KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Does everyone understand that the equipment we are supplying is not outdated surpluses?

So if we give them 270 million in equipment we have to replace that equipment at what cost?

The military industry complex is smiling all the way to the bank.
    You just reminded me that I still hate Lockheed-Martin.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Does everyone understand that the equipment we are supplying is not outdated surpluses?

So if we give them 270 million in equipment we have to replace that equipment at what cost?

270 million is pocket change for the MIC. That's just a little spendin' money.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You just reminded me that I still hate Lockheed-Martin.
    Lockheed-Martin was one of the main customers of an aerospace shop i quit less than 2 years ago. Youd be surpised how many prints we got that were dated back to the 1950s. Appearantly, all the good engineers quit in 1959 (or aircraft tooling hasnt changed much since the 50s)

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

But...but....it's our responsibility to "defend democracy" or some such horse****.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I have been saying this all along, joe and hunter have and or had financial dealings in the Ukraine, also ukraine is known for money laundering and i think we all know who they do it for, our military is becoming very concerned with the large drawdown of of our weapons and to replace them it will be our tax dollars as the ukraine is ready to go belly up, our economy here sucks, but our politicians keep wanting to help others but do nothing here?? We need to shut the spigot off immediately, and permanently and fight our border war here!!!!!!!!

We need to shut these ****ing politicans off and dissolve the ****ing central state.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Lockheed-Martin was one of the main customers of an aerospace shop i quit less than 2 years ago. Youd be surpised how many prints we got that were dated back to the 1950s. Appearantly, all the good engineers quit in 1959 (or aircraft tooling hasnt changed much since the 50s)
    The Lockheed of Kelly Johnson's day (P-38 Lightning, F-104 Starfighter, U-2 Dragon Lady, SR-71 Blackbird) is not the one I dealt with 1996-98 in Iceland with the FPS-117 V5 Radars. I would do pretty much anything to keep from having to deal with Lockheed-Martin.

This included having a small shop in Dayton, OH (they had bought the rights and schematics to a bunch of GE Aerospace's electronic components) make parts that we needed/weren't otherwise in the Air Force inventory. They could get parts to us faster than the USAF depot could (I'm talking shipped to Iceland in 6 days,) and they actually made the parts I needed. Problem was, I couldn't "technically, legally, contractually, some other words" use a government purchase card to purchase items that weren't off the shelf/had to be manufactured.

LM would take 9 months and expect to have their sorry arses kissed to do their damn jobs. **** that noise, I got what we needed. I think I might have explained it, "the components are there, they just have to put the pieces together before they ship them to us." They folks I worked for were like, "COOL, just don't tell us too much!!"

LM was notorious for selling **** that needed an upgrade, not having all the parts for the upgrade, stealing from the spare parts they were contractually obligated to provide, not replacing the parts they stole to complete the upgrade, and trying to get the Blue-Suiters to do the work they were supposed to do for free.

Just to review, **** Lockheed-Martin and the horse they rode in on.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I remember a while back seeing video of these OLD tanks on rail cars. They looked better than the tanks out of WRM (War Reserve Materiel) that we saw earlier. Looks like three towns won't be getting their static displays back.

Operational Command "South" announced the assault on three Russian T-62 tanks, three "Grad" MRLS, one Msta-B howitzer, and other armored and military vehicles, the Kyiv Independent reported.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The following article is written by a man I respect and consider to be honest.
    He does miss one thing though. Russia has admitted to hitting a warehouse in Odessa that was holding NATO weapons(delivered by road from Romania),but that strike was 18 minutes earlier than the explosion at the grain facility ,and over 11km south of the grain facility. Russia has denied hitting the grain facility.

8 ships with grain had already left for Turkey in the week before the agreement was made official. Russia and Turkey had arranged them,with city officials in Odessa. I see no logical reason for Russia to have then attacked that same loading facility after the agreement was made public. So as the author in the article points out,they likely did not.

You can watch shipping in real time,and people have. https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:22.3/centery:48.2/zoom:2

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Ukraine's "Center for countering disinformation"(established in 2021,which is likely where our current administration got the idea) has released a list of Russian "Propagandists".

The list is quite long and includes many journalist,world leaders,and American politicians like Rand Paul(R) and Tulsi Gabbard(D). Even Glen Greenwald made the list. Pretty much anyone who questions any part of the narrative made the list.

I can see based on some of the logic like "creating a problem" (which in short means asking questions about anything the government or other governments are doing is labeled "creating a problem") is being used by the Ukrainian government to label anything they do not like as disinformation. It is cancelling people liberal style,but at a government level. In a creepy way it makes sense why the Biden administration wanted to follow this model and create a disinformation board.

The board is also partially responsible for the 360 arrests lasts week for treason(some of those arrested were already on the list). If you are in Ukraine you better not question....well anything.

Yay,democracy.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I wonder if we would have pearl-clutchers whining about "democracy" and "being cancelled" if there was an army rolling tanks on us and raining artillery and rockets on our cities. Probably. And of equal use, I might add.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    President Volodomyr Zelensky wants Citi,JPMorgan and HSBC charged with war crimes. They facilitate the EU buying oil,gas,fertilizer,and food from Russia.

I do not think Zelensky has long left on this earth and I do not think it is the Russian's who will kill him. Those same banks have been the funnel for nearly all Ukrainian aid to Ukraine.
    The man is an actor,which explains why he is totally clueless about how the actual world works.

Last edited:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Things probably look much different when your country has been invaded and it is fighting for its existence. To agree with Route45’s post.

After Pearl Harbor was attacked the USA did some extreme (and highly questionable) things and we weren’t even invaded unless you count the Aleutian Islands. Japanese internment, food and fuel rationing, four terms for a sitting US President, full mobilization with the draft, censorship to protect National security. When your country has been punched in the face and is fighting for its life I would imagine the world looks much different.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom