• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I too have noticed shortages in multiple checkout lanes for the past several weeks. Odd.
    Mama went to Kroger in Plymouth today. She said only self check out lanes were open and there were about 30 people in line and very few employees visible.
    She waited about 1/2 hr and finally left her cart sitting

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Mama went to Kroger in Plymouth today. She said only self check out lanes were open and there were about 30 people in line and very few employees visible.
    She waited about 1/2 hr and finally left her cart sitting
    I'll be up in her neck of the woods next week. Renting a lake cottage since we cant go to our normal beachfront cottage in Canada.

Stupid virus.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's nothing fancy, but when you're up here try Mi Camino's for Mexican food in Plymouth.
    It's usually pretty tasty, I like the Tacos El Pastor and a Dos Equies on tap
    Definitely! Thanks for the tip. Hows the pizza over by the beach in Culver? We always like trying new places. And we have a chain of restaurants here that are the same. No frills Mexican, but damn good. And even when the chains were freaking out and having 60 min + waits, we could be in and out there in the blink of an eye.

And we very may well just eat in every day. One of the things we enjoy about Pelee Island is the isolation. We go up there, spend all our time on the beach or on the docks fishing because other than the Winery and a couple restaurants and souvenir shops, there isnt anything to do that is traditionally a vacation thing. And its glorious. . And this was going to be my first year taking my boat up to fish just offshore where the bigger ones are. And speaking of isolation, we joked that we could still go even with the border closed; We would voluntarily quarantine in our beach house. After all thats what we do every year. LOL

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Definitely! Thanks for the tip. Hows the pizza over by the beach in Culver? We always like trying new places. And we have a chain of restaurants here that are the same. No frills Mexican, but damn good. And even when the chains were freaking out and having 60 min + waits, we could be in and out there in the blink of an eye.

And we very may well just eat in every day. One of the things we enjoy about Pelee Island is the isolation. We go up there, spend all our time on the beach or on the docks fishing because other than the Winery and a couple restaurants and souvenir shops, there isnt anything to do that is traditionally a vacation thing. And its glorious. . And this was going to be my first year taking my boat up to fish just offshore where the bigger ones are. And speaking of isolation, we joked that we could still go even with the border closed; We would voluntarily quarantine in our beach house. After all thats what we do every year. LOL
    No clue about the pizza, I could probably count on one hand how many times I've been to Culver

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    There are some good places to stop in Culver, nice upscale town.

Cafe Max
    Original Root Beer Stand (for your served at the curb root beer experience overlooking the lake)>
    Lakehouse Grille (very good)
    For Pizza it's Bourbon Street Pizza or Papa's
    For Italian it's Lucrezia Trattoria

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No newspaper this morning, and they are not even going to try and get us one. Their reason? Paper shortage.
    It's not a good sign when the paper runs out of paper.
    No charge for the lack of a newspaper? Or will they keep your subscription as-is and hope you dont notice you are paying for a paper you didnt get?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    No charge for the lack of a newspaper? Or will they keep your subscription as-is and hope you dont notice you are paying for a paper you didnt get?
    Did they give you a web address where you could go and print it out for yourself?
    Of course, apply purple as desired!

ETA oops, replied to wrong person!

Last edited:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I was in the Whitestown Meijer yesterday, and they had no lemon juice of any brand. No non-store brand coffee filters, and many places appeared to have light supply, with one or two rows of product pulled to the front of the shelf.

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    I was in the Whitestown Meijer yesterday, and they had no lemon juice of any brand. No non-store brand coffee filters, and many places appeared to have light supply, with one or two rows of product pulled to the front of the shelf.
    Yeah, that Meijer has gotten bad. We had been looking for some of our usual stuff there for a few weeks with no luck on a restock. Finally hit Target on Michigan Rd today after work and got everything we'd been waiting for and then some...

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Meijer in Portage now has limits on some meats including prepackaged deli meat, tp, paper towels, and a few other things as well.
    If you didn't learn your lesson the first time better start stocking up now

Top Bottom