• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008

Don't agree at all about the P322 trigger compared to the P365 - at least on my guns. The P365 feels like mush almost through its entire pull. After the small amount of take up the P322 is quite crisp. I wish the SA in my P226 was as good.

The P322 has been a fairly accurate pistol for me. Didn't outshoot my MKII or 617 revolver yesterday but still respectable for a flyweight pistol at 25 yards. I had a Sig Zero mounted on it yesterday.

Attachments

• 11 25 yard target.jpg
      11 25 yard target.jpg
      121.2 KB · Views: 14

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The Sig is interesting. But I'd rather have a Trailside ;)
    Critters n targets...........not a plinker or do speed stuff.

My kids might like a general use .22 lr. So may end up with one.
    They enjoy bouncing pop cans or busting clays laying on the backstop.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I thought I'd resurrect this thread after having more experience with my Sig P322. The pistol is far more accurate than I would expect from this kind of pistol (see 25 yard target). I've found that the pistol likes CCI Standard Velocity ammo. It is accurate with Aguila (standard velocity variety) but I get misfires. At this point I'm not sure if it is an ammo problem. It could be that the chamber needs to be cleaned frequently. Speaking of cleaning, the pistol is very easy to field strip and clean. My only dislike at this point is the rear sight windage adjustment is not click adjustable and that makes it hard to get a precise windage setting. The magazine isn't hard to load as long as you pull down enough on the button to insert one cartridge at a time. The magazines feed well and the pistol functions fine with standard velocity ammo, but sometimes the slide doesn't lock back on the last round. More potent ammo would probably alleviate this.
    d9vO6jn.jpg

Jtp8Mvi.jpg
    Note that this group was fired at 25 yards, unsupported, off-hand, with "iron sights". Six rounds,of the ten rounds, make a 1.6" group. The flyers are all me. Ammo used was Aguila Super Extra, 40 gr. bullet, advertised muzzle velocity of 1130 fps.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I thought I'd resurrect this thread after having more experience with my Sig P322. The pistol is far more accurate than I would expect from this kind of pistol (see 25 yard target). I've found that the pistol likes CCI Standard Velocity ammo. It is accurate with Aguila (standard velocity variety) but I get misfires. At this point I'm not sure if it is an ammo problem. It could be that the chamber needs to be cleaned frequently. Speaking of cleaning, the pistol is very easy to field strip and clean. My only dislike at this point is the rear sight windage adjustment is not click adjustable and that makes it hard to get a precise windage setting. The magazine isn't hard to load as long as you pull down enough on the button to insert one cartridge at a time. The magazines feed well and the pistol functions fine with standard velocity ammo, but sometimes the slide doesn't lock back on the last round. More potent ammo would probably alleviate this.
    d9vO6jn.jpg

Jtp8Mvi.jpg
    Note that this group was fired at 25 yards, unsupported, off-hand, with "iron sights". Six rounds,of the ten rounds, make a 1.6" group. The flyers are all me. Ammo used was Aguila Super Extra, 40 gr. bullet, advertised muzzle velocity of 1130 fps.
    I've had good luck with 40gr HV Aquila but misfires are more common with the Aquila HP ammo.. Not sure what the difference is but the 40 gr seems more reliable.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I've had good luck with 40gr HV Aquila but misfires are more common with the Aquila HP ammo.. Not sure what the difference is but the 40 gr seems more reliable.
    My next trip to the range, I'm going with a clean chamber on the Sig P322. I'll see how the Aguila ammo does. The first box of this newer Aguila had no misfires. The duds I had last session all went off after additional hits of the rim. It does seem like the firing pin of the Sig P322 makes lighter primer hits than some other guns, but CCI ignition is very good. If I remember, I'll report back.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I thought I'd resurrect this thread after having more experience with my Sig P322. The pistol is far more accurate than I would expect from this kind of pistol (see 25 yard target). I've found that the pistol likes CCI Standard Velocity ammo.

Nice shooting! I also had some good targets shot with my P322 and CCI std. vel. Also shot a lot of Eley prime Aguila Super Extra std. vel. with good results. I have owned the P322 since June and only encountered one misfire. After loading the round again it fired. Can't remember what brand it was.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The Sig is interesting. But I'd rather have a Trailside ;)
    Critters n targets...........not a plinker or do speed stuff.

My kids might like a general use .22 lr. So may end up with one.
    They enjoy bouncing pop cans or busting clays laying on the backstop.
    I've had all the 22LR pistols & for the kids & general use, the Taurus TX has could fit the bill.
    I can usually get 5/5 rds in 1.75" circles at 21'.

10.07.2022 Range 100% 21 ft Aguila SE SLN 20 of 20.jpg Range 10.28.2022 30 rds on black target.jpg

2nd row is the regular TX 4".
    Range 10.26.2022 Both Comp & Regular 3.75 in..jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    d9vO6jn.jpg

Jtp8Mvi.jpg
    25 yds!!! Outstanding! :thumbsup:
    I couldn't get that many rounds in the "X" at 10 yds. :dunno:
    Nice!!! :thumbsup:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville

What a nightmare.

Isn’t this the sig way. Rushing products and making the consumer pay to be beta testers. Once problems are found they try to correct with rolling updates and will fix your gun but won’t call it a recall. It blows my mind anyone would want a 320 or 365 after their million updates that are nothing more than poor design, manufacturing, qc, and corporate greed.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

What a nightmare.

Interesting. I own a few Sigs and also a P322. I've never had a serious problem with any of their guns and my P322 is very accurate out to 25 yards and the barrel doesn't lead. Every time I've dealt with Sig folks, like the trigger mod., they have been up front and efficient. Of course, I haven't posted negative videos for all to see (even if I knew how). I guess the guy has never heard the old saying, "You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar!" To make a blanket statement about all Sig P322's, like the fellow in the video, is irresponsible and unconvincing to all but the most fervent Sig haters.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Interesting. I own a few Sigs and also a P322. I've never had a serious problem with any of their guns and my P322 is very accurate out to 25 yards and the barrel doesn't lead. Every time I've dealt with Sig folks, like the trigger mod., they have been up front and efficient. Of course, I haven't posted negative videos for all to see (even if I knew how). I guess the guy has never heard the old saying, "You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar!" To make a blanket statement about all Sig P322's, like the fellow in the video, is irresponsible and unconvincing to all but the most fervent Sig haters.
    So it's his fault for recording the issue and posting videos of their bad behavior?
    They got caught treating what they thought was an average Joe dirty, even sent him a torn up refund check. That's pretty childish and not professional at all.
    Maybe more people should start recording their problems with sig and other companies so they improve customer service for all.

IMO I'm glad he exposed their customer service.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I didn’t have any problems with my 322 just wasn’t as good as my tx. I do think sig has been shady for sometime now since trying new things out and living off the reputation of their old metal pistols. The 320 and 365 problems and now the 322 are comical at best for what has always been considered a high quality brand.

I don’t aways agree that it’s best to air dirty laundry but their responses do seem to be worthy of any hate they get.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    So it's his fault for recording the issue and posting videos of their bad behavior?
    They got caught treating what they thought was an average Joe dirty, even sent him a torn up refund check. That's pretty childish and not professional at all.
    Maybe more people should start recording their problems with sig and other companies so they improve customer service for all.

IMO I'm glad he exposed their customer service.
    I don't deny that the dude seemed to have problems with his P322. I think he says that he made videos at the beginning and let Sig know. If I were Sig, I might think that this was a type of bullying to get preferential treatment. Does this dude make money from videos? There is no evidence that Sig tore up the check, but the dude infers that they did. Like I said, I haven't had issues with Sig customer service or any of their pistols. None of them are safe queens. I have put a lot of rounds through all of them. I expect if every satisfied Sig customer made a video, that there would be a flood of them. How many plastic Sigs have you had trouble with? How about Sig customer service?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I don't deny that the dude seemed to have problems with his P322. I think he says that he made videos at the beginning and let Sig know. If I were Sig, I might think that this was a type of bullying to get preferential treatment. Does this dude make money from videos? There is no evidence that Sig tore up the check, but the dude infers that they did. Like I said, I haven't had issues with Sig customer service or any of their pistols. None of them are safe queens. I have put a lot of rounds through all of them. I expect if every satisfied Sig customer made a video, that there would be a flood of them. How many plastic Sigs have you had trouble with? How about Sig customer service?
    He had an ongoing issue with his. It never got fixed, his video taping should have been. A great moment for sig to shine not throw it away like they did.

He was very kind and understanding until they ran him around Robin Hoods barn.

I let Rock Island know I was going to post about their customer service and they did a great job and I gave them a good review.

I see him telling them in advance so they knew what he was doing so it wouldn't be a surprise. They totally blew it.

Lol no evidence that they tore up the check. Who did then? The Post office? I highly doubt that.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    He had an ongoing issue with his. It never got fixed, his video taping should have been. A great moment for sig to shine not throw it away like they did.

He was very kind and understanding until they ran him around Robin Hoods barn.

I let Rock Island know I was going to post about their customer service and they did a great job and I gave them a good review.

I see him telling them in advance so they knew what he was doing so it wouldn't be a surprise. They totally blew it.

Lol no evidence that they tore up the check. Who did then? The Post office? I highly doubt that.
    People threatening me never got them anywhere, so I think that was the case here. Although he admittedly didn't get the perceived problem with his pistol resolved to his satisfaction, he got his money back. That is a rarity. I've received torn up mail in a USPS envelope before. It happens. He tells people that all Sig P322 pistols are junk. Well they aren't.

Top Bottom