• ...and so much more!
  • finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Louisville metro area (healthcare update):
    Cases and deaths are rising pretty quickly. Hospitals are talking about going back to elective surgeries only and the number of workers on furlough is increasing. No fatalities in my dept, but so far we've had a few people lose family members. Being dominated by women, some are taking leaves of absence for childcare due to the school/ daycare situation. Supply chain is mostly good so far with about a week delay on some common high-use items despite ;ower overall volumes of surgeries. We aren't seeing the extreme rationing of PPE we saw in the Spring, but the quality of PPE remains sketchy (cheaper, thinner shoe covers/ head covers, non 3M N95s, etc). Haven't heard anyone say they've been turned down for testing in a while. Local talk is all about the upcoming vaccine and who will be the first to get it. Vaccine is still voluntary at this time.

Non-Healthcare:
    Stores are beginning to limit capacity. Mask use in stores is really high, probably over 80%. Like everywhere else, more restaurants and bars are closing up for good. Stores are well-stocked for the most part with some interesting exceptions (difficult to find salami for whatever reason, common dog foods) but restocking times seem to be getting longer.
    USPS has really slowed down in the region, probably due to both abnormally high volume and the combination of quarantine measures. A two day priority package I shipped to another INGO member sat in the post office for nearly a week before being finally being sent to the distribution hub, where it still is. Gun prices seem to somewhere between pre-panic retail and the prices we are seeing online. Ammo is scarce as can be expected.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Louisville metro area (healthcare update):
    Cases and deaths are rising pretty quickly. Hospitals are talking about going back to elective surgeries only and the number of workers on furlough is increasing. No fatalities in my dept, but so far we've had a few people lose family members. Being dominated by women, some are taking leaves of absence for childcare due to the school/ daycare situation. Supply chain is mostly good so far with about a week delay on some common high-use items despite ;ower overall volumes of surgeries. We aren't seeing the extreme rationing of PPE we saw in the Spring, but the quality of PPE remains sketchy (cheaper, thinner shoe covers/ head covers, non 3M N95s, etc). Haven't heard anyone say they've been turned down for testing in a while. Local talk is all about the upcoming vaccine and who will be the first to get it. Vaccine is still voluntary at this time.

Non-Healthcare:
    Stores are beginning to limit capacity. Mask use in stores is really high, probably over 80%. Like everywhere else, more restaurants and bars are closing up for good. Stores are well-stocked for the most part with some interesting exceptions (difficult to find salami for whatever reason, common dog foods) but restocking times seem to be getting longer.
    USPS has really slowed down in the region, probably due to both abnormally high volume and the combination of quarantine measures. A two day priority package I shipped to another INGO member sat in the post office for nearly a week before being finally being sent to the distribution hub, where it still is. Gun prices seem to somewhere between pre-panic retail and the prices we are seeing online. Ammo is scarce as can be expected.

Very thorough report.....thanks for taking the time ! :yesway:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    12/5/2020 Zionsville / Whitestown Meijer

Zionsville / Whitestown Meijer - shortages and purchase limits are starting to appear again.

Last evening:

> Paper towel shelves were empty of major brands. Only the really cheaply made off brands in stock.

> Packaged meats and cheeses aisle had signs hanging above all the coolers, "Limit 2 per item"

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    I stopped by the True Value store in Plymouth today and was happy to see the display cases and walls full. No sales going on and MSRP no doubt. Some handgun and rifle ammo at MSRP+ prices. I guess if the dealers want it, they pay a premium too. No affilliation here.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Walmart in the Fort is out of change! At least the one on SR3 and Dupont. The self-check stations are credit/debit only.

The cash registers automatically round up to the nearest dollar when returning change.

Lots of holes on the shelves, weird stuff happening again. Or is it continuing to happen?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think the self checks is lazy. If they dont have to worry about stocking/purging the machines, its less effort on their part.

Hell, they cant even always staff the uscans properly. I waited for almost 5 minutes one day for an age verification because one person was in charge of the 8 lanes in the bullpen, plus 4 more of the higher volume self checks with the belts. The second time it happened I waited for 2 minutes, and the cashier showed up 6' away from me at the first belt register. I got her attention and told her I needed an approval. She said just a second and walked away. I lost sight of her around halfway down the registers near where the service desk is. (nowhere near the uscans she was in charge of) I waited 30 seconds and she didnt reappear. So I walked away leaving my order.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    I think the self checks is lazy. If they dont have to worry about stocking/purging the machines, its less effort on their part.

Hell, they cant even always staff the uscans properly. I waited for almost 5 minutes one day for an age verification because one person was in charge of the 8 lanes in the bullpen, plus 4 more of the higher volume self checks with the belts. The second time it happened I waited for 2 minutes, and the cashier showed up 6' away from me at the first belt register. I got her attention and told her I needed an approval. She said just a second and walked away. I lost sight of her around halfway down the registers near where the service desk is. (nowhere near the uscans she was in charge of) I waited 30 seconds and she didnt reappear. So I walked away leaving my order.
    Can't stand the self check outs...seems like another way for Walmart, etc to put people out of work!

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I asked what was up with Uscan lanes. The cashier told me that they don't have the cash/change in-store to refill the machines. When I asked more questions they told me about them rounding up the give-back change to the nearest dollar.

More and more I am reminded of this meme:
    Ronameme.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This is worth keeping an eye on. The dems need us in panic to steal another election. They'll do everything they can to keep us scared :poop:less for the next 2-4 years...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's not necessarily a "scheme". My local Kroger has had to make some self-check lanes "card only" because there are some, shall we say "characters" that live in the crap hole apartments next door that were using them as their personal ATMs. I watched one of them argue with two different saggy-britches guys that were buying like a package of Kool-aid and trying to get $100 back. She ran them off and they were none to happy about it.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    At least I know where all the change is going - in the paypost at my work. We pull more than $20 in change out of that several times a week. I think we are singlehandedly supplying our local bank branch with change.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    I've got one of those five gallon jugs they use on watercoolers. Only about 10% full. I was saving my change for a special purchase.
    One of these days I'll go thru the coins to pull out pre 83(?) Pennies and any silver.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Lots of holes on the shelves, weird stuff happening again. Or is it continuing to happen?

I’m getting a slow trickle of reports coming in nationwide of empty/picked-over shelves. Eastern Tennessee, Seattle, California and New Jersey were the first ones to report problems. I think we’re starting to see Round #2 hit. Delta variant and masking/lockdown concerns are driving folks out to panic buy.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I’m getting a slow trickle of reports coming in nationwide of empty/picked-over shelves. Eastern Tennessee, Seattle, California and New Jersey were the first ones to report problems. I think we’re starting to see Round #2 hit. Delta variant and masking/lockdown concerns are driving folks out to panic buy.
    I have eight 12-roll packs plus an 18-roll pack of toilet paper. I'm ready for anything! (Not the least of which is a really bad bout of diarrhea, or a colonoscopy prep.) :):

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Chewing gum? The rack for bulk packs of chewing gum in the candy isle was pretty wiped out.

Last week, the egg section was decimated, there were only six or so 18-packs of brown eggs on the shelf. This week the egg section was half full.

Canned vegetables and spaghetti sauce was pretty spotty. Frozen foods were hit pretty hard as well. The OJ section has been hit and miss for the last several months.

Panic buying, supply-chain problems, now change shortages again? Is this what they meant by, "The new normal"?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Chewing gum? The rack for bulk packs of chewing gum in the candy isle was pretty wiped out.

Last week, the egg section was decimated, there were only six or so 18-packs of brown eggs on the shelf. This week the egg section was half full.

Canned vegetables and spaghetti sauce was pretty spotty. Frozen foods were hit pretty hard as well. The OJ section has been hit and miss for the last several months.

Panic buying, supply-chain problems, now change shortages again? Is this what they meant by, "The new normal"?

I'm not so sure it's concerns over another lock down right now. I think the issue is a production/distribution problem.

Too many darn people still trying to suck off the teet of the government and get that "easy" money. Stop and think, why go to work, pay for gas, lunch and other expenses to go to work when you can stay at home and get the same amount all while watchign TV all day and eating Cheetos.

Which sucks cause I've been fighting for disability since it was determined that I'll never get back to normal post mini stroke and 2 foot operations.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I'm not so sure it's concerns over another lock down right now. I think the issue is a production/distribution problem.

Too many darn people still trying to suck off the teet of the government and get that "easy" money. Stop and think, why go to work, pay for gas, lunch and other expenses to go to work when you can stay at home and get the same amount all while watchign TV all day and eating Cheetos.

Which sucks cause I've been fighting for disability since it was determined that I'll never get back to normal post mini stroke and 2 foot operations.
    ...I don't eat Cheetos any more.

Best of luck to you with your SSD pursuit.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

Yes, IndyBeerman, good luck. It took me two years, two appeals, and a lawyer, but I got approved in December. I would highly recommend watching Jonathan Ginsberg's disability videos on Youtube. His videos prepared me much better for my hearing than my own lawyer did. https://www.youtube.com/user/ginsbergssd

Top Bottom