• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    It was also my experience the the LCP2 & the PPK/S were not very accurate.
    The Glock 44 did better, but not enough to for me to keep mine that I bought new, which I rarely buy anything new.
    I actually liked the "feel" of the Glock 44 better than this Sig 322.
    I get you with your remark, "but it will be different enough" being a good reason to have a another gun in the safe, haha!
    Actually mine shoot good for being tiny pocket pistols with not so great triggers but the larger SIG P322 with an optic should be much easier for me to shoot accurately. I have to tilt my head way back and find the sweet spot with my glasses to get any kind of sight picture with open sights!

Attachments

• 22s PPKS and LCP II.jpg
      22s PPKS and LCP II.jpg
      147.1 KB · Views: 5

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Red dot size is something I am debating on my 322 whether a 3 or 6. I am 76 yrs old , eyes are not the best. I will be shooting mostly steel for fun outdoors at about 25-30 ft. I have used a 3 on a Ruger mk 4 and a Sig 365 and was ok but wonder if a 6 would be easier to aquire. Not shooting timed. Voice your thoughts please.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Actually mine shoot good for being tiny pocket pistols with not so great triggers but the larger SIG P322 with an optic should be much easier for me to shoot accurately. I have to tilt my head way back and find the sweet spot with my glasses to get any kind of sight picture with open sights!
    Those are good targets for those small guns.
    I shot from only 15 feet using them & other mini-guns like the Sig 938-22LR & the little Bersa 22LR,
    You'll love the bigger Sig 322 since it is light years ahead in accuracy getting 5/5 rounds in 1.75" circles at 21' 73% of the time even with my old eyes & hands.

Last edited:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Modified one of my tx22 loaders to work with the 322. Load like a tradional mag and don’t have to touch the tabs to pull spring down AEC4AB19-CF43-4F58-A37D-DA584790CEA2.jpeg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Red dot size is something I am debating on my 322 whether a 3 or 6. I am 76 yrs old , eyes are not the best. I will be shooting mostly steel for fun outdoors at about 25-30 ft. I have used a 3 on a Ruger mk 4 and a Sig 365 and was ok but wonder if a 6 would be easier to aquire. Not shooting timed. Voice your thoughts please.
    To give you a non-direct answer: it depends.

Everyone seems to view red dots optics different. I have just a tad of astigmatism and eyes that are 20 years older than the rest me (according to my eye doctor). A 3 moa red dot ends up about a 6 moa. I prefer a smaller dot and then adjust the brightness for the conditions.

For my eyes, I find the Holosun products agreeable in both optics and price point.

The Holosun 507c X2 ACSS Vulcan works quite well for me. Easy to find the dot/chevron especially for someone like me that does not train enough for a dot to become second nature.

Your mileage may vary...

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Sounds like the key to loading the 322 mags is only lower the tabs enough for one round, no gap for free falls.
    I've found that's a good idea on any of the hi-cap (over 10 rounds) 22 mags.. I've not had any problems with the 322 other than when using Rem golden bullet bullet buckets. So far I'm even more impressed with the 322 than the TX.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I don’t know where i stand in the p322 vs tx yet. Love all the features on the sig but at the price I would expect those things. It helps a little the tx has gone up in price a little. I got my first one right at 200 after rebate but try not to think of it as a 200 gun and the sig at 400. By that comparison I’d take the tx all day. The troubles doddg had worry me some but I haven’t had any problems thst werent totally dud rounds with probably 600 rounds through it at this point. I can’t say one negative about the tx or the sig. I can’t make myself like one Less because I like the other. One area I do like sig better for sure is fit in my hand. I think that is super subjective but is a selling point for me

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I’m leaning the same way. If the mags were fool proof like the tx it would be an easy choice for me especially since they are relatively close in price.

I don’t know where i stand in the p322 vs tx yet. Love all the features on the sig but at the price I would expect those things. It helps a little the tx has gone up in price a little. I got my first one right at 200 after rebate but try not to think of it as a 200 gun and the sig at 400. By that comparison I’d take the tx all day. The troubles doddg had worry me some but I haven’t had any problems thst werent totally dud rounds with probably 600 rounds through it at this point. I can’t say one negative about the tx or the sig. I can’t make myself like one Less because I like the other. One area I do like sig better for sure is fit in my hand. I think that is super subjective but is a selling point for me
    Let me sum up my opinion so there is no misunderstanding.
    I think the Sig 322 is a fine gun.
    I like it.
    It shoots very well & meets my standards for 5/5 rounds in my 1.75" circles.

I choose not to buy one at this time because I have many other guns shooting the same or better so for me, I can wait till I pick up a used one.
    I did jump on the Glock 44 bandwagon & really enjoyed it, but after over 2000 rounds, I let it go for the same reasons.

I like to buy a used gun & play with it, sell it & move on to the next one.
    In the future I could buy a used 322 & enjoy it, just not in a hurry to do so.
    After all, I've owned multiples of the Ruger Mark 4, SW Victory, Browning Buckmarks & many more.
    Some I don't have presently & others I still have.

My issue of getting FTL b/c my loading a mag properly so as the rounds to line up not lead to a FTL is my problem.
    I mention it to those on INGO so they will be warned to be extra careful loading.

I once had a 22 rifle magazine that if you weren't careful, all of a sudden the rounds loaded already in the mag would shoot out from the magazine all over the bench w/o rhyme or reason. :scratch:
    Probably just me, but never had that happen with any of a 100 other mags, haha!:lmfao:

As others buy the 322, don't be reluctant to say if mine was a unique experience & not your own. :thumbsup:
    Next time I shoot a friend's 322, I will try harder, haha!

tim7431

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2022
    Valparaiso
    Ok...so I took my bday present to the range. Put about 200 rds down range and overall I'm happy. Very fun to shoot. Is it better than my TX22? I would say even. Had 2 failure to feed.. not sure if ammo or mag loading issues. I will say that my Browning is more accurate by far. I think this is going to be a suppressor host.

Attachments

• 2EDC9062-C22D-4DE4-93CE-D327FCD446BF.jpeg
      2EDC9062-C22D-4DE4-93CE-D327FCD446BF.jpeg
      480.2 KB · Views: 3

tim7431

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2022
    Valparaiso
    Anyone that has one already...Is it worth paying $450?
    Honestly...it's a toss up between it and the TX-22. But I love Sigs, so I'll take it over a Taurus any day. My wife and kids got mine for $399 @ Bass Pro. The TX-22 does not have an optics cut slide and I think the sights & trigger are slightly better on the 322. and of course it does have 20 round mags. Also the Taurus only came with one magazine. so I guess $100 difference is worth it.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Honestly...it's a toss up between it and the TX-22. But I love Sigs, so I'll take it over a Taurus any day. My wife and kids got mine for $399 @ Bass Pro. The TX-22 does not have an optics cut slide and I think the sights & trigger are slightly better on the 322. and of course it does have 20 round mags. Also the Taurus only came with one magazine. so I guess $100 difference is worth it.
    Anyone that has one already...Is it worth paying $450?

Was worth it to me. I even paid a little more than that bc it was first one I had seen. Worth every penny. Just like the tx22. You get a few more features and the sig name. To many people that’s worth the extra. In terms of quality of firearm for the money the tx22 gives you more bang for the buck.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Took Zachcz's Sig 322 back to the range today w/o the red dot, just using the "iron" sights.
    Totally enjoyable time.
    Only had 1/105 FTL & that was near the end, so I'm thinking I just wasn't careful that once.

21" @ 1.75" circles on a rest.
    I used Federal AutoMatch, 40 grain, 1200 FPS, SLN
    5 rds per 16 circles = 80 rounds on this target.
    Scores for each row: 90%, 95%, 90% & 100%
    and
    all 16 circles on the page averaged 94%.
    Last time using the red dot the scores were: 93%, 94%, 95% & 98%.
    Range 5.05.2022 Sig 322 iron sights 21ft.jpg

I did 25 practice rounds to adjust the iron sights.
    I didn't have to touch them!
    This was the "cherry-picked" one, on a 11/16" red circle, not quite 3/4"
    Range 5.05.2022 Sig 322 iron sights 21ft. 11.16ths in less than .74 in.jpg

Top Bottom