Should the GOP continue to fight to delay obamacare?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Also a lot of Obamanites are starting to realize how bad this law is and while there are some points to it overall its crap and needs to be repealed and replaced.

Clinton finally supported welfare reform. The clowns we have now should be able to get rid of this crap.

EEK!! teh "replaced" part of repealed scares me.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    doesnt matter what they do now, the got their bluff called during the shutdown, the people are going to decide it in 2014, we either take over the senate and increase the lead in the house, or nothing really matters after that. this is the final nail in the coffin. unless we take it back in 2014, there is no stopping obamacare, then all those "crazy preppers" wont look so crazy after all!!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    doesnt matter what they do now, the got their bluff called during the shutdown, the people are going to decide it in 2014, we either take over the senate and increase the lead in the house, or nothing really matters after that. this is the final nail in the coffin. unless we take it back in 2014, there is no stopping obamacare, then all those "crazy preppers" wont look so crazy after all!!

The most important election in our lifetime?

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    EEK!! teh "replaced" part of repealed scares me.

Yep...unless they replace it with something that will be free market centered and not involve any govt bureaucrats running anything. It would be nice if we had an electorate smart enough that simply making the case for allowing competition across state lines for insurance companies, and tort re-form to stop the insane law suits would be sufficient to garner enough support. However, I don't see any "replacement" not including pre-existing conditions being covered and probably lifetime or yearly caps on out of pocket expenses as well.

Maybe after this thing explodes and enough people get hurt by it America will wake up a little and see how harmful big gov't is....not holding my breath.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yep...unless they replace it with something that will be free market centered and not involve any govt bureaucrats running anything. It would be nice if we had an electorate smart enough that simply making the case for allowing competition across state lines for insurance companies, and tort re-form to stop the insane law suits would be sufficient to garner enough support. However, I don't see any "replacement" not including pre-existing conditions being covered and probably lifetime or yearly caps on out of pocket expenses as well.

Maybe after this thing explodes and enough people get hurt by it America will wake up a little and see how harmful big gov't is....not holding my breath.

I doubt it. When Obamacare explodes, single payer will be next. Free market advocates are too few and too splintered on other issues to matter.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here

I like your optimism, but I think Obamacare is here to stay. I think most of us believe that it is just a stepping stone to total government healthcare. They will keep trying and trying to fix it and then there will be a big announcement, "We will need to fundamentally change Obamacare to fix it right." This will be the big step to single payer healthcare. I think that even with a Republican majority in the house and the senate, there will never be any serious discussion concerning repealing Obamacare. It may be a topic discussed for election purposes, but it will remain just that, a discussion to win votes.

85s10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    I agree with Hornadyin1 on the next couple of years being the most important ever. The next election will definitely determine the survival of the traditional beliefs that founded this country.

85s10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    I really think that Obamacare is here for good. There has been too much put into it by the government to eliminate now. Besides, the way the job economy is going, more of us might need it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I really think that Obamacare is here for good. There has been too much put into it by the government to eliminate now. Besides, the way the job economy is going, more of us might need it.

2 posts toward your 50? Old thread but not as old as some necro-threads lately. ;)

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle

That is the idea. They made it so it would be impossible to get rid of, but there are more a few democrats ( some even already survived their votes like tester and mccaskill) will probably go down when it is shown not to work.

Top Bottom