• ...and so much more!
  • SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    When stacked right, there will be a slight angle upwards of all rounds.
    I would do the normal things like pulling the tab beside the follower on the side of the magazine only far enough to insert 1 round, not pulling it way down & dropping the round into the magazine.

Something I learned to do when you get your mag is 1/2 full:
    - pull the tab all the way down then turn the magazine upside down & hopefully they will
    fall "lined up" properly, then bring the tab up to the last round (which is the 1st one put into the magazine), then continue putting more rounds into mag.
    I sometimes would turn it upside down a couple of times while loading mag.
    I rarely shot an entire magazine w/o a failure to load.
    When I would check, the next round would be angled down.
    3 times I had a stovepipe in a magazine with a round that didn't load.
    I had 15/440 failures to load.
    Had 2 magazines with no failures of any kind.
    5 times there was just 1 FTL with a magazine.
    2 times there were 2 FTL with a magazine.
    2 times there were 3 FTL with a magazine.
    (math doesn't add up above but I'm going to bed, haha!)

Despite my best efforts the pics below show a loading error.
    It leads to a FTL (load) since the angle of the round will not be angled up, therefore not lined up to enter the chamber.

The first round on top of the follower is correct, but rounds 2-6 are not. :scratch:
    They are angled down or just horizontal.
    View attachment 197068

This started out badly & as I attempted to take some rounds out & start over, I humorously ended up here as I tried turning mag upside down to get rounds to load/angle properly. :wallbash:
    View attachment 197069

This is the top view, but after I'd cleared the other horizontals beside this one. :ugh:
    View attachment 197070
    Thanks, looks like I better practice mag loading before going to the range.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thanks, looks like I better practice mag loading before going to the range.
    I worked trying to do it with 22 mags & couldn't get it right, haha! :dunno:
    I don't know if it makes a difference since I only put 20 rounds through with 7 brands of the ammo.
    The ammo I had no issues of FTL:
    - Winchester Super X, 40 grain, 1300 FPS
    - Remington 22 Thunderbolts, 40 grain, 1255 FPS

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Yeah I was hoping that the trigger was up to the level mentioned earlier in the thread. I also found the review where the tester was raving about the trigger. I'll still probably get one when the frenzy subsides. With a red dot it should still be a lot more accurate for me than my LCPII or 22 PPK/S , both in 22 lr. One of the reasons I did not get a Glock 44 was no optics ready slide. The P322 probably still has the toy-like feel but it will be different enough from anything else I have.
    Here is a five pull average this morning . I’m not sure why and currently talking to him about it but not sure where doddg dislike is coming from on this trigger. I’m thinking maybe bc it’s flat faced.

To me the sig feels way better than the g44. It’s as nice feeling as the tx. I like sig a little better bc it fits my small hands better.

I’m still trying to figure out the mag issues. I haven’t really had them. I’ve had less than a handful of problems. Three I recall were armscor. One was a weak round I could tell by sound and didn’t eject. The other two were dud rounds thst couldn’t fire from any of the three 22s I had with me.

I have a theory for loading but going to test it todsy to see if my thoughts are correct

Attachments

• E17BC17D-048B-4A5E-978D-5709E26F9789.jpeg
      E17BC17D-048B-4A5E-978D-5709E26F9789.jpeg
      91.9 KB · Views: 4

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    This isn't sounding to good to me. Loading magazines shouldn't be a fine art. My TX22 I just load 16rds and shoot then repeat. Maybe Sig needs to design a better magazine.
    The tx has done same thing to me with other people loading it and using the tabs and pulling down too far while loading. I’m sure this is the issue. I wish the loader was more like the tx22 loader thst basically you load traditional way and not pulling tabs down

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Measured the groups on one of doddgs targets. Average on this page is 1.0973”.

Not sure how anyone can complain about these groups or the trigger

A6583DAA-4699-403B-8357-8AAC9F4DD1C9.jpeg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The tx has done same thing to me with other people loading it and using the tabs and pulling down too far while loading. I’m sure this is the issue. I wish the loader was more like the tx22 loader thst basically you load traditional way and not pulling tabs down
    Thanks for the update I used my thumb for awhile then bought a loader. The loader works great I'll find the one I use for the TX22 and post it. I think I did somewhere already but can't remember where.

Edit: Here is what I'm using on the TX22.
    1650980833825.png

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Agreed, it's going to be the same with both.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This isn't sounding to good to me. Loading magazines shouldn't be a fine art. My TX22 I just load 16rds and shoot then repeat. Maybe Sig needs to design a better magazine.
    It could be all me. :dunno:
    Can't remember what Zach said about his loading with 4-500 rounds. :scratch:
    He did say that my FTLs were probably due to rounds not being lined up properly.

I started checking the mag before inserting.
    If I saw some rounds were not angled up near the bottom or even in the middle & of course near the top of the mag, I knew there was going to be an issue.
    If it was fully loaded, it was too late to try the "upside down" method.

Sometimes I could fire a few rounds before a FTL, & by then there would be some space to use "upside down" method for re-alignment of rounds in the mag.
    That method did help most of the time, especially if I did that 1/2 or even 3/4 of the way during the loading.

When it didn't fire, I'd pull the slide back & no round would be in the chamber, or it would not be lining up with the chamber, even a stovepipe x3.
    If the next round was "wedged" horizontal in the mag or even had a negative "down" angle a little bit, I'd pull the tab down to release pressure, turn mag upside while holding tab down & the round would "fall into place" properly, as I stated earlier, ad nauseum, haha! :lmfao:

Once, it was so convoluted that nothing helped & I had use surgery, haha! :wallbash:
    4.25.2022 mag 2 not right.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Any double stack 22 LR due to the rimmed cartridge will need similar. I find just barely if at all pulling down the tab works well, then tapping the mag floor plate on a bench helps.
    Good point.
    I've learned to only pull tab down far enough to get only 1 round in especially with this 20 round mag that I'd been warned about.
    Perhaps I got sloppy with that. :dunno:
    I did some tapping along the way, but the upside-down method seemed to work the best for me for realigning rounds in the mag.
    Since I was concentrating on which brands the 322 liked or disliked, I ignored it for the most part, attributing it to the magazine, instead of me. :lmfao:
    Now I wish I'd taken more picks of the mags before inserting to see a pattern better instead of working from memory or the 1 pic. :ugh:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Here is a five pull average this morning . I’m not sure why and currently talking to him about it but not sure where doddg dislike is coming from on this trigger. I’m thinking maybe bc it’s flat faced.

To me the sig feels way better than the g44. It’s as nice feeling as the tx. I like sig a little better bc it fits my small hands better.

I’m still trying to figure out the mag issues. I haven’t really had them. I’ve had less than a handful of problems. Three I recall were armscor. One was a weak round I could tell by sound and didn’t eject. The other two were dud rounds thst couldn’t fire from any of the three 22s I had with me.

I have a theory for loading but going to test it todsy to see if my thoughts are correct
    No dislike, just not impressed after reviews touting it as something special, which raised my expecttions too much.

I love flat-faced triggers, they seem to facilitate a better pull.
    No love for the Glock trigger, fine for a duty gun, but I like a better trigger when shooting paper for accuracy.
    I had 4/40 FTL from the Armscor.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Always trying to blame someone else. Bad groups and it’s the guns fault. A flyer and it’s the fault of the ammo. Failure to feed and it’s the mags fault.

I think I see a trend here LOL
    Ammo?
    I was told that unless your using the more expensive ammo that there will be flyers.
    Even with CCI, my favorite rifle round, I was told to expect 2 flyers every 10 rounds.

But you're right, I do grab at any excuse I can come up with when I have the annoying unexplained flyer rather than thinking I breathed wrong, my heart beat, I blinked or any number of reasons I use to console myself with. :lmfao:

Bad groups? Not at all.
    Sig 322 got all 5/5 rounds inside the 1.75" circles at 21" in 47/64 times using 10 brands of ammo.
    If I would have been shooting 30', perhaps there would have been more differences between the ammo brands.

But, this is the low standard I use to compare one gun with another.
    And, I have to use a rest to even do that! :dunno:
    If memory serves, you shoot better free hand than I do on a rest! :thumbsup:

Since the 322 had a red dot on it, I would expect sensational shooting even better than my hands can do.
    I know I am the weak link. :laugh:

My comment about not buying the Sig 322 was only b/c I have other guns shooting at that level or better.
    I just recently picked up a Sig 250-22, not b/c of it being accurate, but I just enjoy shooting it & I get great DAO practice with it.
    It brings something unique to my safe, which is something I look for now.

The Sig 322 is vastly more accurate than this Sig 250, yet it is in the safe: go figure.:dunno:
    Range 4.20..2022 1st time.jpg

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Always trying to blame someone else. Bad groups and it’s the guns fault. A flyer and it’s the fault of the ammo. Failure to feed and it’s the mags fault.

I think I see a trend here LOL
    Well good for you zachcz as most people never see their own TREND...LOL

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Wow , that is pretty impressive for a mass produced gun especially at the price they were intended to sell for! If its a fairly crisp trigger even more amazing! I'll definitely get one once they are more available. I am hoping for it to be a fairly accurate pistol for 25 yard target shooting. I'll use a Sig Zero or Holosun for optics.

Last edited:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Wow , that is pretty impressive for a mass produced gun especially at the price they were intended to sell for! If its a fairly crisp trigger even more amazing! I'll definitely get one once they are more available. I am hoping for it to be a fairly accurate pistol for 25 yard target shooting. I'll use a Sig Zero Holosun for optics.
    I do think my gauge is couple oz low most of time but I never really use it to get exact measurements. Typically to compare two guns and their triggers. It appears from my range testing and doddg it will group with about anything. I’ll try to get some grouos at 25 next time I go shoot

Top Bottom