloins myself.

To me the vac pac tenderloins dont come close to a true filet. Never near as tender. Usually way fattier and dealing with the silver skin can be a pita.

We will have filet 2-3 times per month
    We don't go out to eat so that is our treat. It's a whole lot cheaper, even at $20 per lb than getting 3 filet dinners at a restaurant, and always better with bigger portions when I make it. I always get hand cut from the butcher.

They do work good for steak fajitas though, which is usually what I end up doing with them whenever i do buy them

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Lunchtime frustrations trying to be essential in Fort Wayne.

PNC to deposit a check for work. Two drive through lines four deep with no movement for five minutes. It is as if those people were trying to process a mortgage through the pneumatic tube. Luckily I was at the back and able to escape. Went to another PNC branch and was in and out quick.

Went to my local small town banker next and he met me at the door to get some loan documents. This guy is on it and had a 98% success rate getting his business customers PPP loans.

Next to two hardware stores for supplies to build sneeze shields for receptionists. Plexiglass sold out but ordered for next week. Brackets I ordered Tuesday had not arrived yet so next week too. My sample shield earlier this week turned out well.

Traffic was awful. Can’t believe how many people are out doing non-essential stuff.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've never had good luck with those tenderloins myself.

To me the vac pac tenderloins dont come close to a true filet. Never near as tender. Usually way fattier and dealing with the silver skin can be a pita.

We will have filet 2-3 times per month
    We don't go out to eat so that is our treat. It's a whole lot cheaper, even at $20 per lb than getting 3 filet dinners at a restaurant, and always better with bigger portions when I make it. I always get hand cut from the butcher.

They do work good for steak fajitas though, which is usually what I end up doing with them whenever i do buy them

I don't have any problem trimming them up and removing the silver skin. Like I said though, I used to cut steaks for a couple of restaurants that I worked for, so I learned how to do it. At one small mom 'n pop restaurant (the owner had no idea how to run a restaurant - it was a new startup), they bought beef tenderloins to make "tenderloin" sandwiches with... like fried pork tenderloins! I quickly informed him of his error. :): Those would have been some pricey "tenderloins" though!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Lunchtime frustrations trying to be essential in Fort Wayne.

PNC to deposit a check for work. Two drive through lines four deep with no movement for five minutes. It is as if those people were trying to process a mortgage through the pneumatic tube. Luckily I was at the back and able to escape. Went to another PNC branch and was in and out quick.

Went to my local small town banker next and he met me at the door to get some loan documents. This guy is on it and had a 98% success rate getting his business customers PPP loans.

Next to two hardware stores for supplies to build sneeze shields for receptionists. Plexiglass sold out but ordered for next week. Brackets I ordered Tuesday had not arrived yet so next week too. My sample shield earlier this week turned out well.

Traffic was awful. Can’t believe how many people are out doing non-essential stuff.

My old credit union sent out an email telling people to expect long lines at the drive through lanes, even telling people not to block traffic if the line extended out to the road.

I was out this afternoon and the traffic seemed really heavy for 465 at 2:30 in the afternoon. Lots of "clumps" of semis slowing things down and idiots weaving in and out of traffic trying to run 80 when everybody else was already doing 70 (in a 55).

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    My old credit union sent out an email telling people to expect long lines at the drive through lanes, even telling people not to block traffic if the line extended out to the road.
    I have a feeling it was a dumba** manager error. They closed the walk in lobby but did not beef up the drive through staffing. Of course it could have been a dumba** customer, but in both lanes?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Sign.jpg

Southport Menards (Indy) on Sunday 5/2. Lots of (probably) non-essential shopping going on.

Mask usage = 99%. PROPER mask usage = 70% or so. :)

Crowd.jpg

Sunday 5/2 at Lowes in Beech Grove. I've never seen it so busy on a Sunday. Stay at home order? Pfffft. :):

Line.jpg

Today at the ever-popular Fast Wok in Indianapolis near Washington Square mall. One might think these people are nuts, but I've had Fast Wok and I understand. :)

(It's always like this, but the line is usually inside.)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    That $6.99 lb beef tenderloin from Meijer is the best I've ever had. Will be picking up a couple more on Wednesday after my Dr appt. On sale through Saturday.

Top Bottom