• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    TLDR. While I agree that only one flag should ever fly at our embassies, religion should also never be used for the basis of any US policy.

There are just as many (maybe more) geneticists, psychologists and psychiatrists who believe that ones preference is not a choice. If so, explain why humans aren't the only animals that have same gender relations.

I am not going to argue with one's religious beliefs as it will never change anyone's mind just as I won't change mine.

I remain baffled why people care if it's a choice or biology, as if that makes it any more or less of their business.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    My objection to officially flying a rainbow flag is not based on morality. If you want to fly a rainbow flag over your personal property that's your business. I object to it being flown as official government policy.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The Bible if read tells you that any sin will not enter into heaven be it a little white lie, a Sodomite lifestyle, drunkenness, adultery, defiling the temple which is your body. On and on and on. A Christian isn't perfect just forgiven, and they do their best day by day to live a life Christ would approve of. Sometimes a Christian fails to do so and should seek immediate repentance to correct his or mistake. I personally do not believe a Christian can sin in word thought and deed daily and make it to heaven just reading what the Bible says as a guide.

Last edited:

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    At what point in your life did you consider both options and make a choice? You saying that you could have gone either way? Cause let me tell ya, ain't no way I'm looking at another man's hairy ass and finding love. Can't shoot pool with a rope, ya know. But I ain't mad at you if you can see yourself swinging the other way. To be honest, it's probably the cheaper option.

:)
    Luv the SAM KINISON paraphrase!!!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My objection to officially flying a rainbow flag is not based on morality. If you want to fly a rainbow flag over your personal property that's your business. I object to it being flown as official government policy.
    Progressives would **** themselves if a Republican president flew a Gadsden flag at US embassies. Not that one would.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    That's not what epigenetics is. The theory I referred to discusses a literal change in DNA expression based on a variety of factors, some external and some internal, but the bottom line is it creates a physiological change. No amount of therapy will change that anymore than it would change a cancer diagnosis.
    Yes...but when one considers that the "literal 'change' in DNA expression" only occurs AFTER the initial homosexual encounter, that still makes homosexuality a choice...unlike, say, cancer where one can take preventative measures, eat healthy, avoid risky behaviors with cancer-causing carcinogens, etc...and yet still be afflicted with cancer that occurs beyond their control! Everything else, when it comes to homosexuality, is an attempt to make an excuse their behavior, rather than be responsible for their behavior!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yes...but when one considers that the "literal 'change' in DNA expression" only occurs AFTER the initial homosexual encounter, that still makes homosexuality a choice...unlike, say, cancer where one can take preventative measures, eat healthy, avoid risky behaviors with cancer-causing carcinogens, etc...and yet still be afflicted with cancer that occurs beyond their control! Everything else, when it comes to homosexuality, is an attempt to make an excuse their behavior, rather than be responsible for their behavior!
    Where do you get that it only occurs after the initial homosexual encounter? Here is a study for you to peruse.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Since nobody has answered this yet, maybe you can. How does one become aroused to engage in the initial homosexual encounter if the natural drive is not present? Also interested in how you made your "choice" after considering both options, since anyone who thinks that it is a "choice" has to believe that arousal can occur in either scenario.

Maybe that's what scares them.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Since nobody has answered this yet, maybe you can. How does one become aroused to engage in the initial homosexual encounter if the natural drive is not present? Also interested in how you made your "choice" after considering both options, since anyone who thinks that it is a "choice" has to believe that arousal can occur in either scenario.

After listening to a lot of old Loveline episodes, the answer in some cases is child molestation.

PS - It's amazing how things have changed since the late nineties - gender dysphoria was something to be dealt with, not celebrated.

Here's a book that I want to read soon:
    https://www.ivpress.com/an-impossible-marriage

He and she both like girls, yet still have a God-honoring marriage.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

This has been mentioned a couple of times in this thread. There is physical and mental arousal, they are different. Physical arousal can happen in the absence mental arousal, it can also happen when the person seriously desires it doesn't.

In cases of rape it has been shown that both males and females can experience physical arousal even including orgasm. It is a physical response to physical stimulation.

Not to mention that the person doesn't have to be aroused if they are the receiver, or in the case of oral giving.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Not to mention that the person doesn't have to be aroused if they are the receiver, or in the case of oral giving.
    You don't have to be hungry to eat a piece of chocolate cake, either, but you probably wouldn't be doing it if you didn't enjoy it. I'm betting that there aren't a whole lot of cases where people are choosing a sexual partner and are not both mentally and physically into it. I'm talking consensual encounters, of course. Rape/sexual assault is irrelevant.

As is most of this discussion, come to think of it, since the issue is rainbow flags at our embassies. Which I think a lot of us would agree are wrong and inappropriate. But we all know that the flag issue is not why the OP created this thread. "God Hates Flags" just doesn't have the same panache.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You don't have to be hungry to eat a piece of chocolate cake, either, but you probably wouldn't be doing it if you didn't enjoy it. I'm betting that there aren't a whole lot of cases where people are choosing a sexual partner and are not both mentally and physically into it. I'm talking consensual encounters, of course. Rape/sexual assault is irrelevant.

As is most of this discussion, come to think of it, since the issue is rainbow flags at our embassies. Which I think a lot of us would agree are wrong and inappropriate. But we all know that the flag issue is not why the OP created this thread. "God Hates Flags" just doesn't have the same panache.
    If the "black slaveholders" thread taught me anything, it's that we can all agree while simultaneously arguing about minutiae.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I never said anything about a homosexual encounter causing the change. It's hypothesized that various things can cause this change such as fetal exposure to hormones from the mothers diet, infant food sources, etc.

Plenty of things in the American diet that impact physiology.

Top Bottom