• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Just wanted to add that he was using Winchester White box 22lr ammunition. I've seen others reporting similar experiences using Winchester white box 22lr. I think it would be a safe bet to not shoot it. I'm guessing they are using extremely soft lead.

Jont22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Aug 24, 2019
    Morgan County
    Just wanted to add that he was using Winchester White box 22lr ammunition. I've seen others reporting similar experiences using Winchester white box 22lr. I think it would be a safe bet to not shoot it. I'm guessing they are using extremely soft lead.

Last batch of Winchester I bought was terrible.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Yup. Your probably more right than wrong on that one.
    I was actually wrong as I picked one up in Anderson on June 2nd for $399. With a Holosun 407K the P322 shot quite well for me. Hopefully the weather will cooperate tomorrow as I plan to test more types of ammo through it and test out a Smith Victory I bought here from the classifieds the same day.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I was actually wrong as I picked one up in Anderson on June 2nd for $399. With a Holosun 407K the P322 shot quite well for me. Hopefully the weather will cooperate tomorrow as I plan to test more types of ammo through it and test out a Smith Victory I bought here from the classifieds the same day.
    Well, so this time, being more wrong was more right! Congratulations on your new one.

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    Grabbed one from Atkinson's in Greenwood early last week for $479 (typically would of waited, but hard to find at the moment). Was really looking forward to this one given all of the reviews and the included options. Went out yesterday evening with it and thought that I was going to have to call Sig for a warranty issue. Every magazine had 2-4 light strikes (Aguila 38gn Super Extra Copper coated HP). Had stove piping and failures to go into battery consistently (Winchester white box bulk 555).

Last night I tore it down and picked all of the gunk I could from the firing pin channel. Today I took it back to the range with the Aguila, Aguila 40gn Super Extra lead, Winchester, Federal auto match, and Winchester super x. This time I paid close attention to loading the magazine correctly, which seems to have eliminated the stove pipes and failures to go into battery. Both Aguila's had the same light strike problems. Anything that didn't say Aguila had no problems with detonating.

Trigger is great. Factory sights are great, a little skeptical about the rear windage adjustment's ability to stay put though. Time will tell on that one. Accuracy is phenomenal, even with just bulk box ammunition. Got it set at 10yards now. The gun does feel light and plasticky though. The magazines have to be loaded with particular care to ensure proper feeding.

In all, glad I got it and I'll probably put thousands of rounds through it.

image0.jpeg image1.jpeg image2.jpeg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom