• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    We’ll regain our status as a nuclear power and that’ll change the conversation. Ukraine has all the technological means needed to create a nuclear arsenal – which would take us about three to six months,” Svoboda party MP Mikhail Golovko said.

Neo Nazi's with nukes.....way to pick a side Obama.

The rhetoric, which contradicts the international nuclear non-proliferation treaty Ukraine signed in 1994, is not new for the Svoboda party, one of the driving forces behind the Maidan uprising. Its leader, Oleg Tyagnibok, already promised that the country would go nuclear while he was running for the presidency in 2009.

Kind of flies in the face of "Obama is a racist", doesn't it?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    A leader of the Ukrainian radical group Pravy Sektor (Right Sector), Dmitry Yarosh, has called on Russia’s most wanted terrorist Doku Umarov to act against Russia in an address posted on Right Sector’s page in VKontakte social network.
    The statement points out that “many Ukrainians with arms in the hands” supported Chechen militants in their fight against Russians and “it is time to support Ukraine now.”
    The message, signed “leader of Right Sector Dmitry Yarosh” then calls on Umarov “to activate his fight” and “take a unique chance to win” over Russia.
    US calls for international observers as Ukraine places forces on combat alert and threatens war -live updates | World news | theguardian.com
    So we side with the Nazi's and terrorist?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Ukraine’s Navy flagship, the Hetman Sahaidachny frigate, has reportedly refused to follow orders from Kiev, and come over to Russia’s side and is returning home after taking part in NATO operation in the Gulf of Aden flying the Russian naval flag.
    There has been conflicting information on where exactly the vessel is, but a Russian senator has confirmed to Izvestia daily that the frigate defected to the Russian side.
    Ukraine’s Navy flagship the Hetman Sahaidachny has come over to our side today. It has hung out the St Andrew’s flag,” Senator Igor Morozov, a member of the committee on the international affairs, told Izvestia daily.
    He said the flagship is on its way back to the Black Sea after drills in the Mediterranean. “The crew has fulfilled the order by the chief commander of Ukraine’s armed forces Viktor Yanukovich,” he added.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    No, they did have ID. If you were familiar with the Law of Land Warfare you would know that there is a lot of wiggle room. But troops wearing uniforms but no insignia is a bit unusual.

Huh, the ones I saw with no name tapes, branch tapes, or rank must have been figments of my imagination.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Huh, the ones I saw with no name tapes, branch tapes, or rank must have been figments of my imagination.

FM 27-10 http://www.afsc.army.mil/gc/files/fm27-10.pdf

Look, I did not wear a uniform. Even dressed like a local. But I had ID and proof that I was a member of the US military. We have civilians who are engaged in warfare as members of the military. That is allowed. In WW2 we put German civilians into EPW camps because they were part of the military thus were treated as if they were uniformed soldiers.

pearlman1966

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010

I must have been having the same hallucination in Afghanistan.

Or maybe the guy just claimed to be a SF Colonel was lying .

ETA. The female MI personnel were lying as well.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    FM 27-10 http://www.afsc.army.mil/gc/files/fm27-10.pdf

Look, I did not wear a uniform. Even dressed like a local. But I had ID and proof that I was a member of the US military. We have civilians who are engaged in warfare as members of the military. That is allowed. In WW2 we put German civilians into EPW camps because they were part of the military thus were treated as if they were uniformed soldiers.

IRC, soldiers that are dress in civilian clothing, aren't protected under the Geneva Convention. The soldiers must wear attire that distinguishes them as a combatant and carry a visible weapon.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I must have been having the same hallucination in Afghanistan.

Or maybe the guy just claimed to be a SF Colonel was lying .

ETA. The female MI personnel were lying as well.
    Tactical Human Intelligence (THT) units did not wear name tags, branch or rank. Same for PsyOps and Civil Affairs. Also many were given reduced grooming standards that allowed them to wear civilian clothes and beards. Yet is well within the Law of Land Warfare (FM 27-10).

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Tactical Human Intelligence (THT) units did not wear name tags, branch or rank. Same for PsyOps and Civil Affairs. Also many were given reduced grooming standards that allowed them to wear civilian clothes and beards. Yet is well within the Law of Land Warfare (FM 27-10).

Don't try to confuse them with the facts, Trooper.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Don't try to confuse them with the facts, Trooper.

The Land of Law Warfare isn't universally recognized, whereas the Geneva Convention (for the most part) is. Soldiers dressed in civilian attire aren't entitled to the same protections as soldiers. So yes, it is "allowed," but if they get caught, they don't get to claim POW status.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Land of Law Warfare isn't universally recognized, whereas the Geneva Convention (for the most part) is. Soldiers dressed in civilian attire aren't entitled to the same protections as soldiers. So yes, it is "allowed," but if they get caught, they don't get to claim POW status.

The law of land warfare is the Geneva Convention. It reflects all of the international laws of war. And in many cases is more restrictive.

pearlman1966

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010

But troops wearing uniforms but no insignia is a bit unusual.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The law of land warfare is the Geneva Convention. It reflects all of the international laws of war. And in many cases is more restrictive.

I'm not seeing that. All the references to the Law of Land Warfare come from American sources.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ah, it is derived from the basic tenets of the Geneva Convention, but obviously doesn't follow them exactly.

Top Bottom