• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What makes a president weak is drawing lines in the sand and then doing nothing about someone crossing those lines.

The current president looks like a foolish weakling. I can see Putin now... "line in the sand? Hahahahahaha.... someone tell that panzy to shut his piehole."

Only it would be in Russian.

I agree he shouldn't be drawing any lines in the sand, but him doing nothing I don't view as a sign of weekness.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am currently reading Tom Clancy's book Command Authority... it is strangely foretelling the current events. Unfortunately Obama is no Jack Ryan.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I agree he shouldn't be drawing any lines in the sand, but him doing nothing I don't view as a sign of weekness.

If he would just mind his own business you would be right. But no president ever does that, including him. They always seem to want to involve themselves in the business of other countries.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Uhhh... tanks:

BhmYyTYCQAANFeA.png:large

Welcome to the New Soviet Union.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

That being in spite of us having signed a treaty with them assuring them that we would protect their borders in return for them giving up nukes while sitting next to Russia?

Explain to me exactly how that doesn't make us not only weak, but cowardly liars unwilling to keep our word and not to be trusted...

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    That being in spite of us having signed a treaty with them assuring them that we would protect their borders in return for them giving up nukes while sitting next to Russia?

Explain to me exactly how that doesn't make us not only weak, but cowardly liars unwilling to keep our word and not to be trusted...

It's Obama. That's how he shows strength.

I forgot all about that treaty...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I'm not up to speed on that treaty. You have a link to it and it's contents?

edit: found it, interesting indeed.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum_on_Security_Assurances

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Google the "Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances". I'm on a tablet and haven't figured out how to cut n paste.

The texts link I found to the dept of state is broken, so far alive been able to find are summaries.

Last edited:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    OK, here's a theory. Defense contractors were upset at the news of US military cut-backs, so they got together and called Putin. "Vlad, can you do us a favor and invade somebody, like maybe, I don't know.....the Ukraine". "We're not asking for shooting and stuff, just like take over the airport or something, and drive a few tanks around for awhile, you know just enough to make some noise and make a lota people nervous..." "When it's all done, we'll get with you and sort you out, thanks much".

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just out of curiosity, you think non-intervention makes a president weak?

No, I think drawing lines when you have no will to back it up makes you weak. Putin is quite sure Americans are pussies. What evidence would he have to the contrary?

Non-intervention looks a lot more like not drawing lines.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This **** is exactly why we don't need to be gallivanting around playing policeman for the world. We're coming off two wars of questionable waging, and now we're not prepared to deliver on something were bound by treaty to do.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No, I think drawing lines when you have no will to back it up makes you weak. Putin is quite sure Americans are pussies. What evidence would he have to the contrary?

Non-intervention looks a lot more like not drawing lines.

I don't like it, but it looks like we're actually supposed to be doing something. In light of this treaty, it most certainly makes the president look weak.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    I don't like it, but it looks like we're actually supposed to be doing something. In light of this treaty, it most certainly makes the president look weak.

Yeah but since there isn't really an enforcement mechanism that I can find in it, I'm sure there will be a lot of handwringing and little more... There are so many outs in that treaty that I doubt Putin even gave it a second thought in light of how we reacted to the murder of our ambassador!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah but since there isn't really an enforcement mechanism that I can find in it, I'm sure there will be a lot of handwringing and little more... There are so many outs in that treaty that I doubt Putin even gave it a second thought in light of how we reacted to the murder of our ambassador!

Well, all the crossed lines couldn't have helped either. Or the puddle forming around his shoes.

Top Bottom