• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I never said anything about a homosexual encounter causing the change. It's hypothesized that various things can cause this change such as fetal exposure to hormones from the mothers diet, infant food sources, etc.

Plenty of things in the American diet that impact physiology.
    Mother was hard enough on herself because we found out my baby-making plumbing wasn't right. Can you imagine what she'd think about herself if I said I'm gay and it's because she ate something fabulous! in the third trimester?

PS - I kinda wish my coworker would get his act together so I can go do real work...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    TL/DR

Are we equating same sex attraction with engaging in homosexual actions? One is a choice, the other very well may not be, whether by genetics, psychological or environmental factors...or all any combination of these and other factors.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm betting that there aren't a whole lot of cases where people are choosing a sexual partner and are not both mentally and physically into it. I'm talking consensual encounters, of course. Rape/sexual assault is irrelevant.

As is most of this discussion, come to think of it, since the issue is rainbow flags at our embassies. Which I think a lot of us would agree are wrong and inappropriate. But we all know that the flag issue is not why the OP created this thread. "God Hates Flags" just doesn't have the same panache.Eh you might be surprised,
    Eh, you might be surprised. I know of a few cases of it happening. A couple of girls who engaged in threesomes because their boyfriends wanted to, and they weren't into girls. A guy who engaged in a homosexual relation because his girlfriend made it a condition of having a threesome with another girl, and he wasn't into guys before or after.

I'd also argue that rape/sexual assault isn't irrelevant, especially since you questioned how someone could become aroused if the first homosexual relation was the cause.

I can agree with your second paragraph.

TL/DR

Are we equating same sex attraction with engaging in homosexual actions? One is a choice, the other very well may not be, whether by genetics, psychological or environmental factors...or all any combination of these and other factors.
    I can agree with that.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Eh, you might be surprised. I know of a few cases of it happening. A couple of girls who engaged in threesomes because their boyfriends wanted to, and they weren't into girls. A guy who engaged in a homosexual relation because his girlfriend made it a condition of having a threesome with another girl, and he wasn't into guys before or after.
    I'd say, "pics or it didn't happen", but you'd probably send pics of the wrong encounter. :cool:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Unless you repeatedly willfully sin and do not repent.
    Pretty much...when one chooses to become a Christ-follower, they also choose to give up their life of sin (and all sin is, basically, is putting one's self or selfishness ahead of God) and then live for Christ!
    All sin separates one from God, and it's only through repentance and asking forgiveness that one can be restored in their brokenness, through sin, in their relationship with God. Grace is available for those who choose to life by faith, understanding that it's truly humanly impossible to live to perfection, but God's grace makes up for the differences.
    Continuing to endulge in, or participate in, sin, especially something that's done deliberately, is a game-changer though...
    To live by faith, and to live according to His precepts, is God's goal for our lives...
    Choosing to live by God's precept, in all of this, is our part!

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sick, sad, and disgusting? All of this chatter over what happens on sovereign territory surrounded by foreign soil? What about this?
    That was just another previous example of in your face politics. Political pandering to demonstrate that 'we're down with the struggle" by a democrat administration on behalf of a particular movement.

Some say it wan't politics just like flying the rainbow flag isn't. I say bull **** to that. It's all a policy move on a grand scale by a particular administration that says "this administration supports the gay rights movement"

My question to them is. Should any other administration be allowed to do the same to show their support for a particular movement? Howbout if a Republican administration officially flew pro right to life banners? I'm pretty sure I can guess what the democrat reaction to that would be.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom