• ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Capture.jpg

Try not to get pulled over in Lebanon. :)

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...non-police-officer-test-positive-for-covid-19

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Purdue President Mitch Daniels describes campus plans for fall semester in column

...Purdue University President Mitch Daniels wrote that not opening campus for in-person classes in the fall semester would be "an unacceptable breach of duty."

Daniels, who previously penned a letter to the Purdue community describing plans to host in-person classes in the fall, wrote in the Post that the university's 45,000 students want to be on-campus and the COVID-19 pandemic "poses a near-zero risk to young people." He added that it will be Purdue's challenge to protect the minority on campus who could be at serious risk to the illness...

..."Forty-five thousand young people — the biggest student population we’ve ever had — are telling us they want to be here this fall," Daniels wrote. "To tell them, 'Sorry, we are too incompetent or too fearful to figure out how to protect your elders, so you have to disrupt your education,' would be a gross disservice to them and a default of our responsibility."...

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Indiana regulators agree to hear utility request to raise rates in wake of pandemic losses

...Two weeks after 10 Indiana utilities asked state regulators for permission to charge ratepayers for millions of dollars in revenue the utilities stand to lose because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the state has agreed to consider the matter.

The Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission on Wednesday ordered an investigation into the impact of the pandemic on utilities and ratepayers, opening the next stage in a matter that has gained widespread interest, with thousands of consumers writing letters and emails protesting the request from Indianapolis Power & Light Co., Duke Energy Inc. and other electric and gas companies across the state to recover revenue shortfalls from consumers.

The IURC investigation also will consider a request from the Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor seeking certain ratepayer protections, including an extension of utility disconnections beyond the state’s June 30 moratorium and the waiver of all deposits, late fees, convenience fees and reconnection fees.

The IURC did not say whether it would extend the shutoff moratorium, but instead requested further information from utilities and other interested parties.

The two matters will be rolled into one investigation, and the IURC said it will conduct the probe in two phases. In the first phase, it is requesting information from all parties regarding disconnections, utility fees, and customer payment arrangements. It said it will issue an order prior to the June 30 disconnection moratorium.

In its order, the commission stated, “…it would be unreasonable to expect that the financial, health, and other hardships currently being experienced as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic would immediately disappear upon expiration of any public health declaration or disconnection moratorium.”

The second phase of the investigation will consider the utilities’ request to recover lost revenues from consumers in the form of higher monthly bills. The IURC hinted the matter is complex and could require a lengthy investigation.

“The commission anticipates that impacts due to the COVID-19 pandemic may not be fully understood for months, if not years, as the effect is ongoing,” the order said...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Purdue President Mitch Daniels describes campus plans for fall semester in column

...Purdue University President Mitch Daniels wrote that not opening campus for in-person classes in the fall semester would be "an unacceptable breach of duty."

Daniels, who previously penned a letter to the Purdue community describing plans to host in-person classes in the fall, wrote in the Post that the university's 45,000 students want to be on-campus and the COVID-19 pandemic "poses a near-zero risk to young people." He added that it will be Purdue's challenge to protect the minority on campus who could be at serious risk to the illness...

..."Forty-five thousand young people — the biggest student population we’ve ever had — are telling us they want to be here this fall," Daniels wrote. "To tell them, 'Sorry, we are too incompetent or too fearful to figure out how to protect your elders, so you have to disrupt your education,' would be a gross disservice to them and a default of our responsibility."...

Damned if he wouldn't make a good president...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Indianapolis reopening: City enters modified Stage 3 June 1

...Indianapolis Mayor Joe Hogsett and Marion County Public Health Department Director Virginia Caine announced Wednesday that starting May 29, places of worship can resume indoor service at 50% capacity with social distancing in place and mandatory face coverings....

...Hogsett said. "And to those who disagree with science or the style of wearing masks in public, I have an even simpler message. You're simply wrong."...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Indianapolis reopening: City enters modified Stage 3 June 1

...Indianapolis Mayor Joe Hogsett and Marion County Public Health Department Director Virginia Caine announced Wednesday that starting May 29, places of worship can resume indoor service at 50% capacity with social distancing in place and mandatory face coverings....

...Hogsett said. "And to those who disagree with science or the style of wearing masks in public, I have an even simpler message. You're simply wrong."...

OBEY ME! SCIENCE!

OBEY THE DICK...

...TATOR...

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Damned if he wouldn't make a good president...

Never happen which is a shame. He's a decent man and would be destroyed by the press because he isn't a Democrat. Also, he takes his marriage too seriously and didn't run in 2016 after considering the effects on his family.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Never happen which is a shame. He's a decent man and would be destroyed by the press because he isn't a Democrat. Also, he takes his marriage too seriously and didn't run in 2016 after considering the effects on his family.

And looking at how they treat the Trump family, I'm sure he is glad he didn't...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

He's too smart to want to be president.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    1st trip to the grocery in 2-3? weeks. All the staff wearing masks, some with noses hanging out.

The atmosphere was decent and friendly with more customers not wearing masks than were. Smiles!

:xmad: Apparently there are no longer 10/$10 hot dogs.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Needed to take a vehicle to the shop for a check up so I also made my first grocery run in 4 weeks, the second since February when this whole show started.

At the shop no one was wearing a mask, not the personnel or the customers though most everyone was using social distancing and all the employees were being very conscious of cleanliness including wiping down the sales desk and card reader after each customer. When it came time to pay they handed over a receipt to sign and said keep the pen.

At the grocery about 90% of folks had on masks and all of the employees did. I wore my old (1970's) OD army sling that I wear like a bandits mask; I used it in the Army to filter silt dust while driving a tank, it's old and stained but still cool and bonus I can wear it without people thinking I'm there to rob the place. It took three trips to the store and vehicle but I should be good till July at least now.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Welp, this thread took on a new meaning.

I'm fare from downtown.... thank goodness.

It seems the arrested rioters here were mostly white - word is the riots are being led by one or more agitators that came from MI.

Top Bottom