• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Weapon stockpiles are always a problem.

People don't like spending on 'unnecessary' stuff.
    And weapons are 'unnecessary' during peacetime. Cause people say, well, wars are a thing of the past.
    And, if you have a stockpile, you have to keep it current.
    Which costs more $$$

And then a war happens, and you have to ramp up production from the peacetime levels.
    An example WWII torpedoes.
    They SUCKED.
    Also, at first they were making them in minuscule numbers.
    Not able to make up the numbers being fired.
    Of course, if they worked right, they might not have needed to fire quite as many.

Or, look at simple things like bombs.
    Vietnam saw WWII bombs still being used.
    One reason for some MAJOR problems during carrier fires (I think 3 different carriers).
    Cause the WWII bombs had a shorter "cook off" time.
    Pretty awful when you watch a video of a fire team rushing in to cool the bombs going off, wiping out an entire firefighting team.
    I watched two 105 guns go down this summer due to bad charges being used. They where Vietnam era. Artillery unit was worried cause if their tubes where deemed deadline they lost the guns completely cause there where no more tubes or replacement systems in the country. Everything extra was sent to Ukraine.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I watched two 105 guns go down this summer due to bad charges being used. They where Vietnam era. Artillery unit was worried cause if their tubes where deemed deadline they lost the guns completely cause there where no more tubes or replacement systems in the country. Everything extra was sent to Ukraine.
    Navy was running into a problem with 16 inch shells when they recommissioned the Iowa battleships under Reagan.
    After all, how many of those are made?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Guy on a SXS forum posted him riding. From Ukraine. Someone asked why he wasn’t fighting? Said he hadn’t been called up yet. Someone wanted to know why he thought it was safe enough to be out playing in the woods? I looked it up and he is close to the Polish border. No fighting clear over there, and guess they aren’t calling up people from that far west.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Weapon stockpiles are always a problem.

People don't like spending on 'unnecessary' stuff.
    And weapons are 'unnecessary' during peacetime. Cause people say, well, wars are a thing of the past.
    And, if you have a stockpile, you have to keep it current.
    Which costs more $$$

And then a war happens, and you have to ramp up production from the peacetime levels.
    An example WWII torpedoes.
    They SUCKED.
    Also, at first they were making them in minuscule numbers.
    Not able to make up the numbers being fired.
    Of course, if they worked right, they might not have needed to fire quite as many.

Or, look at simple things like bombs.
    Vietnam saw WWII bombs still being used.
    One reason for some MAJOR problems during carrier fires (I think 3 different carriers).
    Cause the WWII bombs had a shorter "cook off" time.
    Pretty awful when you watch a video of a fire team rushing in to cool the bombs going off, wiping out an entire firefighting team.

Also, it seems that 'experts' ALWAYS seem to underestimate the amount of supplies necessary.
    Look at individual battles.
    Lives and material usually exceed the estimates. Sometimes by decimal places.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

I thought NATO had said no during an active war? Seems WEF may have changed that and Zelensky feels empowered enough to show up at Davos in person to demand membership.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

I thought NATO had said no during an active war? Seems WEF may have changed that and Zelensky feels empowered enough to show up at Davos in person to demand membership.
    Guess who else is in Davos? The new president of Poland and....

Polish President believes Ukraine's accession process to NATO can be started before end of war​

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Have to wonder what the point of it all was. Victory over Russia, really? or just eradicating a bunch of Ukrainians? and what for?
    Probably has something to do with being invaded by a foreign enemy. But I'm just spitballing here.

:rolleyes:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Top Bottom